Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do you transfer your photos from the drone ?
12Next >
115506 42 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robhulford
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Another newbie question. Is there a preferred method for transfering your footage from the drone to device ? Do you remove your micro SD cards, or connect the cable from the
drone to your USB-in on your device or is there a Wifi transferal option i've overlooked in the set up ?   Would be useful to know what's most popular/practical.

Thanks
2017-8-24
Use props
dojoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

Best way is to take out mSD card then transfer it to computer. I don't like direct usb connect since you need to turn on aircraft.
2017-8-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

On the other hand, all this fiddling with micro sd cards is also a bit of a hussle.
2017-8-24
Use props
PascalG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

Much easier and quicker to take out the card and plug it in a laptop or card to lighting reader for ipad
2017-8-24
Use props
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

As others have said, I remove the SD card from the Spark and pop it into my computer.
2017-8-24
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

I use a card reader as well. The only disadvantage is that you still have to connect to the aircraft for panoramas and shallow focus.
2017-8-24
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-8-24 14:26
I use a card reader as well. The only disadvantage is that you still have to connect to the aircraft for panoramas and shallow focus.

i use Microsoft ice for panos its easy and you do it on computer its free
2017-8-24
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

TMUSVI Posted at 2017-8-24 16:09
i use Microsoft ice for panos its easy and you do it on computer its free

Ditto on Microsoft Ice.  And I too pull the card and use a card reader.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

What kind of device are you referring to, computer or mobile device? I always connect a USB cable from the drone to the computer. I also download the original images and videos from the drone to my phone via APP, I think this is very convenient.
2017-8-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Thev usb connection is so slow.
I use SD Card in Cardreader @ Computer
2017-8-25
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I use an adapter to import videos and a great number of photos to my iPad/iPhone. When I just need a few photos or short quickshot video I copy them via wifi at the end of the flight.
2017-8-25
Use props
Robhulford
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ah... how do you set up say an iPhone to facilitate the transfer from the mavik using Wifi ?
2017-8-25
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Robhulford Posted at 2017-8-25 03:35
Ah... how do you set up say an iPhone to facilitate the transfer from the mavik using Wifi ?

In the cameraview press the small Play button. Select your files and press the downarrow to download in full res.
OR
In the Dji Go App 4 connected to the drone go to:
Editor
Press the downarrow in the top left Corner
Click On-board SD
Select files and download.
2017-8-25
Use props
vasi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16099 ft

Do not create panos, HDR etc in the app. It is good to check how was the shot, but it reduces the resolution a lot! As others said, transfer the pics and create the pano/HDR on PC with a 3rd party sw.
2017-8-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Robhulford Posted at 2017-8-25 03:35

Mavic? Wrong forum, maybe?
2017-8-25
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-8-25 04:16
Mavic? Wrong forum, maybe?

It's the same for Mavic and Spark.
2017-8-25
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-25 03:02
What kind of device are you referring to, computer or mobile device? I always connect a USB cable from the drone to the computer. I also download the original images and videos from the drone to my phone via APP, I think this is very convenient.

DJI Diana...  do you own one or more drones, and fly?  If so, that's awesome!  A lot of moderators on a lot of forums don't actually have familiarity with the products, and just stick with scripts.  It would be comforting to know that DJI Moderators are themselves drone users.
2017-8-25
Use props
HomePoint
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-25 04:36
DJI Diana...  do you own one or more drones, and fly?  If so, that's awesome!  A lot of moderators on a lot of forums don't actually have familiarity with the products, and just stick with scripts.  It would be comforting to know that DJI Moderators are themselves drone users.

DJI Diana is Wonder Woman, I see that from her picture.  
Wonder Woman probably flies with the drones  
2017-8-25
Use props
vasi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16099 ft

Switzerland

Sorry for the offtopic, but I do not know where to ask and also do not want to create a new thread..
So, how do you set to show your DJI devices under the "flight distance" here in the forum?
I checked every settings in the forum and DJI GO and could not find such option. Thanks
2017-8-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

no idea, it was there, after I opened the account.
I think its linked to the app by the email, perhaps?
2017-8-25
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

You shouldn't have to do that. The pano photos are in a separate folder from the regular photos on the card called pano or something similar (do not remember but it was obvious).
2017-8-25
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

My way... Take out the microSD card and then transfer it to a computer... Is the best way...
2017-8-25
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-8-25 14:19
You shouldn't have to do that. The pano photos are in a separate folder from the regular photos on the card called pano or something similar (do not remember but it was obvious).

Yes it does, but it does not automatically generate a stitched photo of all of them together. You need to connect to the Spark for that.

Granted, it's better to do the stitching of the photo on your computer so you can get the full resolution of the pano but that requires additional software.
2017-8-25
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-8-25 15:47
Yes it does, but it does not automatically generate a stitched photo of all of them together. You need to connect to the Spark for that.

Granted, it's better to do the stitching of the photo on your computer so you can get the full resolution of the pano but that requires additional software.

I did not know that, always import everything to Lightroom and do all the stitching there.
2017-8-25
Use props
Robhulford
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-8-25 03:40
In the cameraview press the small Play button. Select your files and press the downarrow to download in full res.
OR
In the Dji Go App 4 connected to the drone go to:

Thanks for this. I presume you have to keep your Drone switched on and connect to the controller to enable the Wifi transfer ?
2017-8-26
Use props
Robhulford
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-25 03:02

Mavic Pro, Diana.
2017-8-26
Use props
Didiko
First Officer
Flight distance : 18399 ft
Belgium

vasi Posted at 2017-8-25 05:17
Sorry for the offtopic, but I do not know where to ask and also do not want to create a new thread..
So, how do you set to show your DJI devices under the "flight distance" here in the forum?
I checked every settings in the forum and DJI GO and could not find such option. Thanks

Hello,

this is done by syncing your account in the DJI GO4 App while connected to the internet.

Then you have a small "cloud" symbol to synchronise your data with DJI.

Hope this helps.
2017-8-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-8-25 15:47

Get yourself
DJI Media Maker
2017-8-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-8-25 14:19

You shouldn't probably do that (stitching them together with go 4 app) at all.
At least on Android, the folders, 2 for each pano, one with the 9 or 21 pics, one with the stitched pano, are spoiling the gallery!
I know, its a android problem, most galleries can't deal with folders/subfolders.
They find a picture in a folder, they show it.
I know also, quick pic can deal with it, but:

How about DJI is finding/creating  a folder structure, ONE main folder for DJI products, and in the subfolder ONLY ONE folder for all the stitched/downloaded Pictures.
All other folders, with the 9/21 pano-needed captured pics, in folders with a .nomedia-file include
And/Or maybe a own gallery, only/on top, in the DJI app, for ONLY DJI pictures
With moving option to user set folders?
After some batteries of flighing, stitching some pictures and downloading em to the phone:
panorama.jpg

That is really not needed, I think!
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-25 04:36

I do have drones, Mavic and Spark. Besides, we have lots of DJI drones in our office, like Phantom series, Inspire series, etc. We often fly them.
2017-8-28
Use props
Atlanta Falcon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72877 ft

United States

The struggle to move raw video data from a card reader, straight into an iPad Pro, is like pulling teeth. These things should play nicer together. They’re “Field Devices”.

Why do we need to bring Macs/PC’s into this? It’s just raw data. Send it!
2018-3-3
Use props
Hallmark001
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Italy

Yes agree. We need to be able to send raw files out from the drone much easier than today. Why can we just rip them via wi-fi to iPad for example. No need for any other app. Today its frustration maxed out. We shouldnt need a pc / Mac to do a backup on whats on the sd card.
2018-8-3
Use props
Hallmark001
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Italy

Try moving 3000 raw image  files from a SD card to IPad using DG app. It just isnt possible. The app cant handle large amount of image file. If your into aerial mapping the. Your Screwed big time.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hallmark001 Posted at 2018-8-3 11:21
Yes agree. We need to be able to send raw files out from the drone much easier than today. Why can we just rip them via wi-fi to iPad for example. No need for any other app. Today its frustration maxed out. We shouldnt need a pc / Mac to do a backup on whats on the sd card.

Hi. We understand your frustration. Rest assured that we will address this idea to our R&D department for further update. Thank you.
2018-8-3
Use props
Rotor Blades
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165289 ft

United States

Remove SD card load into your computer
2020-7-24
Use props
Jim Lewis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3166 ft
United States

With a Mavic 2 Pro, one can use a USB-C to USB-C cable between drone and computer and the transfer is VERY fast.  For me, the question is which port might I wear out first by plugging/unplugging card or cable continually from drone??? (I guess if one goes, I still have the other).  By using the USB-C connection, I don't have to fiddle with a teeny-tiny microSD card and the microSD card inherently seems a lot more flimsy than my rugged USB-C cable (one end of which I always leave plugged into my computer).  I do have to remove the gimbal cover, unfold the drone, put a battery in if I've removed it for charging, etc.  But I hate tiny microSD cards!  (And I have to at least unfold the drone with props still on to get at the microSD card, too).
2020-8-4
Use props
djiuser_0f6gPSQQaStU
New

United States

When I Insert the SD card The computer wants to format! When I plug it in directly through the drone via USBIt does not read it! What next?
2020-11-18
Use props
n3
lvl.1

Kuwait

You can record the screen. But the problem is that it will show other things in the screen
2020-12-9
Use props
n3
lvl.1

Kuwait

Micro SD card will be usefull
2020-12-9
Use props
Helios56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235417 ft
United States

dojoman Posted at 2017-8-24 13:19
Best way is to take out mSD card then transfer it to computer. I don't like direct usb connect since you need to turn on aircraft.

Plus with the MacBook Air there aren't any ports to accept either the micro nor the adapter card.
2021-11-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules