DJI FW Updates Blues!
1000 18 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

So many frustrated stories everytine there's a new FW roll out.
Would it be easier for users to download the FW to PC/Mac and update offline?
Why DJI updates need to be performed online?
Are there any processes going on in the background that we dont know  while updating?
What are those processes if any?

Single SelectVote, Total 33 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

33.33% (11)
33.33% (11)
33.33% (11)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-8-23
Use props
Rol
First Officer

United States

I find myself DL using LTE as the Mav kills my in house WiFi.
2017-8-23
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Never had any issues updating by the app
2017-8-23
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-8-23 15:31
Never had any issues updating by the app

I have the same experience.  My WiFi is rock solid and I've never had a problem - I've updated every version from .400 Up on my Mavic and the last 3 revisions on my Spark.  (Knocks on wood)
2017-8-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Only ever used the app for FW updates, and my internet is pretty slow..
2017-8-23
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i had to update offline at my farm, it was jamming my wifi a bit too much and my house has super spotty LTE coverage and at my farm house.. only signal you get is all or nothing.. LTE and HD voice from ATT or nothing.. verizon is the same as well, im glad i switched because they nickle and dime hell out of me up there.. so i plugged directly into the router with my laptop and usb ethernet adapter i got a while ago from anker.. just updated RC and aircraft together and then did each battery.  app also crashed twice on my S8 during the update.. the NFZ update triggered crashes.. nothing else this time..did the NFZ update via assistant app on my laptop as well and that fixed it.
2017-8-23
Use props
jejebdg
lvl.1
Indonesia

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-23 22:37
i had to update offline at my farm, it was jamming my wifi a bit too much and my house has super spotty LTE coverage and at my farm house.. only signal you get is all or nothing.. LTE and HD voice from ATT or nothing.. verizon is the same as well, im glad i switched because they nickle and dime hell out of me up there.. so i plugged directly into the router with my laptop and usb ethernet adapter i got a while ago from anker.. just updated RC and aircraft together and then did each battery.  app also crashed twice on my S8 during the update.. the NFZ update triggered crashes.. nothing else this time..did the NFZ update via assistant app on my laptop as well and that fixed it.

I also never have issue upgrading the firmware through the app, but maybe you can solve it by upgrading it by assistant 2 app that run on pc/mac
2017-8-24
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-8-23 16:05
I have the same experience.  My WiFi is rock solid and I've never had a problem - I've updated every version from .400 Up on my Mavic and the last 3 revisions on my Spark.  (Knocks on wood)

knocking already!
2017-8-24
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I have always updated to latest firmware via DJI Go (using home wifi) with no issues.
2017-8-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The latest firmware closed up another loop hole in assistant but sport plus mode is still do able..
2017-8-24
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Knocking Always!

Spent the morning charging (5) Spark batteries and (5) Mavic batteries and then updating both birds via DJI Go4 -- With absolutely no problems.

Spark definitely updates quicker than the Mavic and both birds required battery updates, while the Spark also required a Remote Control update.

About 70 minutes to complete all the updates and I'll be flying this weekend.
2017-8-24
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-8-24 13:52
Knocking Always!

Spent the morning charging (5) Spark batteries and (5) Mavic batteries and then updating both birds via DJI Go4 -- With absolutely no problems.

Seems like our kids and wife will start complaining!!
2017-8-25
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-8-25 11:33
Seems like our kids and wife will start complaining!!

Lucky for me my Wife bought the Mavic for me as both a birthday and retirement gift (and to keep me out of the house on good Flying weather days) and we have no kids.

As such, she greatly encourages my flying and didn't blink an eye when I bought The Spark.  I think she likes the quiet and alone time (and, honestly, so do I) so it's a Win / Win for us!

Good Flying!
2017-8-25
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-8-25 17:29
Lucky for me my Wife bought the Mavic for me as both a birthday and retirement gift (and to keep me out of the house on good Flying weather days) and we have no kids.

As such, she greatly encourages my flying and didn't blink an eye when I bought The Spark.  I think she likes the quiet and alone time (and, honestly, so do I) so it's a Win / Win for us!

Lucky you, my friend!!!
2017-8-25
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

I always wait for you guys to try new firmware. Until no serious issue then I do mine. I am good follower.
2017-8-25
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Like your style supong ;)
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Firmware update via APP and DJI Assistant 2 are complementary. Just choose the convenient one as you preferred. Also, please let us know if there is any issue and we'd love to help.
2017-8-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

What kind of problems are you having? seems like the current process is working flawlessly (for me at least).  
2017-8-27
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So far never had a problem with a FW update. Updated via my iPhone 7 or iPad Mini 4 and the Go4 app. Updated the Goggles via my Mac and again, so far it’s been done without issues.
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules