stress cracks
2213 16 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa35383d9
lvl.2
Mexico

My phantom 4 pro started to have large stress cracks, Since its only 8 months old, I sent it in for repair under warranty, I got an email saying

Dear Customer,

You repair service of Phantom 4 Pro has been quoted by our repair team. Please refer to the invoice below and complete your payment via paypal.

Invoice

Customer:
Case No:
DJI Care Balance:
Quote Date:
08-24-17
Remarks:
No cause of damage available in flight data. Obvious damage that impairs normal function to unit, cause unknown source. Cause of root issue is damage due to force impact. [Non warranty Repair]

Item
Quantity
Unit Price(USD)
Total Price(USD)
Phantom 4 2312S Motor
Middle Frame
Left Landing Gear Module
Right Landing Gear Module
Upper Cover (Logo) V03
Pitch-axis Motor
Repair Service Fee
65.00/H
Freight:
Total Amount:
DJI Care deduction:
Total Payment:

Payment by Paypal:    Payment Links

Please make sure the Case No. is included in your Payment Information when completing your transaction.

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
DJI Support

They can pull all the data they want, and it will not show any crashes, because there has not been none...
Drone has never been dropped or anything like that.
The photos I sent them clearly shows stress cracks, I don't know what this people are talking about...
Any suggestion how to deal with this, Or should I just lawyer up?

stress crack

stress crack
2017-8-24
Use props
fansa35383d9
lvl.2
Mexico

BTW, there is only one other cracked on my other wing, It has not visible damage other than that..
2017-8-24
Use props
fansa35383d9
lvl.2
Mexico

The other wing has smaller crack, Other than that the drone its brand new looking..
IMG_9860.JPG
IMG_9860.JPG
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the trouble caused, the case has been escalated to local repair team to double evaluate, we will have someone to contact you after review as soon as possible, please wait patiently, thank you.
2017-8-24
Use props
fansa35383d9
lvl.2
Mexico

I went ahead and paid the money since no one there could help me, everybody says its pilot error yet no data to support that...
I am very disappointing with DJI, I own a inspire one, Phantom 3 advanced and this piece of crap Phantom  4 pro..
They can bet I will not be expending a penny on another DJI product...
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa35383d9 Posted at 2017-8-25 13:34
I went ahead and paid the money since no one there could help me, everybody says its pilot error yet no data to support that...
I am very disappointing with DJI, I own a inspire one, Phantom 3 advanced and this piece of crap Phantom  4 pro..
They can bet I will not be expending a penny on another DJI product...

Support  supervisor has contacted local team to re-evaluate the drone and it will remain a non warranty. Sorry for the trouble that has been caused.
2017-8-26
Use props
alexPhant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 475384 ft
Germany

i have small stress crack as well. is it really a big threat in normal flight. because then i would exchange it...
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

alexPhant Posted at 2017-9-6 03:55
i have small stress crack as well. is it really a big threat in normal flight. because then i would exchange it...

If the drone is still in warranty period and the cracks occurs in normal flight, we will replace it in warranty. Please send it in for evaluation.
2017-9-6
Use props
alexPhant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 475384 ft
Germany

well i dont want another drone. i just want the lower shell part to be replaced. my drone is still in warranty period by the way.  maybe i can go to a nearby dji store and let you guys fix it for me there?
2017-9-10
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

The store cannot do warranty repairs.  They can fix it but you would have to pay for the service.  If you want us to do that please got to dji.com/support and open a reqair request.
2017-9-10
Use props
Rhino9872
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5912037 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately I'm another victim of the stress cracks problem on my P4.  It has never been crashed.  I don't want to send it in and have to pay for them to tell me they aren't going to honor the warranty.  Is there anything wrong with me just putting some Loctite super glue plastics bond on the cracks?  
2017-12-14
Use props
fansa35383d9
lvl.2
Mexico

Rhino9872 Posted at 2017-12-14 07:47
Unfortunately I'm another victim of the stress cracks problem on my P4.  It has never been crashed.  I don't want to send it in and have to pay for them to tell me they aren't going to honor the warranty.  Is there anything wrong with me just putting some Loctite super glue plastics bond on the cracks?

I would just put some kind of plastic repair glue.. Don't send it to DJI , They are trash company and they will charge you and tell you it was your fault
2018-1-27
Use props
fansa35383d9
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-6 04:38
If the drone is still in warranty period and the cracks occurs in normal flight, we will replace it in warranty. Please send it in for evaluation.

Bull crap, mine was under warranty, never had a crashed and still DJI blame me..
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansa35383d9 Posted at 2018-1-27 14:16
I would just put some kind of plastic repair glue.. Don't send it to DJI , They are trash company and they will charge you and tell you it was your fault

Sir, please provide me your case number so I can check more details for you. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-27
Use props
fansa35383d9
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-27 18:43
Sir, please provide me your case number so I can check more details for you. Thanks for your support.

If you scroll to the top you will see what DJI had to say, nevertheless here is my case number
CAS-888887-P3P1B3
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa35383d9 Posted at 2018-1-28 17:52
If you scroll to the top you will see what DJI had to say, nevertheless here is my case number
CAS-888887-P3P1B3

Thanks for the case number, the case has been escalated in August and according to damage assessment, the drone had an impact damage and it was not just stress crack but also gimbal motor, middle frame, landing cover and motor damage. And you have already paid the quotation and case closed, appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-28
Use props
EL Mero Mero
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-28 20:30
Thanks for the case number, the case has been escalated in August and according to damage assessment, the drone had an impact damage and it was not just stress crack but also gimbal motor, middle frame, landing cover and motor damage. And you have already paid the quotation and case closed, appreciate your understanding.

Bull crap  Drone had none of that, other than a stress cracked, I have pictures to prove it. Thats just the way DJI does business, They could not find any crashes on the data files, Easy money for them, But companies like that, they have there day coming..
I will continue to post everywhere, what they did to me..
2018-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules