Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi guys,

Las weekend, I went flying over a lake in a montaneous area. The wind were very strong over the lake. When I took off, I made sure to register my "returning point". There were 13 satelites available at this moment. Once over the lake, the wind was so strong that I decided to return home. I pushed ont the RTH button. Once the button pushed, the drone started his desent... right over the lake !!! I obviously stopped the landing process, took some altitude and managed to get closer before to re-engage the RTH mode. It worked perfectly while closer from the landing point. Does anyone experienced the same phenomenon ???

On the other hand, I would need your advice, tips, opinion and/or insult about the quality of the video shot. It was in full 4K, ISO 100 24 FPS, cloudy white balance with a ND8 filter.

Thanks to the advance !!!
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, did you trigger the RTH on the app or via the RC? Firstly, please check your flight record of this flight to make sure that whether you triggered the RTH or Landing if you tap the screen for RTH at that time, because the RTH and Landing icon is very close. If you triggered the right icon, did you get any notices on the app? Besides, you also need to notice the distance between the drone and the Homepoint, the drone would descend directly within 5 meters. Please refer to the notice below. If none of this was your case, please report this case to our support: support.us@dji.com. We will help to check.
For the video, I think it is a little bit over-exposure around the sky, you can try to adjust the EV, ISO, and shutter correspondingly. Mavic智能返航注意事项.png
2017-8-23
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Probable cause, thanks !!!!
2017-8-24
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

as thor says - over exposed sky /clouds area.. you can enable yr histogram (zebra strips) to help keep an eye on this. U r at 24 fps - whats yr shutter speed - should be 2* fps as a general rule but can be dialed up or down (right side dialer on RC) which in effect regulates the amount of light comming in and which can help to trim down brightness when it is too much or by rolling the dial to the right increases the amount of light on the sensor/brightness of picture.
2017-8-24
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks !! I don't yet have the reflex to play with this part of the RC... Will improve !
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Laval076 Posted at 2017-8-24 08:20
Probable cause, thanks !!!!

You are welcome, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-8-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing.
Indeed a bit over exposed (Maybe put EV compensation to -0,7 / -1) and the shots lack some kind of story (it's just like looking around with no clear direction)
And what a scare moment that must have been!
Good you remained calm and took control.
2017-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-23 20:34
Just to verify, did you trigger the RTH on the app or via the RC? Firstly, please check your flight record of this flight to make sure that whether you triggered the RTH or Landing if you tap the screen for RTH at that time, because the RTH and Landing icon is very close. If you triggered the right icon, did you get any notices on the app? Besides, you also need to notice the distance between the drone and the Homepoint, the drone would descend directly within 5 meters. Please refer to the notice below. If none of this was your case, please report this case to our support: support.us@dji.com. We will help to check.
For the video, I think it is a little bit over-exposure around the sky, you can try to adjust the EV, ISO, and shutter correspondingly.[view_image]

Thanks, clear piece of info!
2017-8-27
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-23 20:34
For the video, I think it is a little bit over-exposure around the sky, you can try to adjust the EV, ISO, and shutter correspondingly.[view_image]

I assume that the last sentence in that list should read "The aircraft will stop descending and hover" instead of "... ascending and hover ..."
2017-8-27
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-27 06:42
Thanks for sharing.
Indeed a bit over exposed (Maybe put EV compensation to -0,7 / -1) and the shots lack some kind of story (it's just like looking around with no clear direction)
And what a scare moment that must have been!

LOLOl You're absolutely right ! There's no "storyboard" on this video. It was essentially to test my camera settings. I'm leaving to Iceland on early October and I want the perfect shots from that perfect country !!! So, thanks for your comment on overexposure, that's comments I'm looking for !! Thanks again !
2017-8-27
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i rarely use RTH for actually returning completely..   i usually use it as a middleman to get me back out of an area with bad signal in case it drops entirely or if i need to step aside because something is happening. i personally prefer to manually reel her back in it helps me become smoother and understand her behavior better..

but ya,  i made that mistake myself twice so far.. clicking landing button not the RTH button. i was like why are you landing.. then tap X and click RTH.  but i use RTH to get me out of trouble with possible signal loss or f im confused where i am mostly.  which DJi, credit where credit is due, occusync is amazing, i have yet to completely drop signal for more than 1/4 second.. even 2 miles away and buried in the tree line to see some interesting..  i still use RTH just incase let it reel me into a familiar area then i take over.. but so far never had a 100% loss of signal..
2017-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Laval076 Posted at 2017-8-27 13:18
LOLOl You're absolutely right ! There's no "storyboard" on this video. It was essentially to test my camera settings. I'm leaving to Iceland on early October and I want the perfect shots from that perfect country !!! So, thanks for your comment on overexposure, that's comments I'm looking for !! Thanks again !

Hahahahaha.
I hope you get this -EV setting working for you.
Love to see those areal shots
2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules