Anyone Else Having Take Off Crashes?
1258 8 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Anyone experiencing take off crashes? It doesn't matter if I do a manual take off or auto (only the height changes), the drone rises (auto - only the height of the drone, manual - maybe a meter), motors operating eratically, moves forward for less than a meter, loses altittude and then drops on the grass. I just did the mandatory firmware update yesterday. I tried with the RC and just with the phone, same results.

There has been some eratic ops in sport mode on a previous flight day. I would give it full up and the motors sped up/down while gaining some altitude, and then motors slowed/stopped with stick in neutral or up position and crashes to ground. I thought this maybe because one of the propeller feet broke off and was binding between the casing and motor windings. Nonsport mode operated fine.

2017-8-23
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

i experienced only once.. AC raised few cm then dropped. the propeller was still on!!. first flight after FW update. then it was fine..
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

How about replacing the propellers? If the issue remains, please refer the video and export the flight data for analysis.

2017-8-24
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Another new firmware related.
2017-8-24
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I was able to get out over the weekend to do some testing. I verified the problem still existed. I did as Susan suggested and tried changing out the props. I removed the third party props and installed DJI props and all flight control issues went away, no take off crashes, hovers are more stable, and Sport mode is nice and stable. Switched back to third party props to see if take off crash happens again and it did.

Susan, thanks for the change props suggestion. You may want support to know about this if they don't already. It would be interesting to know how many flight problems are related to non DJI props.

The conclusion here is don't cut corners on a vital piece of equipment.
2017-8-29
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"I removed the third party props and installed DJI props"

No offence meant but why cut corners on a DJI part that's designed and optimized specifically for the spark, cheap to replace and primarily is responsible for the flight and control of your aircraft?
My thoughts on this are that you got lucky it wouldn't take off, what if you had been in the air and they had failed?
2017-8-29
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

hmm interesting that the props affected the drone..
2017-8-30
Use props
ovidiusontea
New
Flight distance : 13583 ft
Indonesia

Hello!

I have a DJI Spark, which I took with me on my holiday. I launched the drone and drove it above a swimming pool and began to record something. Suddently, after a few minutes of flying, the drone's motors stopped and it fell into the water.The drone stayed in the water for less than 10 seconds. I don't understand why it did that. When I watched the video the drone filmed on my phone, the part which the drone fell in was missing. Besides that, when it fell down, its battery was 87% charged. Now the drone isn't working at all, even if I change the battery.
   If anyone knows what could I do, I kindly ask you to tell me.

Thank you!

Ovidiu Sontea
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-8-24 17:40
Another new firmware related.

Jumping into conclusions already?
For what I read OP also has some troubles with his props.
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules