Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystalsky Shutting Down
4112 18 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mandomatic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7822553 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having a problem with the CrystralSky monitor shutting down everytime I use it. The DJI Go app seems to freeze and the whole tablet shuts down. After which it will not start up again.
I've tried switching batteries and unhooking it from the controler and still no response. Seems to come back to life for whatever reason when it wants to.
On the latest firmware and hooked to an Inspire 2.
2017-8-24
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Update: The monitor now seems dead. Will not power on anymore.
2017-8-24
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Try hold power button more like 60 secs.
2017-8-25
Use props
RMacDonald
lvl.3
Flight distance : 990781 ft
  • >>>
United States

mandomatic Posted at 2017-8-24 15:44
Update: The monitor now seems dead. Will not power on anymore.

Same issue.  Held the power button in for about 20-30 secs and it had a small vibration and powered back up
2017-8-25
Use props
RMacDonald
lvl.3
Flight distance : 990781 ft
  • >>>
United States

Following.  Just had the same issue.  Won't power back on....
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the experience with our product. Does the battery LED flash when you press the power button once?
2017-8-25
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

I've a 7"8 for two weeks. updated with the last FW.
I have still many problems with it.  
Some not very important (i.e. the compass is crazy and does not work - yes, I have calibrated the CS compass in the CS setup).
Some more annoying : the CS crashes completely after about 1mn of flight. Not all the time, but when it occurs the only thing to do is to reboot the device... Last time today, with the Inspire pro. Not convenient, when the 4k€ beast is in the air...
2017-8-26
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-25 23:57
Sorry for the experience with our product. Does the battery LED flash when you press the power button once?

Yes, the batteries show they have power.

I opened a ticket and they immediately told me to send it in to them.
2017-8-27
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

castormalin Posted at 2017-8-26 10:07
I've a 7"8 for two weeks. updated with the last FW.
I have still many problems with it.  
Some not very important (i.e. the compass is crazy and does not work - yes, I have calibrated the CS compass in the CS setup).

I know how you feel. It was quitting on me too while in mid-flight. Eventually it stopped powering back up.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mandomatic Posted at 2017-8-27 09:17
Yes, the batteries show they have power.

I opened a ticket and they immediately told me to send it in to them.

There is another way: keep pressing the power button for 10 seconds, then release, and keep pressing for 2 seconds, the crystalSky will turn on.
Please keep me updated if it works, thanks.
2017-8-28
Use props
mandomatic
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-28 02:14
There is another way: keep pressing the power button for 10 seconds, then release, and keep pressing for 2 seconds, the crystalSky will turn on.

Turns out it was a software issue. Once the software was updated it hasn't shut down.
2017-11-5
Use props
shovel95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279944 ft
Costa Rica

I JUST RECEIVED MINE. THE 7.85 ULTRA. I charged batteries as instructed. Went out on first flight with it . Pretty much problem free except that the video seemed to be "dragging", kind of like a video on Youtube thats not keeping up with the buffer. And this at a fairly close distance, I'd say within the first 1000 feet or so, at about 200 feet altitude. Also at unpacking and setup, I updated the firmware on the Crystal, and while i was at it I tried to update everything else... the Mavic, controller, and  DJI Go 4 software. But they were all up to date. Ok, so the first flight went OK except for a few video jitters and a couple of "losing connection" warnings which prompted me to decide to RTH manually. I changed battery on my aircraft. Went through my routine for takeoff and did just that, and with about 30 seconds or so Im flying blind. Monitor shut down and wont start up. Luckily the craft came home upon instructing it to do so via the controller. I've tried everythjing I can and nothing. Wont start back up.  Also forgot to mention, I DID in fact calibrate compass on craft and crytsal prior to its fist flight
2018-4-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Why does this sound familar?????
2018-4-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

mandomatic Posted at 2017-11-5 16:22
Turns out it was a software issue. Once the software was updated it hasn't shut down.

That's interesting.  
Mine had similar issue, but DJI looked at crashes, TombStones, and said send it in.
Now I am wondering if mine had hardware problem or firmware problem brought on by a DJI update.
2018-4-4
Use props
WestTexasKen
lvl.1
United States

Flying today with the Mavic 2 Zoom, CrystalSky 7.85 ultra brightness. All updates installed. Two flights went without a hitch. The third, halfway into the flight, the CS screen goes completely black, and starts making a soft clunk-popping noise (I have no idea how to describe this noise) every so often. The battery on the CS has a full charge.

The only thing that saved the flight is the Mavic returns to home on its own as the battery runs low. I'm flying blind. The CS will not restart, even after following all the suggestions here (holding in start button for __, then pressing for ___ seconds again, etc.)

Using the flashlight trick mentioned in another thread, after the 'hold down for ten seconds, then hold for two', then a small vibration is felt and I can faintly see the startup screen for a couple of seconds  — then it looks like the "shutting down" dialog blinks, then it goes dead.

Where do I go from here?
2018-9-30
Use props
WestTexasKen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-28 02:14
There is another way: keep pressing the power button for 10 seconds, then release, and keep pressing for 2 seconds, the crystalSky will turn on.

It did not. Another solution, please?
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WestTexasKen Posted at 2018-9-30 14:07
It did not. Another solution, please?

Hi WestTexasKen, sorry for my late response because of the Chinese National Day, just verify, is the screen completely black or just no backlight?
2018-10-8
Use props
fansf939d4f2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266217 ft
United Kingdom

WestTexasKen Posted at 2018-9-30 13:47
Flying today with the Mavic 2 Zoom, CrystalSky 7.85 ultra brightness. All updates installed. Two flights went without a hitch. The third, halfway into the flight, the CS screen goes completely black, and starts making a soft clunk-popping noise (I have no idea how to describe this noise) every so often. The battery on the CS has a full charge.

The only thing that saved the flight is the Mavic returns to home on its own as the battery runs low. I'm flying blind. The CS will not restart, even after following all the suggestions here (holding in start button for __, then pressing for ___ seconds again, etc.)

Hi,

My CrystalSky 7.85 ultra brightness had same problem and all I did is hold in my power button for about minute and then pushed the rear battery button in and CrystalSky rebooted up.
2018-10-24
Use props
fans853bf8f9
lvl.1

Estonia

Same issue with my new CS. It will not start up. Drone vidseo is my work and thanks for this investment i already had lot of problems. Sometimes it works fine and next time its blind as hell. I had tried all tricks, update, factory reset etc. Very bad investment(((
2019-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules