Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
update database No-Fly Zones
4160 25 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bety
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097644 ft
Vietnam

Impossible to update the database No-Fly Zones on Spark. Systematic failure.
The download of the database is OK in the iPhone 7 +.

2017-8-23
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Try it on DJI assisstant 2 with pc
2017-8-23
Use props
bety
lvl.4
Vietnam

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-23 19:33

Thanks It's ok now.
2017-8-23
Use props
DroneMike
lvl.1
United States

I got that message when connecting Spark drone to Mac version of DJI Assistant. It downloaded the updated no-fly zones ok. Then it sat at 0% Transmitting.

I then connected drone, controller and iPhone for flight. Got message to update then. Did that and all worked fine.
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Good to know. Thanks for your feedback.
2017-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to hear it is ok now!
2017-8-25
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

Did it today... no problems on an Android... But it changed RTH time, it was 15% now is at 17% of the battery...
2017-8-25
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

I was just able to successfully update it a few minutes ago.

iPhone 7+ via OTG cable to RC.
2017-8-25
Use props
gmdii80
New
United States

So what happens if you are in a no fly zone... does the drone not enter the zone or what?
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

gmdii80 Posted at 2017-8-25 15:57
So what happens if you are in a no fly zone... does the drone not enter the zone or what?

The drone will slow down and hover when approaching the NFZ.
2017-8-27
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought I had beat the problem by deleting, then reinstalling the app. But after a few flights, the message returned, saying I needed to update the NFZ Database (AGAIN). My heart sank. I don't know how to get past this nonsense. I have tried every combination everyone has suggested in the thread above. The Assistant 2 app always immediately recognizes my aircraft and that I am logged in. Asks if I want to update the NFZ database, I say update, and it does a very quick download, which gets to 100% in about 5 seconds. Then it says "transmitting, 0%" and that is where it hangs... forever. What is it trying to transmit??? I am trying to update a P4P, not a Spark, but the procedure should be identical. Can someone please assist? DJI, assistance please! I have been at this, and putting up with the 100 foot flight limits for about a week now, and it is getting very old. I also replaced the cable, no change, no progess.
2017-8-29
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

One thing I've done today that felt like progress was to reinstall the Assistant 2 app. It turns out that just having the Assistant 2 app doesn't mean you have the current version of that app, and the current version, +2+1.1.2_2, is absolutely needed for this NFZ database update.  So when I installed +2+1.1.2_2, and the weird little secondary app or driver that comes with it, and restarted, I was then finally able to get past the "transmitting, 0%" point. It looked like the update was really going to work this time, until the message came "failure, errors". There was a button to report it to DJI and I did that. But after that, when I launch the Assistant 2 (+2+1.1.2_2) app, I get no message about needing to update the NFZ database. So am I ok to fly now? Who knows? Probably not, but there is nothing more I can do. DJI, this is not a smooth process.
2017-8-29
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

HI all, some advise on how to do it through app again? I had that pop up when i was trying to fly it away at remote area. I didnt have good 3g, so i choose to ignore. (iPhone 6s). I came back and tried flying another place and didnt get that pop up anymore. Even deleted the app and reinstalled, no pop up. How do i update it?
2017-8-29
Use props
DamienL
New
France

I Understand, sorry, no response, i'm beginnerI have the same Problem and worse.
2017-8-30
Use props
DamienL
New
France

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-23 19:33

I have the same problem. I thought that using DJI Assistant 2 solve the problem but the app
DJI Assistant 2 1.1.2.573 2017_05_27 16_41_02 6e0216bf(b21de8d8) create a CDC serial driver no supported on Windows 8.1 on my two PCs.
Incredible.
Do you have a suggestion ?
Thank you
2017-8-30
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

DamienL Posted at 2017-8-30 07:05
I have the same problem. I thought that using DJI Assistant 2 solve the problem but the app
DJI Assistant 2 1.1.2.573 2017_05_27 16_41_02 6e0216bf(b21de8d8) create a CDC serial driver no supported on Windows 8.1 on my two PCs.
Incredible.

Hi, try this to see if it helps. Turn off the Driver signature first: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutor ... cement-on-windows-8
Works for my friend.
2017-8-30
Use props
djiuser_WVmKreg
New
Philippines

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-25 05:46
Nice to hear it is ok now!

I live near airport, about 3 KM away. When I start to use dji spark it can't take off because it in the NFZ. Is there a way that I can use this device in my area? Because if there's none then probably buying this thing is useless...
2017-10-8
Use props
Toto Habschned
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40384 ft
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-27 01:19
The drone will slow down and hover when approaching the NFZ.

Something to add:
I happen to live within 1.5km of an airport and just out of curiosity did some testing in my garden (hovering at about 3m).
When starting the drone with no GPS it will take off just like that, but as soon as it gets a GPS lock and it figures it currently is flying in a NFZ the app will display a warning on screen and the AC will initiate the landing procedure (think it was something with 8 seconds before it will land)
2017-10-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_WVmKreg Posted at 2017-10-8 09:17
I live near airport, about 3 KM away. When I start to use dji spark it can't take off because it in the NFZ. Is there a way that I can use this device in my area? Because if there's none then probably buying this thing is useless...

I would check the location here https://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly and see what colour the zone is.
Green is ok, yellow you need permission. Red is no go. (at least not without some work)
2017-10-8
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can apply for an exemption from DJI to unlock the NFZ but I believe you will need to prove that it is safe to do so.
2017-10-8
Use props
Toto Habschned
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40384 ft
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-8 10:11
I would check the location here https://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly and see what colour the zone is.
Green is ok, yellow you need permission. Red is no go. (at least not without some work)

It's pretty much on where the NFZ ends and the yellow zone (restricted Class D airspace) begins. The garden being just inside the NFZ. As for the permission regarding the Class D airspace i usually fly in, a general clearance has been issued by the "Deutsche Flugsicherung" for flights not exceeding 50m in height.
A clearance shall be considered issued in the 16 control zones of DFS if the following conditions are met (as specified in the German-language publication Nfl 1-1023-17):
  • The minimum distance from the airport boundary is: 1.5 km.
  • The flight is only conducted within the operator's direct visual line of sight. (The use of binoculars, on-board cameras, night vision equipment or similar technical aids is not considered to be direct visual line of sight.)
  • At all times during the flight, the operator or a second person who is in contact with the operator must be able to observe the airspace, especially in regard to other traffic.
  • Manned aircraft operations shall be granted right-of-way at all times, preferably by flying lower or by landing.
  • Model aircraft and/or unmanned aircraft systems (drones) that have gone out of control must be immediately reported to the competent air traffic control unit.
  • Maximum weight of model aircraft: 5 kg
  • Maximum weight of unmanned aircraft systems (drones): 25 kg
  • Maximum height for model aircraft: 50 m
  • Maximum height for unmanned aircraft systems (drones): 50 m

So when walking out the front door i am good to fly up to a height of 50m without having to phone the tower first.

2017-10-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Toto Habschned Posted at 2017-10-8 10:32
It's pretty much on where the NFZ ends and the yellow zone (restricted Class D airspace) begins. The garden being just inside the NFZ. As for the permission regarding the Class D airspace i usually fly in, a general clearance has been issued by the "Deutsche Flugsicherung" for flights not exceeding 50m in height.
A clearance shall be considered issued in the 16 control zones of DFS if the following conditions are met (as specified in the German-language publication Nfl 1-1023-17):The minimum distance from the airport boundary is: 1.5 km.

That is not very convenient.
2017-10-8
Use props
diem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9442 ft
Greece

had the same isuue.try updating throught pc (assistant 2). it will work
2017-10-8
Use props
bety
lvl.4
Vietnam

It is OK now, I have updated just before flying on the spot.
2017-10-9
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I know that at least for Israel, the NFZ database is largely outdated and inaccurate.
I rely on the documents from Israel's civic aviation authority instead.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

When the GPS signal is enough, the motor can not be started when the drone found itself in the NFZ. You can refer the reply of 18#.

If you have got the local permission, you can contact the Flysafe Team via flysafe@dji.com to unlock this.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules