Manually landing the Mavic
11289 19 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

What features do I need to disable in order to land my Mavic manually all the way?
2017-8-25
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

there is nothing you have to disable just hold the left stick down
2017-8-25
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear george_007,

The landing is manually controlled by you, but as you approach the land, it automatically lands straight at the landing zone or pad.
Cheers.
2017-8-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If I understand correctly what you're asking I believe what you're looking for is the landing protection option; disable that and it'll allow you to pilot the aircraft all the way to the ground.
2017-8-25
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Nothing just find a spot and stick down Job Done
2017-8-25
Use props
VAS67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265984 ft
United Kingdom

Drone flying is correct. Disable landing protection and you will have full landing control. Be aware that firmware updates generally switch it back on along with many other settings you may choose to enable / disable. Always best to check all settings after firmware update.
2017-8-25
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Sweden

Thanks!

As some of you understood I don't want the "stick down" option since I can't control the Mavic the last couple of feet. I want to make a slow controlled landing instead of the automated one.
So, Landing Protection off! :-)
2017-8-25
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

No need to turn off anything just control the mavic to desired location and land.
2017-8-25
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

george_007 Posted at 2017-8-25 08:53
Thanks!

As some of you understood I don't want the "stick down" option since I can't control the Mavic the last couple of feet. I want to make a slow controlled landing instead of the automated one.

Yes, indeed, left stick down means that you are entirely in control, until the Mavic has landed.
There is nothing automated in this procedure.

Why don't you try it?

2017-8-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-25 09:56
Yes, indeed, left stick down means that you are entirely in control, until the Mavic has landed.

Yes, it is partially automated in the normal left stick down mode.  It drops at whatever rate you control it at until it is 2-3 feet off the ground, pauses slightly, and then drops at its automated rate, whether you hold the stick down or not.  It is more "elegant" to control it all the way to touchdown with your own fingers being able to gently 'kiss' it down to the landing point.
2017-8-25
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-8-25 10:42
Yes, it is partially automated in the normal left stick down mode.  It drops at whatever rate you control it at until it is 2-3 feet off the ground, pauses slightly, and then drops at its automated rate, whether you hold the stick down or not.  It is more "elegant" to control it all the way to touchdown with your own fingers being able to gently 'kiss' it down to the landing point.

Then you could turn off downward VPS, but I would advise caution, if you want to land the Mavic like that, as that "gentle kiss" may very well turn into a harsh smack.
2017-8-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-25 11:08
Then you could turn off downward VPS, but I would advise caution, if you want to land the Mavic like that, as that "gentle kiss" may very well turn into a harsh smack.

I'll guarantee you that my landings are a LOT smoother than the ones made automatically by landing protection being activated.
2017-8-25
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-8-25 18:53
I'll guarantee you that my landings are a LOT smoother than the ones made automatically by landing protection being activated.

I tried landing my Mavic this afternoon with downward VPS off and the result is breathtaking.
This is what I'd call millimeter-perfect landing!
2017-8-26
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Sweden

Yes, full control all the way down is what I want. Same as on my Phantom 4.
First I got the advice to disable "Landing Protection" and now to disable VPS.
Do I need to disable both??
2017-8-26
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

george_007 Posted at 2017-8-26 15:51
Yes, full control all the way down is what I want. Same as on my Phantom 4.
First I got the advice to disable "Landing Protection" and now to disable VPS.
Do I need to disable both??

No, you don't need to do both for what you want: just disable landing protection. Disabling VPS will allow you to fly it all the way to the ground but it'll also disable other behavior that you probably want to keep, such as very stable hovering.
2017-8-26
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Disabling landing protection also will avoid your quad to start an automatic landing sequence that can't be aborted when you are hovering too close to the ground (or water)... many lost their MPs because of this
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please choose a good landing place when you disable the landing protection.
2017-8-26
Use props
DronePix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765469 ft
Australia

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-8-26 16:47
Disabling landing protection also will avoid your quad to start an automatic landing sequence that can't be aborted when you are hovering too close to the ground (or water)... many lost their MPs because of this

Apparently autolanding can be reverted by one of the 2 ways:
1) just up throttle
2) switch to sport mode

I think I should have tried one of these sequences in case if autolanding happened in the wrong place and time..

ref:
2017-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-25 09:56

Thanks!
Nice video
2017-8-27
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Sweden

I tried to disable Landing Protection today and that did the trick. Now I can perform manual smooth landings. :-)
2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules