Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
need help with 2 issues
1576 31 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans26a47254
lvl.1
United States

I am not a technical person. I just want to fly and shoot some video.

Have accumulated approx 10 hrs total flight time over the last year.

I have noticed that my P4 is very jerky when in flight. Not sure why.

Second, This newest update does not allow me to fly very far or high.

I really just want to be able to fly on demand. I have missed several opportunities to shoot some great events because software updates or other issues would not allow me to fly.

Suggestions please.

Thank you,

Degan
2017-8-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

To address the second problem first:  After your last firmware and software update, your height and distance are restricted until such time as you log in to your DJI account for verification, then all SHOULD be well.   Also, make sure you have not left the craft in Beginner mode, which is the default setting after upgrade I believe
2017-8-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

As to the instability of the craft recently, read through this thread:
2017-8-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2017-8-25
Use props
fans26a47254
lvl.1
United States

Im not sure what login on for verification means.  I have logged on via my laptop and via my iPhone.
2017-8-25
Use props
fans26a47254
lvl.1
United States

Ahhhh.  I see my problems are not so common. Must spend some time an read through the other threads.
Thanks !
2017-8-25
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

You need to login to your DJI account from within DJI Go. Not on your laptop
2017-8-25
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe uninstall the DJI app on your device and reinstall it.  
This would then force a sign in on your DJI account and at least you know you are fully up to date.
2017-8-25
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

The Logout and login feature worked for me when I tried it.  It forced the issue.  
2017-8-25
Use props
fans26a47254
lvl.1
United States

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-8-25 05:58
You need to login to your DJI account from within DJI Go. Not on your laptop

Rggggg.  I did both.

Thanks,
2017-8-25
Use props
fans26a47254
lvl.1
United States

I deleted the app on the phone then reinstalled.
Am not limited now to alt and distance.

Still is not stable in flight.
2017-8-25
Use props
fans26a47254
lvl.1
United States

I had to discharge 3 batteries for air travel and must say. The P4 is flying very erratic. Almost uncontrollable.
Very upsetting and I must say, this is going to be brand damage for sure. I actually lost sight of it as it went behind some trees and went into auto return land mode and almost landed in the woods. Crazy.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Calibrate the IMU, make sure there are more than 10 satellites can be detected by the drone, then try to fly it in an open area, see if it is better.
2017-8-27
Use props
fans26a47254
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-27 20:43
Calibrate the IMU, make sure there are more than 10 satellites can be detected by the drone, then try to fly it in an open area, see if it is better.

Thank you. Just got back from a trip and it was very uncomfortable using the P4 but that was what I bought it for. I will calibrate it tomorrow and advise of the outcome.
2017-9-3
Use props
fans0fce35f1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11965 ft
France

Ranger votre drone dans sa boite et attendez quelques mois si un autre firmware vient....
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans26a47254 Posted at 2017-9-3 15:00
Thank you. Just got back from a trip and it was very uncomfortable using the P4 but that was what I bought it for. I will calibrate it tomorrow and advise of the outcome.

Okay, please keep us updated!
2017-9-4
Use props
fans26a47254
lvl.1
United States

Hey Ya'll.

I did not get a chance to calibrate it yet. When I turned it on it made me comply with a controller update which I did. I was hoping that would have a fix. I just flew it and nope, very erratic and very noisy.

2017-9-15
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

I calibrated the Compass and the IMU.
Sad to say that it still flys the same. Very erratic. I landed right after it took off.

Any suggestions ?
2017-9-16
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Try turning the VPS off.  Hope you calibrated it as well.
2017-9-16
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-16 09:59
Try turning the VPS off.  Hope you calibrated it as well.

I calibrated just the compass and the IMU. Not sure how to calibrate anything else.
2017-9-16
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

Update :  Was able to resolve the height and distance restriction. I calibrated the compass and the IMU with 13 sats detected. Still is flying erratic and not very safe. If I take the Vps off it is more stable but has a good amount of drift.  
2017-9-16
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

C.Degan Posted at 2017-9-16 20:09
Update :  Was able to resolve the height and distance restriction. I calibrated the compass and the IMU with 13 sats detected. Still is flying erratic and not very safe. If I take the Vps off it is more stable but has a good amount of drift.

VPS shouldn't effect drift. As long as the Flight Mode Switch is in the  P-mode or S-mode, GPS should be the only thing that controls the drift.
2017-9-17
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

Also noticing every time I fly I am getting a cautionary high wind notification. There was no wind this morning when I flew.
So I have done everything listed above and what has been identified on other threads and the flight characteristics have not changed at all since the firmware update.

And more suggestions please ?
2017-9-17
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

After all the time spent, my drone flies like garbage. It might even be worse now then yesterday. It was less than a year old when I installed the update. I get high wind warnings when there is no wind. It has never been dropped or damaged in any way. It is now useless as a UAS an I am pretty pretty upset. I have $1400 invested in the drone that took me a while to save up for and now many hours of wasted personal time. Enough is enough.
I have followed everything that has been suggested and have followed the instructions directly from DJI below.

From DJI :

Thank you for your response.

We are sorry to know that you are experiencing flight issues on your Phantom 4 after you upgrade it's firmware.
We do understand that you are concerned about the safety of your flight.
Rest assured that I will do my best, to be able to provide you the best and easiest troubleshooting steps for that.
To be able for me to do that, I'll just need to gather some information below.

Please provide a screenshot of the aircraft’s current firmware locate at the ABOUT page on your DJI Go App (Settings > General Settings > About).

Did you received any error message? If yes, may you send us a screenshot of that error message.

Did the unit crashed or dropped?

What is the troubleshooting steps that you already did?

I've attached some troubleshooting steps below.

Please calibrate the IMU first, and second the VPS.

IMU Calibration

1. Make sure that the Aircraft and Remote Controller battery is more than 50%.

2. Turn on Remote Controller and connect to the Mobile Device.

3. Place the Aircraft on a level surface.

4. Turn on the Aircraft.

5. Launch DJI Go app.

5. Go to Main Controller settings > Advanced Settings> Sensors> IMU Calibration> Start Calibration.

6. The calibration process will take about 5 minutes. Please wait for the confirmation on DJI Go app.

7. IMU Calibration will fail if the aircraft is not positioned according to the instruction on DJI GO app.

8. If calibration fails, restart the aircraft and calibrate the IMU again.

VPS Calibration

Note: Make sure before perform VPS Calibration Phantom 4 battery is sufficient and USB Cable is connected to a PC  

1. Connect the aircraft to your PC  with a USB cable  

2. Launch the DJI Assistant 2  
Select Phantom 4 and click calibration on the left side  

*Note: Read the three steps carefully  
First step: Hold the aircraft and point the nose towards the screen.  
Second step: Aim for the on screen boxes as inscructed  
Third step: Complete both horizontal and vertical calibration  

3. Please begin the calibration  
Point the forward facing obstacle sensors towards the screen and calibrate them.  
Position the AC such that the corner of the red box coincide with the corners of the blue boxes  
And wait a few seconds the AC should  now stay in this position for the rest of calibration.  
Please do not move it arbitrarily tilt the AC up and down to fill  the vertical progress  bar  
When the vertical bar is illed tilt the AC left and right to fill the Horizontal progress  
When front facing obstacle sensor calibration is complete      

4. Now Calibrate the bottom sensor  
Now face the bottom of the AC towards the screen the battery compartment should point to the right  
And the nose should point to the left      
Now Calibrate the bottom cameras with the bottom of the AC facing towards the screen position the AC  
Such that the corners of the red boxes coincide with the corners of the blue boxes and then wait for a seconds  
The AC should stay in this position for the rest of calibration Please do not move it arbitrarily  
Tilt the AC up and down to fill  the vertical progress  bar  
When the vertical bar is illed tilt the AC left and right to fill the Horizontal progress  

5. When you finished the software will automatically calculate and apply the calibration settings      
Please ensure the Phanto 4 battery is sufficient and the data cable is connected to the PC      
After the calibration is successful please click finish  

If you find challenges on the provided steps above, you may watch our video tutorial on Youtube:   

Please let us know if the troubleshooting steps above didn't solved the issue.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
If you have other concern don't hesitate to contact us.

2017-9-21
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

C.Degan Posted at 2017-9-21 03:42
After all the time spent, my drone flies like garbage. It might even be worse now then yesterday. It was less than a year old when I installed the update. I get high wind warnings when there is no wind. It has never been dropped or damaged in any way. It is now useless as a UAS an I am pretty pretty upset. I have $1400 invested in the drone that took me a while to save up for and now many hours of wasted personal time. Enough is enough.
I have followed everything that has been suggested and have followed the instructions directly from DJI below.

If it is a P4 I would suggest rolling your firmware back, you will find the instructions and references in the post that was shared in a link above.
2017-9-21
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

Rolling back the firmware.  

OK. lets see how long this takes.
2017-9-21
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

I could not find any info on how to do this rollback.
The old is not listed in the software section of dji page
2017-9-21
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

C.Degan Posted at 2017-9-21 15:33

Not sure i can post the right link if it don't work go to https://github.com and try to find the wizard tool from a user named Jezzab.

Read carefully and make sure to pick the right things for download.

Edit: i was thinking so, we get cencured and some of the link disaperred but i think you can come close to the target anyway. ;-)
2017-9-22
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

C.Degan Posted at 2017-9-21 15:33

This should get you going:

2017-9-22
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

i can't do all that. just want to fly.
Sending in to DJI for repairs.
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I am sorry for you, best luck with a happy ending.
2017-9-28
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

Pretty upset, Here is my repair quote. Be reminded, that this drone has be kept in its case and has been very well taken care of. There should be no reason for any hardware malfunction or damage.

Case No:        CAS-1028547-Y3P2Z6
DJI Care Balance:        
Quote Date:        10-11-17
Remarks:        Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit http://www.dji.com/service/policy DJI North America

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Phantom 4 Right Landing Gear Module        1        10.00        10.00
Phantom4 Camera Main Board V04        1        176.00        176.00
Repair Service Fee        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        316.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        316.00
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules