"Update for your Spark", what Spark?
780 5 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

So I went to fly my p4 a couple of days ago and I got a message on the screen that said "there is an update available for your Spark" and the options on the screen were "I know" and "Ignore". WTF? I dont have a Spark but clearly go4 thinks I do. I thought it was a fluke but now im hearing a lot of p4 owners that are getting the same message. Since this is a forced Spark update that will ground the Spark if not updated by Sept. 1st and go4 thinks I have a Spark is my p4 going to be grounded Sept. 1st? For the love of god what is going on at dji? Its just one fail after another. I think their biggest problem is that they want to drop one new model after another when they havent perfected what theve already put out and then the far less than perfet software for earlier models gets shellved to work on the newer flawed software. The p4 is what, 2 years old and already its so far down their priority list nothing gets done. They are too worried about selling new models that will be obsolete in 6 months at the rate they are going. The software for every model is so riddled with flaws they can never catch up, not when they release a new model every 3 months. How about fixing whats already broke before you release more broken software dji. Perhaps thinking about resolving your current flawed software before you release more flawed software would certainly help your customer loyalty issues. I dont know to many people that own dji products that say that they would purchase another dji product in the future. I know you think that new customers will always crawl out of the woodworks but thats not the case when your well known for having horrible software and even worse customer service. I guess we'll see where you are in 5 years. Walkera is looking pretty good right about now. Definately where my next drone is coming from.

2017-8-23
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Dude, calm down.
It's a generic message that pops up when DJI Go launches. Once it connects to the P4 the message goes away.
2017-8-23
Use props
Satstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

DJI is becoming increasingly bogged down with unnecessary updates instead of fixing existing bugs!
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Apologies if this bothers you. Please ignore this reminder as it is only available for Spark.
2017-8-24
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

I’m not one to kiss anybody’s butt, But I believe DJi is doing the best it can to correct the problem. Remember this update came out only 1 1/2 months ago and I agree at the worst time of year.

Posts like this are counterproductive-Someone told me If you’re not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
2017-8-24
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-8-23 22:25
Dude, calm down.
It's a generic message that pops up when DJI Go launches. Once it connects to the P4 the message goes away.

I was about to launch when it popped up.
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules