Close Call for 1 Lucky Guy
1368 11 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

This was shot at New Smyrna Beach FL., shark bite capital of the US, notice the shadow aopproaching from the lower left, thats about a 6' White tip shark, lucky for sure.

2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

A lucky guy! Maybe the shark has been aware of the drone and then went back, haha!
2017-8-24
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, close one for those surfers.   
2017-8-24
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

is that a drone?! I'm outta here, those things are dangerous!
2017-8-25
Use props
CageyMoose
lvl.2
Canada

One lucky guy indeed! I wonder if he noticed it at all? If he did, he should definitely purchase a lottery ticket on the way home.
2017-8-25
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

wow ya.. lucky as it comes!   although sharks are unlikely to attack that close to the shore line from what i have heard.  infact kind of odd that there is a shark that close to the shore line of that size.    usually attacks if they occur occur further out, and sizable sharks tend to only come close to the shore if they are lost/injured/desperate for food..  so makes you wonder why that shark took a stroll so close.. hopefully he was just confused/lost but all the splashing and noises
2017-8-25
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-25 13:01
wow ya.. lucky as it comes!   although sharks are unlikely to attack that close to the shore line from what i have heard.  infact kind of odd that there is a shark that close to the shore line of that size.    usually attacks if they occur occur further out, and sizable sharks tend to only come close to the shore if they are lost/injured/desperate for food..  so makes you wonder why that shark took a stroll so close.. hopefully he was just confused/lost but all the splashing and noises

The area where most surfers go is a bottleneck  of the shore line & rock jetty that runs 90° to the shore out to about 400', it is a natural eddy that herds bait fish into it, it also serves to create larger waves as they funnel into the jetty.
Many surfers get bit here every year, mostly minor to some serious 100 stitch size. Can't recall a fatality since I have lived here ( 34 years )
2017-8-25
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-25 16:56
The area where most surfers go is a bottleneck  of the shore line & rock jetty that runs 90° to the shore out to about 400', it is a natural eddy that herds bait fish into it, it also serves to create larger waves as they funnel into the jetty.
Many surfers get bit here every year, mostly minor to some serious 100 stitch size. Can't recall a fatality since I have lived here ( 34 years )

wow.. thats crazy, i wouldn't go there then.. sounds like a trap.
2017-8-25
Use props
Charli27
lvl.1
Australia

Wow one lucky surfer that day
2017-8-25
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>