Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activating Spark
8982 38 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, My Spark has arrived. I'm following the tutorial videos and I've charged the battery. When I try and scan the bar code, it focuses on the code but nothing happens. Should I press something to make it scan? Can any one help please?
I have also tried this method.

When I try and connect to my Sparks WiFi, my Spark doesn't come up. Another one does and I got a message about my Spark is set to another country try again later! I seem to be connected but not to my Spark.

Any ideas how I can sort this, please?

2017-8-25
Use props
Lian82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Did you connect Spark and RC? Or spark and phone?
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just tried to scan again and got message. Scan failed. Please connect to spark to activate it. Didn't say how though.
2017-8-25
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 00:53
Just tried to scan again and got message. Scan failed. Please connect to spark to activate it. Didn't say how though.

I'd just connect to the sparks wifi network manually, typing the key out. Is this with an iPhone?
2017-8-25
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just connect manually via the Code printed on the Label.
2017-8-25
Use props
vasi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16099 ft

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 00:53

The QR code sucks, it does not work.
Just go to DJI app, push power button for 9 secs until you hear 3 beeps.
Then click "enter device" in app, choose the spark and enter the password located beside the QR code on the box.
Note that you always have to do this procedure if you use only your phone. Only in EU and only with Android though. See this thread for more details.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-100550-1-1.html
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-25 01:07
I'd just connect to the sparks wifi network manually, typing the key out. Is this with an iPhone?

Yes, I have an iPhone. I connected using the RC code but says there's no WiFi connection. It wants to download software but not sure if I should do that over mobile network.
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-8-25 01:04
Just connect manually via the Code printed on the Label.

Thanks. I've connected now via RC. No internet connection though
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

vasi Posted at 2017-8-25 01:10
The QR code sucks, it does not work.
Just go to DJI app, push power button for 9 secs until you hear 3 beeps.
Then click "enter device" in app, choose the spark and enter the password located beside the QR code on the box.

Thanks, think I've connected via RC but says no internet connection
2017-8-25
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 01:14
Thanks. I've connected now via RC. No internet connection though

You have to change to your normal wifi again to get internet access.
2017-8-25
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 01:15
Thanks, think I've connected via RC but says no internet connection

Turn the rc off, connect directly to the sparks wifi connection, go through the activation then connect to the rc afterwards.
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks, guys. I've turned off the RC. My Spark is still on but it doesn't come up as a WiFi option. I've tried turning my spark off and on again but my Spark WiFi still doesn't show.
2017-8-25
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 01:28
Thanks, guys. I've turned off the RC. My Spark is still on but it doesn't come up as a WiFi option. I've tried turning my spark off and on again but my Spark WiFi still doesn't show.

Keep your finger on the battery button till you hear 3 beeps, should reset the wifi.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Install the DJI Go 4 APP first, then refer to the video in your original post to activate it. For the ios device, you'll get a prompt "No internet connection" when it is connected to the Spark WiFi, it is normal, no worries, just open the DJI Go 4, then you'll be able to activate it.
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-25 01:34
Keep your finger on the battery button till you hear 3 beeps, should reset the wifi.

Thanks. I did that and it's come up now (yay!) but it still says no WiFi connection
2017-8-25
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 01:43
Thanks. I did that and it's come up now (yay!) but it still says no WiFi connection

Have you installed the DJI Go 4 App?
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-25 01:45
Have you installed the DJI Go 4 App?

Yes, did that yesterday. It is activating the device now. Thanks
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Struggling to keep up with all the replies. Really appreciate everyone's help. It is activated and I've named it. Yay!
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-25 01:32
Install the DJI Go 4 APP first, then refer to the video in your original post to activate it. For the ios device, you'll get a prompt "No internet connection" when it is connected to the Spark WiFi, it is normal, no worries, just open the DJI Go 4, then you'll be able to activate it.

thanks, Diana. think I'm all sorted now. Just recharging it then I'll have a play with the simulator. Cheers, Kat
2017-8-25
Use props
Lian82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

I remember my activation.... it is  a WAR
DJI Spark is ReadyToFly,but Activation no
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Lian82 Posted at 2017-8-25 01:56
I remember my activation.... it is  a WAR

Ha ha! I've won the battle but have I won the war? Only time will tell...
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 01:52
thanks, Diana. think I'm all sorted now. Just recharging it then I'll have a play with the simulator. Cheers, Kat

Thank you for your update, hope you can enjoy it, I would recommend you read the manual and watch the tutorial videos on Youtube also before flying it.
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-25 02:40
Thank you for your update, hope you can enjoy it, I would recommend you read the manual and watch the tutorial videos on Youtube also before flying it.

Thanks Diana. By manual, do you mean, the quick start guide that came with it? And yes I'll watch everything I can before I give it a go for real!!
2017-8-25
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The spark user manual is available here

http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Some other tutorial videos

http://www.dji.com/support/product/spark#show-video
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 02:48
Thanks Diana. By manual, do you mean, the quick start guide that came with it? And yes I'll watch everything I can before I give it a go for real!!

Nope, you can refer to the links in post 24# to find it. 1.png
2017-8-25
Use props
Spaners
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

@Travel with Kat
If you are going to use simulator don't forget to remove the props first
I am gesing you are a drone nube from some other posts of yours I have seen
Feel free to ask any questions , If I can help I will , my local flying group contains many DJI owners so what I don't know I can ask and I'm an engineer so I don't gess then give that kind of answer
Be aware that some posters are not as knolagable as they think and that some things are regional differences so a post from someone in say the USA may not be relevant to use in the UK (wifi connection and range being a big one)
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Spaners Posted at 2017-8-25 04:57
@Travel with Kat
If you are going to use simulator don't forget to remove the props first
I am gesing you are a drone nube from some other posts of yours I have seen

Thanks Spaners. Appreciate you letting me know. I keep that in mind. Good idea about removing props. I don;t want to fly it around my living room by mistake! Just having to recharge everything before I implement the update! Took me all morning just to activate it! All part of the fun. Love learning new things. Is it ok to add you as a friend so I can find you again if I need you! I'm sure there will be other queries along the road. cheers, Kat
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2017-8-25 03:18
The spark user manual is available here

http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Thanks Lannes. That's so helpful! all the best, Kat
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-25 03:27
Nope, you can refer to the links in post 24# to find it. [view_image]

Fabulous thank you. Lots of reading and watching to do over the weekend. Have a good one, Kat
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 06:56
Thanks Spaners. Appreciate you letting me know. I keep that in mind. Good idea about removing props. I don;t want to fly it around my living room by mistake! Just having to recharge everything before I implement the update! Took me all morning just to activate it! All part of the fun. Love learning new things. Is it ok to add you as a friend so I can find you again if I need you! I'm sure there will be other queries along the road. cheers, Kat

@SpanersThanks for connecting. I'm still having problems. Started the firmware update and it failed at 99%. Now it keeps repeatedly asking for my password every time I try to reconnect the WiFi. The rear lights on the Spark are flashing yellow where as they were red before. Should I turn the Spark on and off again? now the RC has started beeping at me which I think means it's about to shut down.

2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 11:00
@SpanersThanks for connecting. I'm still having problems. Started the firmware update and it failed at 99%. Now it keeps repeatedly asking for my password every time I try to reconnect the WiFi. The rear lights on the Spark are flashing yellow where as they were red before. Should I turn the Spark on and off again? now the RC has started beeping at me which I think means it's about to shut down.

Going to start a new thread. As this might get confusing.
2017-8-25
Use props
CoreForce
New

Switzerland

I'm having the same issue with the QR code scan not working. I was trying it because it is the first thing mentioned in the quick start guide. This should work or not? Has the code got stolen so it is not recognized?
2017-8-26
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Don’t be surprised if the QR scan won’t work. I was told it never does.
Turn on Spark (press button and then press again and hold for 2 seconds – that will also turn it off)
Open DJI Go 4 app on your phone.
Go to the WiFi setting on your phone and look for your Sparks WiFi. You’ll find the name and password on the storage box and under the battery on your Spark.
If you don’t see it, try holding down the Spark start button continuously. You’ll hear one beep, keep holding, you’ll hear two beeps, keep holding, you’ll hear three beeps – now you can let go. This rebooted my Sparks Wifi.
I was then able to follow the instructions and name and activate my Spark.
Hope that works for you.
2017-8-26
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CoreForce Posted at 2017-8-26 00:17
I'm having the same issue with the QR code scan not working. I was trying it because it is the first thing mentioned in the quick start guide. This should work or not? Has the code got stolen so it is not recognized?

Don’t be surprised if the QR scan won’t work. I was told it never does.
Turn on Spark (press button and then press again and hold for 2 seconds – that will also turn it off)
Open DJI Go 4 app on your phone.
Go to the WiFi setting on your phone and look for your Sparks WiFi. You’ll find the name and password on the storage box and under the battery on your Spark.
If you don’t see it, try holding down the Spark start button continuously. You’ll hear one beep, keep holding, you’ll hear two beeps, keep holding, you’ll hear three beeps – now you can let go. This rebooted my Sparks Wifi.
I was then able to follow the instructions and name and activate my Spark.
Hope that works for you.
2017-8-26
Use props
djiuser_Pz1Mgci
New
United States

I seem to be stuck activating my Spark also.  I am running the google Pixel.  THe wifi setting on the phone indicate that I am connected but the dji GO 4 app indicated that I am disconnected. I get to the third step in connecting where I can either 1. You can tap Next after connecting to the aircraft's Wi-Fi. or 2. Alternatively, you can tap the Scan button to scan the QR code.  THe QR code fails and there isn't any more that I can do in the phone to connect to the Wi-Fi (is there)?  I have turned it off, turned it on.  held the button down for the 9 seconds (3 beeps) reset the wifi on the the Spark, reset the Wi-Fi on my phone.  Downloaded the   DJI assistant 2 and upgraded the firmware...
Needless to say I am a little grumpy.  I have been trying to play with my Christmas present for a week but All I have done is become unhappy.
2018-1-1
Use props
fans52cb789c
New
France

i can t unlock my spark help
2018-5-4
Use props
fans52cb789c
New
France

fans52cb789c Posted at 2018-5-4 17:50

bonjour je n arrive pas a debloquer mon spark? le qr code ne fonctionne pas
2018-5-4
Use props
fans52cb789c
New
France

fans52cb789c Posted at 2018-5-4 17:50

2018-5-4
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans52cb789c Posted at 2018-5-4 23:13

Hi there, only just woken up and see your message. Think it would be best if you start your own thread as maybe I'm the only one seeing your messages and I really don't know enough about it to help you. Sorry, I can't help. I hope you get it sorted out soon!
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules