2412 11 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I noticed halfway through the second flight yesterday that there was quite a noticeable buzz coming from a fan I guess,. Has anyone else had this issue ? And is it safe to continue using it for the next few weeks as it will soon be getting into autumn here and the weather will get worse. If it has to go in for repair I would rather do it then than at present.

Mavic combo was purchased from DJI UK in April this year, and would hope this is covered under warranty as I have only flown about 12 times since new.

Cheers

2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Is it possible to post a short video about this issue for better assistance? Without any details about this issue, it is hard to say.
2017-8-23
Use props
Chrasher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1145472 ft
Netherlands

Yes, there is a fan in the RC, that will kick in if the RC main board temp is getting hot.  So if you hear a normal fan sound from time to time, everything is fine.
2017-8-23
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Chrasher Posted at 2017-8-23 21:59
Yes, there is a fan in the RC, that will kick in if the RC main board temp is getting hot.  So if you hear a normal fan sound from time to time, everything is fine.

Not necessarily. People have had problems with the fan malfunctioning, with a loud buzzing sound coming from the RC.
2017-8-23
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yeah it's not the normal fan sound, it's very noticeable and sounds like either it's getting caught on something or the bearing is shot. I'll post a short video  later.

Thanks all
2017-8-24
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RC Buzzing

Here's the link @Dji Diana, it's definitely the fan as it only starts Buzzing when the fan kicks  in to cool the components.

Cheers
2017-8-24
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

Car147 Posted at 2017-8-24 01:32
RC Buzzing

Here's the link @Dji Diana, it's definitely the fan as it only starts Buzzing when the fan kicks  in to cool the components.

That sounds like a failing/deformed sleeve-bearing heatsink fan. Definitely not good.
2017-8-24
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have sent a request off to DJI support and included the link for them to check it out.

Cheers
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Car147 Posted at 2017-8-24 13:37
I have sent a request off to DJI support and included the link for them to check it out.

Cheers

Sorry for the trouble caused, this sound is not normal, please contact our support to start a ticket and send it in for repair, thanks.
2017-8-24
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply  DJI Mindy I have opened a repair request .

Cheers

2017-8-25
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

I know very old post and most of you won't have this controller anymore I presume, but I opened mine (Matrice 600 remote controller) today and like the Inspire controller that looks the same... There indeed is a fan. It is however mounted invisibly on the main board underside (which is in effect the top side but the board is installed upside down).

Me too I hear the buzzing sound after a couple of minutes and it does not stop. It certainly is not a normal fan sound.

I took the fan out of the controller to test it. It is a 5V/0.18A pretty standard small fan and it works fine.So how does it cause the buzzing sound? I still do not know, but I am sure it does.

If you want to know what it sounds like here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... yH/view?usp=sharing
2023-4-24
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Think you are "spot on" about the fan, in the Smart Controller, my Smart Controller makes that buzzing now and then.  The controller does get rather warm now and then since a few updates ago - buts works fine.   (Posted:04/25/2023  - 09:25 PST)
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules