Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just a few spots of Manitoba
767 12 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

My first serious video using LUTs and music. I cut the video to the video length. Hope you all enjoy. I'm wanting to capture as much of Manitoba as I can during my days off.

2017-8-24
Use props
rwcreigh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 111818 ft

United States

nice video, Looks like a nice place to visit
2017-8-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

So many trees!  A little reminiscent of Sweden.  At 30 to 40 seconds in, I notice a reflection into the lens in the bottom left corner. I've posted a thread about this problem, which I've noticed in some of my videos. Reflections off the landing legs in bright sunshine.  Thread is entitled REFLECTIONS.   Thanks for the share of your footage, nice work.
2017-8-24
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

rwcreigh@comcas Posted at 2017-8-24 13:07
nice video, Looks like a nice place to visit

Thank you. It is, Manitoba is a massive province in Canada. Very flat but so many places to see.
2017-8-25
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-8-24 13:51
So many trees!  A little reminiscent of Sweden.  At 30 to 40 seconds in, I notice a reflection into the lens in the bottom left corner. I've posted a thread about this problem, which I've noticed in some of my videos. Reflections off the landing legs in bright sunshine.  Thread is entitled REFLECTIONS.   Thanks for the share of your footage, nice work.

I just noticed that now lol, could be something on the ND filter?
2017-8-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Wpgubaru Posted at 2017-8-25 04:13
I just noticed that now lol, could be something on the ND filter?

No I don't yet use any filters - and I notice that if changing direction, the position of the reflection moves accordingly. I believe it's the sun reflecting off the shiny white landing legs of the drone. In the thread, various potential methods of eliminating the problem have been discussed
2017-8-25
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-8-25 04:45
No I don't yet use any filters - and I notice that if changing direction, the position of the reflection moves accordingly. I believe it's the sun reflecting off the shiny white landing legs of the drone. In the thread, various potential methods of eliminating the problem have been discussed

Oh! Hmmm, I could airbrush matt black or even matt clear on the legs, but yah, good to know, thank you
2017-8-25
Use props
jwt-873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Fellow Manitoban here..    Nice shots.

The bright spot on the bottom left seen at near the 37 second mark is caused by the sun reflecting off the ground.   It would normally surround the shadow of the drone, but in in this case, the drone is quite high so the shadow is too small to see, but the halo around the shadow is visible.    The optical effect is called a 'glory', or  'glory halo'.  

It's a natural phenomena.  They are more noticeable when the ground is wet or covered in dew. - http://earthsky.org/earth/what-is-an-airplane-glory
2017-8-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

jwt-873 Posted at 2017-8-25 07:42

The bright spot on the bottom left seen at near the 37 second mark is caused by the sun reflecting off the ground.   It would normally surround the shadow of the drone, but in in this case, the drone is quite high so the shadow is too small to see, but the halo around the shadow is visible.    The optical effect is called a 'glory', or  'glory halo'.  

That's something I didn't know that I didn't know.
2017-8-25
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

jwt-873 Posted at 2017-8-25 07:42

That would make sense because I did have a lens halo when i was taking sunset shots without a filter and it was more pronounced. And Hello to you too!
2017-8-25
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

Thank you all so far who like the video, I am proud of it though it's basic transitions and using LUTs lol.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

That is so beautiful, nice video, thank you for sharing!
2017-8-27
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-27 23:59
That is so beautiful, nice video, thank you for sharing!

Thank you.
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules