Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Follow Me smart flight to no forward control.
656 7 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

This may just be a rookie error;  Today I was testing out the Follow Me smart flight control when suddenly the P4P stopped near a tree branch.  Not willing to continue to track me, I exited the program and returned to manual operation.  When I did that, I had every control available except for forward.  I was able to move the drone sideways and land safely.  Then I turned off the P4P battery and turned it on again.  When I brought it back up i the air, it had full controls again.  I'm just wonedering if this has happened to anyone, or if anyone knows why the controller only lost forward motion in that setting.  Thank you all so much for helping this rookie fly more with confidence with each forum post I read and learn from.  

Talaudyong, Palawan Philippines

Talaudyong, Palawan Philippines
2017-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sounds like a minor glitch in the app.

Don't ever fly near trees, as negative things are often bound to occur...  ;-)

You may have been fortunate to avoid this catastrophic crash.

RedHotPoker  
2017-8-23
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-23 14:05
Sounds like a minor glitch in the app.

Don't ever fly near trees, as negative things are often bound to occur...  ;-)

Thank you.  The Follow Me setting was going slow as I was merely walking, and probably wasn't more than 5 feet away from the tree limbs when it stopped tracking me.
I later tried the "Active Track" and found it does a better job.  Not sure why P4P has both when they do the same function, with Active Track responding and setting up easier than Follow Me.
2017-8-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Was the obstacle avoidance on ?
2017-8-23
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-23 14:25
Was the obstacle avoidance on ?

Obstacle avoidance was on.  It was after I moved the P4P high and far away from the tree when I discovered that the forward motion control didn't work.  All the other directional controls worked perfectly.  Thank you for asking.
2017-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-8-23 14:18
Thank you.  The Follow Me setting was going slow as I was merely walking, and probably wasn't more than 5 feet away from the tree limbs when it stopped tracking me.
I later tried the "Active Track" and found it does a better job.  Not sure why P4P has both when they do the same function, with Active Track responding and setting up easier than Follow Me.

Let's all hope it was only a rare occasion, & never to be witnessed by any one here, again... ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to calibrate the VPS and test again.

2017-8-23
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-23 19:53
I would recommend you to calibrate the VPS and test again.

https://youtu.be/mYSqz7R5zwI?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNqoF71lWL0ZCztUE9JaFK8

Thank you for the tutorial video, Susan.  I'll give it a try this afternoon.  I didn't know there was a video screen that you could calibrate it to.  Technology is amazing.
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules