Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where Can I Get Replacement Landing Feet?
8696 19 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaeb28bba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175600 ft
Switzerland

After a crash both front landing feet are bent and cracked, thankfully they can just be screwed off, but I can't find replacement feet anywhere.. Does anyone have a source? I don't want to spend a fortune and long delay to get repair by DJI and don't want to buy the whole motor arm assemblies because the arms and motors are fine.

2017-8-25
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

I'm amazed no company has started making third party replacements.  one of my mavic legs in broken so had to glue and gorilla tape it back in place because I couldn't get a simple replacement,

SalvageDrones have sold some official legs, but when I asked about them myself and many others have never gotten a reply from Salvage.
2017-8-25
Use props
fansaeb28bba
lvl.1
Switzerland

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-8-25 03:45
I'm amazed no company has started making third party replacements.  one of my mavic legs in broken so had to glue and gorilla tape it back in place because I couldn't get a simple replacement,

SalvageDrones have sold some official legs, but when I asked about them myself and many others have never gotten a reply from Salvage.

This probably will be Plan B, to glue the feet under tension..
2017-8-25
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

fansaeb28bba Posted at 2017-8-25 11:27
This probably will be Plan B, to glue the feet under tension..

I don't know how badly those feet are damaged, but you could use a combination of glue and heat-shrink tubing.
Be careful though, as the Mavic's antennas are in these feet.
2017-8-25
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes careful not to glue the antenna.   I just used enough glue on the damaged part of the leg and then used the silver coloured gorilla tape cut to shape to hold the leg in place. Works a treat and is very strong.
2017-8-25
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have a 3D printer and im a bit curious if it is easy to make replacement legs and just swap out the antenna? or is the antenna fixed inside the eg like laminated inside?

was thinking maybe making a boot  or as my GF calls them "bootsies" for the legs as protective means so that takes the impact not the actual legs
2017-8-25
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Antenna just had a small amount of soft glue near top, can be scrapped off and antenna lifts out. Also has a black deflector or shield thingy in the leg too.
2017-8-25
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-8-25 17:39
Antenna just had a small amount of soft glue near top, can be scrapped off and antenna lifts out. Also has a black deflector or shield thingy in the leg too.

awesome, ill dust off the 3D printer when im back at the farm and do some tests..
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We don't suggest to repair the drone by yourself because it may avoid the warranty, you can try to contact other recommended repair center which is closest to you if you don't want to send it in official repair center.
Please check more recommended repair center here: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers Thank you.
2017-8-25
Use props
fansaeb28bba
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-25 18:56
We don't suggest to repair the drone by yourself because it may avoid the warranty, you can try to contact other recommended repair center which is closest to you if you don't want to send it in official repair center.
Please check more recommended repair center here: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers Thank you.

Seriously. to unscrew 3 screws and refit a little plastic foot will void the guarantee? DJI needs to recognize that many drone flyers are tech savvy and should sell the complete range of spare parts to private customers. Currently, many vital parts are available over Ebay and DJI is missing out on this revenue stream.

And by the way, there doesn't appear to be a recommended repair center in my country.
2017-8-26
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well anyone who could make a good 3D printed replacement would make a killing on eBay selling them. A proper replacement would be better though.
2017-8-26
Use props
fansb79afd5d
United States

Right. You don't want to avoid the warranty.  
2017-8-26
Use props
fansb79afd5d
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-25 16:53
i have a 3D printer and im a bit curious if it is easy to make replacement legs and just swap out the antenna? or is the antenna fixed inside the eg like laminated inside?

was thinking maybe making a boot  or as my GF calls them "bootsies" for the legs as protective means so that takes the impact not the actual legs

I have a couple sets of these. They just slide on over the stock legs and have little "grippers" inside to hold them tight.  The rear gear attaches to the little metal tabs on the bottom. Really helps in longer grass and helps keep dust and debris away from the camera.
2017-8-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can make them, if your handy enough. I had to make new landing feet, I used quarter inch square hard wood, epoxy and black paint...
2017-8-26
Use props
fansaeb28bba
lvl.1
Switzerland

fansb79afd5d Posted at 2017-8-26 13:03
I have a couple sets of these. They just slide on over the stock legs and have little "grippers" inside to hold them tight.  The rear gear attaches to the little metal tabs on the bottom. Really helps in longer grass and helps keep dust and debris away from the camera.

I saw these on Aliexpress, but do they work if the stock feet are bent?
2017-8-27
Use props
fansaeb28bba
lvl.1
Switzerland

Ok, managed to fix the feet for now:

1) unscrew feet
2) hold the flat part in fingers and use pliers to force each foot back into the original angle
3) screw back on
4) use 2-component epoxy glue to fill up the cracks and strengthen the foot
5) let glue set with appropriate weights on the mavic.
2017-8-28
Use props
djiuser_3IgmlhvJyMCj
New
United States

Should have done more reading before I spent money with DJI, If DJI is not going to sell parts for their products This will be the LAST DJI product I BUY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-2-6
Use props
scealux
lvl.1

United States

Here's a link to a landing leg model I made. Might need a few tweaks to be perfect, but it's pretty solid so far. Hope that helps whoever has a 3D printer at least!

2018-5-29
Use props
fansaeb28bba
lvl.1
Switzerland

Wow, brilliant, thanks. It works!

In the meantime they're available on Ebay, search for "MAVIC FRONT ARM"
2018-6-5
Use props
fans57bc1b84
New
United Kingdom

Hi, maybe if not to late I can help!  Have stock of both left and right replacement legs available. eBay 283107850084 and 283107850135. UK based.  Regards,  David
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules