3613 39 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Solomon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21736 ft
Ukraine

Dears,
first of all want to thank to all DJI team. It's not my first Drone, and I could not even imagine how much work has been done by DJI engineer team to create such amazing innovative product! Thank U all guys.

TOPIC:
Unfo, I owned MAVIC PRO only about a week. Then it just disconnected from RC and crashed...

In the first launch (and during this week) I had problems all the time.
1. Video disappeared in 10 seconds from launching - had to land immediately.
2. Magnetic interferences
3. Weak signal

Everything was done correctly (calibrated, mob 7+ fly mode on/off). So I decided to bring to official dealers here in Ukraine NEXT DAY to avoid any occurrences.
As I understood, they fixed something, calibrated compass again and reinstalled software.
Situation with video stayed better, bit still disconnected and connected again sometimes.

I'm definitely sure that it was program error (AC or RC).
Launched MAVIC only FOUR times in different location to find out there reason of WEAK SIGNAL fault.

1. HOME - weak signal
Live out of the city, so there is only one wifi signal, and no any others interferences.
2. LAKE - weak signal
No any interferences around.
3. AMSTERDAM - weak signal
Flight last less 1 min. Landed immediately.
4. LAKE - crashed
Location choose because of so many pilots tried it without issues, and it also out of the city.
The first time when I was almost happy without any faults... But it last only 1:46mins.

Don't know why, but could not attach fotos of each flight and of last one.

SIGNAL disconnected.
AC crashed.
COMPASS didn't calibrated w/o request.
RTH - ON by default.

https://app.airdata.com/main?flight=5d88b927ffd457a717c4d22a3fec3238

Passed logs to official dealer (w/o RC, tt I don't understand). They investigated and told it should be warranty case, but have to wait info from DJI.
Already wait for more than 3 weeks. But my wife rather famous here in Ukraine and Turkey, and we purchased MAVIC to support her TV/SM family show.
And it gonna start in 2 weeks...

Could I kindly ask somebody from DJI to check the status of our case?
CAS-896382-D9L9N9

Thanks in advance. IAC MAVIC PRO is an amazing product.
I'm so sad to send such messages. Errors could be everywhere.

2017-8-24
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Can you upload that same flight log (TXT file) to PhantomHelp using these instructions? PhantomHelp provides a lot more information than AirData for diagnosing problems like what you described.

Do I understand correctly that you're no longer in possession of the Mavic? The reason I ask is because the most useful logs are on the Mavic itself, but if you don't have it any more that doesn't really matter.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Per the case status, it seems that the dealer has not offered all information we needed. Could you tell us your DJI account and upload the flight records as the video? We will submit the data analysis for you asap,

2017-8-24
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-24 03:43
Can you upload that same flight log (TXT file) to PhantomHelp using these instructions? PhantomHelp provides a lot more information than AirData for diagnosing problems like what you described.

Do I understand correctly that you're no longer in possession of the Mavic? The reason I ask is because the most useful logs are on the Mavic itself, but if you don't have it any more that doesn't really matter.

Good day.

Please find below:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IDAKF6I6DO3ADV2XZLRO/

All my flights were not more than 400 meters away. It was not far from me, but behind the tree.
I even could suggest that somebody shoot it from some electromagnetic gun (if possible), if i didn't have problem with WEAK SIGNAL on my previous 3 launches/locations.

Yes, i lost it somewhere in the lake. Guys from Dealer also told me about logs on AC(

Also want to tell thank You for help. Have seen so many times when U spend time for analyzing datas.
2017-8-24
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-24 03:43

Dear DroneFlying,

Just mentioned the numbers of
VPS altitude  48.2 -> 0
IMU altitude  51.5
Is it normal?
2017-8-24
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Solomon Posted at 2017-8-24 05:32
Dear DroneFlying,

Just mentioned the numbers of

Is it normal?

Yes, that's normal. The VPS height is determined by a sensor on the bottom of the Mavic, while the IMU altitude is based on the Mavic's built-in barometer and it's actually pretty rare for them to produce exactly the same value. In reality both are estimates once you take off, though VPS is generally pretty accurate and the more reliable of the two when you're close enough to the ground for it to work.

Unfortunately your log doesn't really show any problems at all, much less what occured right before the crash you mentioned. Disconnections can happen for a lot of different reasons but there's nothing obvious in this case that would explain it and a disconnection shouldn't / won't normally cause a crash anyway. Can you provide a little more information about what happened? For example, where and when did it crash, and how did you know it crashed and find it even though you had lost the connection?

If you do still have the Mavic and can upload the DAT file from it I'll take a look, but without that I doubt I'm going to be able to provide you with any useful information on what happened.
2017-8-24
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-24 05:47
Is it normal?

Yes, that's normal. The VPS height is determined by a sensor on the bottom of the Mavic, while the IMU altitude is based on the Mavic's built-in barometer and it's actually pretty rare for them to produce exactly the same value. In reality both are estimates once you take off, though VPS is generally pretty accurate and the more reliable of the two when you're close enough to the ground for it to work.

Dear DroneFlying,

Yes, it was may be the only flight where I did not get any fault. About 30 secs I was waiting if it is ok. As I told - it was the 4th location where I tried to fly (and on 3 previous all the time had troubles with connection). When everything was good, I started to increase height. It was 90 meters aways. Cause with all my previous experiences I was afraid to fly more. I saw it between branchesю Then drone disconnected. I i was waiting for RTH for sometime. When understood that something going wrong ran to the last location and started searching. Girls from the shop nearby told tt they saw it felt in water. Did not see it on my own, but was looking all the territory around for 3 days. Cause it' s the present from my wife on my birthday 21/07, I had to find it )) Unfo, without success.
2017-8-27
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-24 05:00
Per the case status, it seems that the dealer has not offered all information we needed. Could you tell us your DJI account and upload the flight records as the video? We will submit the data analysis for you asap,
https://youtu.be/brKQZ-gTBXg

Dear Susan,

please check PM. I done already. Unfo, I did not find Amsterdam records there. But the flight last less than 1 minute with WEAK SIGNAL fault also. All the details of my account Login and Password were provided to Dealer several weeks ago.

Thanks a lot for Your prompt reply.
2017-8-27
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Solomon Posted at 2017-8-27 05:27
Dear DroneFlying,

Yes, it was may be the only flight where I did not get any fault. About 30 secs I was waiting if it is ok. As I told - it was the 4th location where I tried to fly (and on 3 previous all the time had troubles with connection). When everything was good, I started to increase height. It was 90 meters aways. Cause with all my previous experiences I was afraid to fly more. I saw it between branchesю Then drone disconnected. I i was waiting for RTH for sometime. When understood that something going wrong ran to the last location and started searching. Girls from the shop nearby told tt they saw it felt in water. Did not see it on my own, but was looking all the territory around for 3 days. Cause it' s the present from my wife on my birthday 21/07, I had to find it )) Unfo, without success.

To be honest I have a hard time seeing how your Mavic would have wound up in the water given that the log doesn't show it going very close (much less over) the water, and once the disconnection occurred it should have initiated RTH. In some cases the wind might make it unable to return, but the historical weather information for Kiev on that day doesn't show any strong winds that would have been a problem, so I'm a not sure what to tell you. I did notice that there appear to be some power lines and transmission towers that look like they might have been a problem given your 30m RTH altitude, but I'm not able to make any guess about what happened that I have any real confidence in. Anyway, good luck with this and please let us know how it turns out.
2017-8-27
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ya usually the log would say more..    19 sats were locked.. no errors reported..  not even signal loss recorded in the logs i see you submitted via  phantom help.     just stops communicating it seems like..

also it looks like starting to return home near the end.. or soemthing?   raised itself in altitude..  
2017-8-27
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-27 16:21
ya usually the log would say more..    19 sats were locked.. no errors reported..  not even signal loss recorded in the logs i see you submitted via  phantom help.     just stops communicating it seems like..

also it looks like starting to return home near the end.. or soemthing?   raised itself in altitude..

No, it wasn't returning home; the increase in altitude was due to throttle input.
2017-8-27
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-27 16:27

No, it wasn't returning home; the increase in altitude was due to throttle input.

i was trying to be hopeful and positive...   give the guy some hope.. ..but ya watever
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Solomon Posted at 2017-8-27 05:33
Dear Susan,

please check PM. I done already. Unfo, I did not find Amsterdam records there. But the flight last less than 1 minute with WEAK SIGNAL fault also. All the details of my account Login and Password were provided to Dealer several weeks ago.

Well received, thank you. The request has been transferred to the designated team for further assistance. Please ask your dealer to follow up the case status as it was registered under his email address.
2017-8-28
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-27 15:28
To be honest I have a hard time seeing how your Mavic would have wound up in the water given that the log doesn't show it going very close (much less over) the water, and once the disconnection occurred it should have initiated RTH. In some cases the wind might make it unable to return, but the historical weather information for Kiev on that day doesn't show any strong winds that would have been a problem, so I'm a not sure what to tell you. I did notice that there appear to be some power lines and transmission towers that look like they might have been a problem given your 30m RTH altitude, but I'm not able to make any guess about what happened that I have any real confidence in. Anyway, good luck with this and please let us know how it turns out.

DroneFlying
after disconnection I was waiting for RTH about 30 seconds. Drone was only 90 meters away. It was only 1 tree between us. So if drone felt there - I saw location of it on land. Anyway I spent about 6 hours to find out any detail. Without success... So don't have any reason don't believe to the words.

As far as i see possible reasons:
1. Signal was blocked by somebody, but Dealer told tt it is impossible or VERY expensive. Could U please advice if it is true?
2. Base on my 1 week experience - some troubles in connection between AC and RC.
As I told I had not many launches before in 3 locations and all the time I had VIDEO DISCONNECTED, MAGNETIC INTERFERENCES and WEAK SIGNAL faults. Drone was about 100 meters far (limited 400m). During 4 days I even brought it to Dealer, because on my previous drone have never experienced such issues.

Thanks alot for the time.

Thanks a lot for Your time.
2017-8-28
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-27 16:28
i was trying to be hopeful and positive...   give the guy some hope.. ..but ya watever

Thanks alot for support, Man!!! The main reason for me is that it was the present of my wife. We owned it for 4 days total, and during this period could not do a video even. Don't want to disappoint her. Thanks alot one more time. Before did not register on the Forum, but now see the support of community. It is appreciated. Thank You.

ps. It started to increase altitude, due to my commands on RC. After checking tt there no any faults I was almost happy to do some good pictures of the family and views.))
2017-8-28
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-28 00:29
Well received, thank you. The request has been transferred to the designated team for further assistance. Please ask your dealer to follow up the case status as it was registered under his email address.

Thank You, Susan.
Will proceed accordingly.
2017-8-28
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-27 16:28

Oh, I see. I thought you were trying to give him accurate information and didn't know how to read the log data . . . "but ya watever".
2017-8-28
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-28 03:26
Oh, I see. I thought you were trying to give him accurate information and didn't know how to read the log data . . . "but ya watever".

to be honest that is part of it...  im not entirely sure how to read the whole log in this form yet.  but ya i didn't see a RTH initiated... just i was just trying to give hope, my first dji spark was psycho and wouldn't log certain events even tho it was clear it was doing certain stuff.. so i figured maybe his mavic was similar to my spark, in a world of its own..
2017-8-28
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Solomon Posted at 2017-8-28 02:47
Thanks alot for support, Man!!! The main reason for me is that it was the present of my wife. We owned it for 4 days total, and during this period could not do a video even. Don't want to disappoint her. Thanks alot one more time. Before did not register on the Forum, but now see the support of community. It is appreciated. Thank You.

ps. It started to increase altitude, due to my commands on RC. After checking tt there no any faults I was almost happy to do some good pictures of the family and views.))

ya my first drone from dji, the spark was psycho and it did things its own way and when it wanted to, seems like how your mavic is behaving. maybe something wasn't fully connected inside the drone or loose.   but 50% of the time it fly its own way and dod what it wanted to and failed to log certain stuff it itself initiated...    i got another spark replacement and it was a lot better but ultimately died also.. now i have a mavic that works a treat.. im hoping you get a replacement mavic because when they work, they work amazingly..
2017-8-28
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-28 00:29

Dear Susan,

could You please update a status of my application. Cause Dealer is keeping silence.
And we already this friday launching TV show, where my wife is a host and we wanted to use Mavic.

Since my report to the Dealer about this fault already past 40 days.
Thanks in advance for Your response.
2017-9-10
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-28 11:41
ya my first drone from dji, the spark was psycho and it did things its own way and when it wanted to, seems like how your mavic is behaving. maybe something wasn't fully connected inside the drone or loose.   but 50% of the time it fly its own way and dod what it wanted to and failed to log certain stuff it itself initiated...    i got another spark replacement and it was a lot better but ultimately died also.. now i have a mavic that works a treat.. im hoping you get a replacement mavic because when they work, they work amazingly..

Thanks a lot for the support, Man. Hope to get the same reply from the DJI, but still awaiting.
Suppose there are not too much info to analyze, it is just disconnected and gone. W/o any interferences or actions from my side.
Mavic is amazing product and I want to enjoy it and use to TV purposes.
Anyway will wait for DJI answer.
2017-9-10
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Well, I had a similar issue. I flew near Amsterdam, I was on a boat (inboard diesel) and in active track on mine boat, My Mavic was at 15 mtr height and 10 metr. away.
Then mavic lost track and i tried to re-assign again, I notice I lost connection and my mavic started to climb to RTH altitude and went away.
I wasn't yet in controlled airspace of Amsterdam.
Questions are:
Would the Mavic lost connection and RTH when flying near a airfield (NOTAM) zone?
Can a diesel engine make a interference to make the mavic disconnect?
I was using latest firmware and DJI 4 go app. But I noticed that I was flying with a older (firmware) battery. Maybe is that the problem????

2017-9-11
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Well, I had a similar issue. I flew near Amsterdam, I was on a boat (inboard diesel) and in active track on mine boat, My Mavic was at 15 mtr height and 10 metr. away.
Then mavic lost track and i tried to re-assign again, I notice I lost connection and my mavic started to climb to RTH altitude and went away.
Questions are:
Would the Mavic lost connection and RTH when flying near a airfield (NOTAM) zone?
Can a diesel engine make a interference to make the mavic disconnect?
I was using latest firmware and DJI 4 go app. But I noticed that I was flying with a older (firmware) battery. Maybe is that the problem????
2017-9-11
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

sorry for the second message, disregard that
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jos A Posted at 2017-9-11 02:38

Sorry for this, did you find the drone back? Have you contacted the DJI support? I would recommend you synced the flight records on the APP, then provide your DJI account email and the date this occurred to the Support, they'll start a case for you. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Solomon Posted at 2017-9-10 23:52
Dear Susan,

could You please update a status of my application. Cause Dealer is keeping silence.

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I'm checking the exact status with the related colleagues whether more information is needed.  

As for the dealer, we will keep touching with them as we have not received any reply yet. Apologies for all inconvenience.

I will follow up the case status, hopefully it can be figured out soon.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Solomon Posted at 2017-9-10 23:52
Dear Susan,

I just got the latest news that the data analysis has been finished and our colleagues have informed the dealer the result. Please contact the dealer whether they have received the updated news. Please keep us posted if there is any further questions.
2017-9-12
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-12 03:01
I just got the latest news that the data analysis has been finished and our colleagues have informed the dealer the result. Please contact the dealer whether they have received the updated news. Please keep us posted if there is any further questions.

Dear Susan,
Thanks a lot for Your support. Get feedback immediately after You joined. Before have been waiting for 40 days w/o response.
---
We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for aircraft without charger and remote.
With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.
---
M'time, I fully disagree with provided proposal.
FACT - "AC disconnected from RC" w/o RTH
REASON - "MY MISTAKE or EQUIP FAULT"

IF MY - "Let my know: AC was calibrated/launched as per instructions, during flight no errors"
RESULT -  DISCONNECTION

USED - 4days
DISTANCE - max400M

During this period all the time errors:
"weak signal",
"magnetic interferences"
"video disconnection".

Even get in touch with Dealer to fix. So, could Your colleagues from analytic department clarify.
Cause now it seems like they tried to blame me in such issue. Thanks in advance.

2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Solomon Posted at 2017-9-13 03:13
Dear Susan,
Thanks a lot for Your support. Get feedback immediately after You joined. Before have been waiting for 40 days w/o response.
---

I understand your feeling. Per the case, the data analysis result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked in GPS mode, and responded to Pilot's command well;
2. At flight time 01'47'', H=99 m, D=92 m, the aircraft ascended after the pilot pushed throttle stick 100% upward, then the flight record ended;
3. The Home point:50.5902646, 30.4988238; the last point: 50.5909691 30.4995283.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.
If you have any further evidence, welcome to send to us for further analysis. I'd like to help you.
2017-9-15
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-15 01:37
I understand your feeling. Per the case, the data analysis result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked in GPS mode, and responded to Pilot's command well;

Dear Susan,

suppose that RC disconnection in several meters - is an abnormality already?
Or it is a common thing? If there is any fault if mine?

Thanks.
2017-9-17
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

Solomon Posted at 2017-9-17 22:13
Dear Susan,

Kind reminder
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Solomon Posted at 2017-9-17 22:13
Dear Susan,

Did you contact our support to report the issue? Actually, we do not suggest to fly the drone if there is any issue. From the flight records, the distance is 92 m, and it is not matched with description.
2017-9-21
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-21 22:43
Did you contact our support to report the issue? Actually, we do not suggest to fly the drone if there is any issue. From the flight records, the distance is 92 m, and it is not matched with description.

Dear Susan,
as informed You before. Dealer is in touch with support.

Could You please clarify what do You mean: "it is not matched with description"?

Thank in advance. Since I have been using my Mavic for 5 days - it was may be the first time, when I did not have any troubles with connection, w/o any errors. Signal was perfect, drone was calibrated/updated. Everything done as per instructions. It's not my first drone...
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Solomon Posted at 2017-9-27 00:00
Dear Susan,
as informed You before. Dealer is in touch with support.

Sir, according to your previous description, the RC disconnection in several meters, while the accident happened, the distance was 92m. Therefore, the disconnection should be occasional, and the drone itself works well.

Generally, if the dealer couldn't handle it, they will report in dealer system for further assistance. Now that the drone has been lost, we can not verify the assumption. Our colleagues have offered you the best discount according to DJI's policy, hope you could understand.
2017-9-28
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

Same thing just happened to me today (Christmas morning). Not the first time I flew it and certainly not the firs time I've had problems with the TERRIBLE 2.8/5 Star App. As I was landing the drone after a few minute flight (entire time was not more than 25ft vertically from the RC) It decided to RC disconnect, fly up 10ft, pause, then fly backwards (away from RTH location) about 25 ft which ended up being underneath tree cover. It then rocked up 60ft and into the trees, bouncing from tree limb to tree limb until it landed on the ground. All propellers I just purchased, broken. Gimbal arm, broken. Camera ribbon, broken. Vent behind the camera, broken. All because of a failure on the RC / AC and the absolutely unacceptably awful app DJI produces. My entire experience with the drone has been an unconvincing nightmare that I was just lucky to keep hobbling along. The app is constantly had issues however RC almost never lost connection. This time not only did it lose connection, but the drone decided to entirely go the wrong direction under the cover of trees and into them. I have already contact DJi via newegg for a RMA.
2017-12-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Robstunner Posted at 2017-12-25 10:13
Same thing just happened to me today (Christmas morning). Not the first time I flew it and certainly not the firs time I've had problems with the TERRIBLE 2.8/5 Star App. As I was landing the drone after a few minute flight (entire time was not more than 25ft vertically from the RC) It decided to RC disconnect, fly up 10ft, pause, then fly backwards (away from RTH location) about 25 ft which ended up being underneath tree cover. It then rocked up 60ft and into the trees, bouncing from tree limb to tree limb until it landed on the ground. All propellers I just purchased, broken. Gimbal arm, broken. Camera ribbon, broken. Vent behind the camera, broken. All because of a failure on the RC / AC and the absolutely unacceptably awful app DJI produces. My entire experience with the drone has been an unconvincing nightmare that I was just lucky to keep hobbling along. The app is constantly had issues however RC almost never lost connection. This time not only did it lose connection, but the drone decided to entirely go the wrong direction under the cover of trees and into them. I have already contact DJi via newegg for a RMA.

Upload the TXT file (flight log) from your mobile device to PhantomHelp using these instructions and provide a link to it here if you'd like someone outside DJI to look into what happened. Or better yet, access the DAT file from the flight using these instructions, upload it to DropBox, and provide a link. The DAT file contains much more information but is a little less inconvenient to produce.
2017-12-27
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-27 05:44
Upload the TXT file (flight log) from your mobile device to PhantomHelp using these instructions and provide a link to it here if you'd like someone outside DJI to look into what happened. Or better yet, access the DAT file from the flight using these instructions, upload it to DropBox, and provide a link. The DAT file contains much more information but is a little less inconvenient to produce.

DJI actually just send me an RMA and FedEx label for a return/refund so it's all good. I did look at the flight log and it stopped recording when everything went haywire. I know this because the recording ends when the drone was facing me, however when it went crazy, it was facing away from me.
2017-12-28
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Robstunner Posted at 2017-12-28 04:54
DJI actually just send me an RMA and FedEx label for a return/refund so it's all good. I did look at the flight log and it stopped recording when everything went haywire. I know this because the recording ends when the drone was facing me, however when it went crazy, it was facing away from me.

DJI actually just send me an RMA and FedEx label for a return/refund so it's all good.

That probably just means that they're going to evaluate the same log (DAT file) I suggested you retrieve before sending the Mavic back to them. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a free replacement.

I did look at the flight log and it stopped recording when everything went haywire. I know this because the recording ends when the drone was facing me

You're referring to the TXT file from your mobile device. The DAT file on the Mavic contains a lot more information and would have continued as long as the Mavic still had power. Of course it's your choice to send it back without retrieving the DAT file, but once you do you'll have no recourse but to accept DJI's decision on whether you were responsible for the crash.
2017-12-28
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
United States

Damn, that sucks. I didn't know any better and just sent it in. I never used the microSD that came with the mavic but I did send it back with the unit. Theres no question it decided to stop taking my input and doing it's own thing. It was literally 3-4ft above the ground as I was having it land, only for it to stop taking my input, going up, over and up. That second up was a bunch of trees. That over, was away from RTH and under tree cover.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans9553217f
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Spain

I wonder if the real problem is the content you have on your device.
Crap apps, poor memory management and just too much rubbish on the device is begging for trouble. Idealy, just keep a dedicated device for the drone. Always kill all running apps before starting the go4 app. Delete all drone recordings and other trash to maximise memory. I am certain this will cure your issues straight away.
2018-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules