8840 56 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

ubaldoponzio Posted at 2017-8-28 01:18
I have only one question:
where it is written that the Osmo+ can only record for 30 consecutive minutes.
Where can I find this information on the site or manuals?

Specs usually provide what specifications are available on the Osmo Mobile. Always check the product page.
2017-9-19
Use props
ubaldoponzio
lvl.1

Italy

REMOVU K1
up-to 4 hours of continuous filming????
https://www.indiegogo.com/projec ... ilizing-4k-camera#/
2017-9-21
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

This seems to be a great competitor for Osmo. It has in-built screen and can be operated without ANY attachments to slow down running and gunning.
2017-9-21
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too ran into this problem.  I was shooting an implosion for work and forgot a battery for a camera needed to use the OSMO in its place.  So i set it about 35 mins before the implosion and go to the safe distance.  I was unaware of the 30 min limitation because I did not read the manual cover to cover.  I like how they state its for "Video quality" not "So we can make money in Europe".  I ended up missing the critical 30 secs of the structure coming down.  After that day I read somewhere that Europe or somewhere outside the US has a time limit of 30 mins on video and the OSMO is built in a way they can sell all over the world.  While I don't think we should be limited to 30 mins, I understand that this camera is made for short clips while moving (hence the stabilization) not setting up on a tripod for multiple hours.  When I record longer videos I use my Canon camcorders.  Like someone else said right equipment for the job.     
2017-9-22
Use props
PDCA
New

Russia

Hello, DJI

That's really terrible - i sell my GoPro Hero 5 and bought OSMO+ because of much better steady-cam. BTW Hero 5 has no limitations - I could record about 9 hours of video non-stop.
Why don't you make the availability to set the option, that allows not to stop the recording after 30minutes on own risk?

2017-9-30
Use props
Pixelinfected
lvl.1

Italy

Smaxta Posted at 2017-9-17 03:07
Cheers, Pixelinfected. Info in manual, you posted, relays to just Osmo. In the manual for Osmo+ (what is actually on discussion), the are no information on such limitation. And those are different cameras.

ooopss sorry, i read wrong. my mistake.
2017-10-1
Use props
Wastus
lvl.1
Germany

Well this is sort of a show stopper. And the excuses for any technical reason are just a fluke to give uninformed people a reason not to go over the top. It's a simple tax reason - a camera was sold with the capability to record more than 30 minutes at a time. That makes it a camcorder which in some countries costs more taxes than a still camera.
Because units where already sold, DJI probably faced the issue of either paying taxes and probably a fine for declaring their product wrong, or fixing the "issue" by limiting the recording time.

A solution to this situation would be to offer an unlock mechanism which costs money, so DJI can pay the taxes, but enables the recording of long videos again. But this is probably not going to happen.
2017-11-17
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wastus Posted at 2017-11-17 15:16
Well this is sort of a show stopper. And the excuses for any technical reason are just a fluke to give uninformed people a reason not to go over the top. It's a simple tax reason - a camera was sold with the capability to record more than 30 minutes at a time. That makes it a camcorder which in some countries costs more taxes than a still camera.
Because units where already sold, DJI probably faced the issue of either paying taxes and probably a fine for declaring their product wrong, or fixing the "issue" by limiting the recording time.

The original firmware allowed you to run without the 30min time limit (although the 9-minute file-swap and subsequent video/loss still occurred). This was "rectified" in a later firmware update.
2017-11-18
Use props
EdSvcs
New
United States

Count me as another vote for DJI to own up to the mistake and give us a way to unlock continuous recording as long as power and recording space allow. I can say with certainty that the 30 minute limit was not published anywhere when I bought my Osmo+ and this limitation has been a constant frustration. The camera is too expensive for this limit. Same goes for not supporting it in DJI GO4 ... having to keep the old version on my phone just for the Osmo is no way to build customer loyalty.
2017-11-25
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

LenMiddx hit the nail on the head, the change to a 30min limit was for tax reasons, much like the lack of support for exFat (which requires licensing from Microsoft).
2017-12-9
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Pixelinfected Posted at 2017-9-11 05:18
ubaldoponzio this info is written at page 17 in the middle of page, under video mode, you can find pdf  manual of osmo, that you can download from website like i did, be cause i not have osmo...
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/osmo/20170310/Osmo+User+Manual+v1.4.pdf

Well, I bought Osmo+ few days ago. This 30min limit was seriously disappointing for me since nearly all my videos I take are about 40-60min long.

In my manual there are no mention at all that camera cant record more than 30minutes. Even my Xperia X Performance can record 1 hour video 1080 60fps without any problems.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.0.pdf

This is my Osmo+ manual and I did not find any information about recording limit. Or someone tell me where it is what page?

I feel like cheated. The device is not cheap at all but my Sony Xperia is a lot cheaper and can record unlimited time.

Temperature is not problem here in Finland with reindeers and Santa Claus.

Spent hundreds of euros and I have to go back to my DJI Osmo Mobile with my Xperia X Performance..

That limitation should be the first sentence in the manual.

Fix this...
2017-12-10
Use props
MidiaShow Brazi
lvl.1

Brazil

HI, I´M FROM BRAZIL, AND NOW I BUY A NEW CELLULAR PHONE SAMSUNG NOTE 8 , AND I USE PERFECT WITH DJI GO AND MY OSMO PLUS, BUT BEFORE AUTOMATIC SOFTWARE UPGRADE, I CAN NOT SEE THE IMAGE INSIDE THE APPLICATION, I UNINSTALL AND INSTALL 3 TIMES, TRY TO READ THE QRCODE[url=http://m.dji.net/djipilot]LINK QR CODE[/url] DIRECT IN DJI SITE BUT JUST RECEIVE A ERROR MESSAGE,  SEE THE SCREEN GRABS...
Screenshot_20171209-031557.jpg
2017-12-10
Use props
Wastus
lvl.1
Germany

Could you please not hijack this thread with a completely different problem?
2017-12-15
Use props
Charles Path
New

Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-29 00:32
Appreciate your suggestion, I will transfer it to our engineers for consideration.

Would be nice to have this idea implemented! Either that or the option to turn this damn cap off!
2018-1-17
Use props
dumbquestion
lvl.1

Thank you ubaldoponzio.  Without your post I would not have returned my OSMO+ (claimed without knowledge of limitations it was a misrepresented product- they honored my return) and purchased this great camera.  On a 30 ft. pole connected to... ANY PHONE, I can see and control my Remuvo K1 with ease, & film the entire soccer match without frame loss or need to hit record again, or battery issues.  I picked up mine @ Best Buy, open box, for $321.  Zoom is only optical, but works great!
2018-8-27
Use props
djiuser_FIXmANk3pYoV
New

United States

So I've been trying to figure this continuously recording stops every 22 min I bought a 4k camcorder does the same thing aparently something to do with a law passed in the late 90s of you can believe that just when they started to make camcorders with hard drives they used to burn onto a CD or tape and some did both and those ram as long as the tape or CD it aparently when the hard drives came about they passed a law no more then 30 min continuous recording
3-31 21:52
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_FIXmANk3pYoV Posted at 3-31 21:52
So I've been trying to figure this continuously recording stops every 22 min I bought a 4k camcorder does the same thing aparently something to do with a law passed in the late 90s of you can believe that just when they started to make camcorders with hard drives they used to burn onto a CD or tape and some did both and those ram as long as the tape or CD it aparently when the hard drives came about they passed a law no more then 30 min continuous recording

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific DJI product you are using? Please keep us posted so we can provide you an accurate resolution. Thank you.
3-31 23:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules