5159 5 2015-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssvtcobra2006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1662411 ft
United States

Hi guys
I was wondering if i can get some help. I have naza m lite setup. it was working great for a while but now i can't get my dji f450 to gps lock. i've done the basic IMU calibration, i've done the gps calibration and stilll nothing. My usual rutine for starting the quad is pluging the battery, do the compass and gps calibration wait for it to acquire gps lock. when it does i start up the quad it flies  it just wont hold it's position. it I move the quad forward then let go of the sticks and let go of the sticks it will just keep going. it the same thing no matter what way i move the quad. atti works, manual works, gps lock doesn't. what could be the problem do I have to buy a new gps puck? or is the flight controller the issue?

2015-3-30
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

hard to say why.
What are the indications from the status LED?
Have you checked out the operation of your flight mode switch in the Assistant?
If GPS modeis not being selected as shown in the assistant you would not be able to initiate GPS mode.
Is the GPS seen in the Assistant?
2015-3-31
Use props
ssvtcobra2006
lvl.4
United States

Hi Joe
the LEDs status is always green before i take off. And in the Assistant all the flight modes engage, but when i fly is like i was flying with the gps as it won't stay in place. it wont even do the toilet bowl effect where it would at least hover around in a circle.
2015-4-1
Use props
ssvtcobra2006
lvl.4
United States

Apparently, the issue is that the gps is not acquiring enough satellites. i thought that once the led blinks green really fast a few times that the location has been recorded. But that doesn't seem to be the case. The led blinks green twice then i get 3 red blinks and it just stays in that endless loop. is there any thing else I can do to help it acquire more satellites? i even bought a new gps puck and i'm getting no where with this.
2015-4-8
Use props
W Hoggdoc
New

United States

ssvtcobra2006@g Posted at 2015-4-8 18:09
Apparently, the issue is that the gps is not acquiring enough satellites. i thought that once the led blinks green really fast a few times that the location has been recorded. But that doesn't seem to be the case. The led blinks green twice then i get 3 red blinks and it just stays in that endless loop. is there any thing else I can do to help it acquire more satellites? i even bought a new gps puck and i'm getting no where with this.

I am having the same issue with my Naza M V1 updated to V2 software.  It had been several years since I had flown the F450 it controls, I plugged in and updated all firmware and recalibrated everything.

The first flight nwas short but ok.  After plugging the battery to the f450 the Naza led flashed normally green/red for s short time until I got the fast flashes indicating it had marked HOME.  Then it flashed only green indicating it had GPS lock.

The next time I tried to fly it failed to get GPS lock regardless of how much time I waited.  Could cloud cover be blocking GPS signals to the point of the controller not seeing enough satellites to give lock.
2019-1-27
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

W Hoggdoc Posted at 1-27 09:57
I am having the same issue with my Naza M V1 updated to V2 software.  It had been several years since I had flown the F450 it controls, I plugged in and updated all firmware and recalibrated everything.

The first flight nwas short but ok.  After plugging the battery to the f450 the Naza led flashed normally green/red for s short time until I got the fast flashes indicating it had marked HOME.  Then it flashed only green indicating it had GPS lock.

I’m a bit late to this party but here’s my 10Cents.

I don’t think the DJI GPS puck, both V1 and V2, have ever been quick at locking onto the GPS birds especially when the view of the sky is limited and/or a limited number of sats in view.

To get around this I tried a third part GPS puck that uses the GLONASS system as well as the GPS system and this has improved acquisition time and accuracy. They can be found on eBay quite cheaply. I recently picked up two more for about £16 each, which after BREXIT will equate to about $2 ;-).  

Just search for Naza GPS module and ensure it is a M8N version.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules