Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Arbitrary 30m altitude limit with the latest firmware
12Next >
6554 44 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
heliman
First Officer
Denmark

After the the lastest firmware update, I hit a 30 meter altitude limit on about half of the flights.
It says "Warning: Max Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary".

Battery > 90%, satellites 16-19, I am logged into dji go. No indication anywhere of why I hit a 30 meter limit.
Landing and restarting everything have fixed it so far. Max. altitude is set for 120 meters.
It never happened with the previous firmwares.
Am I alone with this? How do I find the reason?

Could it be because I did not switch the transmitter off between flights?

2017-8-25
Use props
Convert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

And not in beginner mode?
2017-8-25
Use props
vasi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16099 ft

Switzerland

Have you completed the recent NFZ update?
2017-8-25
Use props
heliman
First Officer
Denmark

yes and yes.
2017-8-25
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

I have this same problem and wrote about it yesterday.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-110107-1-1.html

Also what appears to be an arbitrary (and random) 50m horizontal distance limit.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-110291-1-1.html

Updated EVERYTHING (Spark, RC, batteries, App, NFZ)
2017-8-25
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not able to update the NFZ database. My Assistant 2 app says 'transmitting... 0% for at least 20 minutes now. This it the third time I have restarted the app and the updating process. I need to get this done because for the past few days, about 1/3 of my flights are bricked by the 100 foot distance and low altitude limit too. Sick of that stuff, yet the NFZ update won't run. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  I could use a little help here.
2017-8-25
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.3
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

Same problem here. Maybe restarting RC between flights may help.
2017-8-25
Use props
MaikR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Also still the same issue. Logged out and in again, but without a good result.
2017-8-25
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I believe the NFZ update has actually been completed on my aircraft. The real problem is a lack of a clear message telling one that the process has been completed. After repeating the install several times, I would see it zip from 0% to 100% in about 2 seconds, then it would show 'transmitting... 0%' forever after. I think that is it's very poor way of telling you that the process is done. Really poor communications from the Assistant 2 app if indeed it was completed. I will not really know now until I fly a few more times and see if it restricts my distance and altitude. This is very bad work by DJI. You have to make the app tell us when it has completed the process, so we don't waste hours of our lives trying to run the install over and over. Frustrated!
2017-8-25
Use props
Lian82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Same problem in third fly today(H30 D40)I turn off ac rc  and kill dji go 4... and then turn all on..work normal mode...
2017-8-25
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2017-8-25 08:21
I believe the NFZ update has actually been completed on my aircraft. The real problem is a lack of a clear message telling one that the process has been completed. After repeating the install several times, I would see it zip from 0% to 100% in about 2 seconds, then it would show 'transmitting... 0%' forever after. I think that is it's very poor way of telling you that the process is done. Really poor communications from the Assistant 2 app if indeed it was completed. I will not really know now until I fly a few more times and see if it restricts my distance and altitude. This is very bad work by DJI. You have to make the app tell us when it has completed the process, so we don't waste hours of our lives trying to run the install over and over. Frustrated!

I was wrong, the NFZ database is not updated on my aircraft after over an hour of trying yesterday, trying again now. Still locks up at "transmitting... 0%". My only guess is that DJI rolled out this update to the entire world all at once, and everyone is trying to download it so their aircraft will not be bricked today. I am guessing I'm sitting here with a running aircraft attached to my computer, in a queue, with 6572 others ahead of me (but I can't see any indication of the wait time or if indeed my guess is even right). My battery will die again, before anything happens. DJI, what were you thinking? Apple rolls-out updates a little at a time. My wife's iphone is always updated days before mine. This is called 'staggering the roll out' of new software. It makes the process smooth and easy for people who own their products. they also do not disable the device if you fail to do the update. DJI can learn a lot about relations with their customers from Apple. People do not take kindly to this sort of controlling manipulation by a company.
2017-8-26
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I will add that when you want to fly, even if you can't get this NFZ update to work, you should choose "ignore" when the message about the update comes up on your display. For now that seems to work, and the aircraft will fly. If you make the mistake of hitting "update now" then your aircraft will not fly farther than 100 feet!!! But you can land, restart and choose 'ignore', then you should be able to fly freely.
2017-8-26
Use props
tecnophone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86608 ft
Italy

Hi.

Same problem here :/

Everything is updated, but my patience is about to end.
Every time there is a new problem!

2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

MaikR Posted at 2017-8-25 08:17
Also still the same issue. Logged out and in again, but without a good result.

Have you tried to restart the drone and APP? I would recommend you start the RC and drone first, then start the APP.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Make sure you've signed in the APP, power on the RC and drone first, then start the APP,  you won't be restricted once the drone detected that you've signed in the APP.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

tecnophone Posted at 2017-8-26 05:59
Hi.

Same problem here :/

Could you please also try the steps I provided in the post 14#?
2017-8-27
Use props
MaikR
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-27 20:11
Have you tried to restart the drone and APP? I would recommend you start the RC and drone first, then start the APP.

Yes, without result. Never had any issue before, but this one is hard. Could it have to do something with the app on iOS?
2017-8-28
Use props
la_panza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1123133 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-27 20:12
Could you please also try the steps I provided in the post 14#?

I had the same issue too  after the latest update, the status screen on DJI g0 4 had a warning, I don't remember it exactly, but it said there was something wrong with the compass...    in this state I could not fly higher than 30 meters...
I simply closed DJI go, and launched it again, the warning disappeared and the issue went away too, I can't say more........
2017-8-28
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It makes no sense to delete the go app and upload it again. Eventually after a few more flights and battery changes, you will get the message maximum height/distance reached.
It is sufficient only to shutdown the app and open it again . Also if you are using otg cable, just unplug and plug it in again. This is apparently a bug in the new update. Dji engineers are working on it according to dji forum helpers. Hopefully it is fixed with next fw
2017-8-28
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did some flight tests earlier today, and I've not had opportunity to confirm, but it appears that the behavior was such that I was flying with restrictions until I had set home point.  The app allows you to set home point, and the craft tries to establish it's own home point as well.  So I was taking off and flying rapidly away trying to test this.

That may be the case for you (author).  See if your flight restrictions are lifted once you establish home point.
2017-8-28
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I always set homepoint first, and still got te maximum messages
2017-8-28
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-8-28 12:26
I always set homepoint first, and still got te maximum messages

I am perplexed and baffled.  I'm out of plausible explanations.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MaikR Posted at 2017-8-28 01:04
Yes, without result. Never had any issue before, but this one is hard. Could it have to do something with the app on iOS?

Make sure the APP is up to date, then log into it, then start the drone, RC and APP, like I mentioned before, if it is still restricted, please restart the APP. It won't be restricted if the drone detected that you've logged into the APP.
2017-8-29
Use props
flyingspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 496545 ft
Netherlands

It happened to me this Sunday on my second flight. For no reason I got the 30m altitude and 50m distance limit. Restarting the app in my ipad (completely from the tasks board) solved the issue.
2017-8-29
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

One thing I've done today that felt like progress was to reinstall the Assistant 2 app. It turns out that just having the Assistant 2 app doesn't mean you have the current version of that app, and the current version, +2+1.1.2_2, is absolutely needed for this NFZ database update.  So when I installed +2+1.1.2_2, and the weird little secondary app or driver that comes with it, and restarted, I was then finally able to get past the "transmitting, 0%" point. It looked like the update was really going to work this time, until the message came "failure, errors". There was a button to report it to DJI and I did that. But after that, when I launch the Assistant 2 (+2+1.1.2_2) app, I get no message about needing to update the NFZ database. So am I ok to fly now? Who knows? Probably not, but there is nothing more I can do. DJI, this is not a smooth process.
2017-8-29
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is really frustrating.
2017-8-29
Use props
Enri
Second Officer
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

Hello, it looks like I have some issues too.
Sometimes max alt settings on the app looks locked and some other days it isn't.
Anyway yesterday night I have flown over 50 mtrs without msg prompts.
Today popped up the max alt limit reached prompt at 30 mtrs.
Probably as Dji Diana says in post 13 or 14 I would have to shut the app down and log in again.
Anyway I am not a debbuger and I try to buy always first class product not to loose my time into debug them so I can state it happens but don't really know under which conditions.
I will try to restart the app as suggested next time but here come the second annoying thing, when I restart it doesn't connect to wifi without a reboot of the drone, problem came up after 1.005 fw update I guess and still not resolved.
Maybe somebody should put those little issues among the bug tracking list for next updates .
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Enri Posted at 2017-8-29 22:01
Hello, it looks like I have some issues too.
Sometimes max alt settings on the app looks locked and some other days it isn't.
Anyway yesterday night I have flown over 50 mtrs without msg prompts.

Enri, please have a try and solve the problem by following the recommended solution. About your second question, can you provide more detail about it. The version of your app and what mobile device did you use?  It will be better if you can shoot a video and we will help you transfer your problem. Thanks.
2017-8-29
Use props
Enri
Second Officer
Italy

Since I am a lazy person I am glad enough to fly with the buggy restriction when it comes up, given that will be marked as little bug to solve.
Wifi connection is also a minor bug but annoying.
The first time I connect my device it never recognize wifi password until I switch the aircraft down and then back on.
It always happens during  the first flight of the day then I put the app in background, if I start a second flight, even hours later it works flawless.
I use Ipad pro with all latest updates.
Thanks for your interest I will take a video when I will have no better stuff to record....

2017-8-29
Use props
MaikR
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-29 00:19
Make sure the APP is up to date, then log into it, then start the drone, RC and APP, like I mentioned before, if it is still restricted, please restart the APP. It won't be restricted if the drone detected that you've logged into the APP.

It is restricted everytime, but  when hovering, closing the app en reopen solves the problem. But anyhow, it is a bug that needs to be fixed in the next firmware
2017-8-30
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've managed to update my NFV database fully now. Did it from the Go 4 app. This was the first time I got the message when within cellular range. So that is done. Still, about every one in three or four flights, it stops at 30 meters. The bug is not fixed.  This is a bug that DJI apparently built in to our perfectly functional aircrafts, presumably to make us update the NFZ database. Because the bug and the NFZ database update messages came at the very same time. But updating the NFZ database doesn't remove the bug. DJI, you have to stop doing things to our aircrafts that render them damaged or useless. When we pay for the aircraft it is owned by us, and for you to reach in and disable critical functions on thousands of drones in order to make us update software... this is beyond the understanding of most of your customers.  I am beyond frustrated, I'm angry about this. You have wasted about a day of my life over the past week, trying to fix this every different way. This is a problem of your making and you need to fix it fast, for all of us. It shouldn't have ever happened in the first place.
2017-8-30
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MaikR Posted at 2017-8-30 00:32
It is restricted everytime, but  when hovering, closing the app en reopen solves the problem. But anyhow, it is a bug that needs to be fixed in the next firmware

I have tested the temporary workaround posted by MaikR. It did remedy the problem. Thank you MaikR!  Altitude and distance limits were removed. Only takes a couple of seconds to close the app and reopen it. Seems counterintuitive and a bit reckless to do it while in flight but it works fine, as a workaround for now. The aircraft and RC are still connected while the app is rebooted. Still need a real fix from DJI. Guessing there is either a Go app or firmware update around the corner, as I always have odd and annoying problems develop, right before some kind of update is announced.
2017-8-30
Use props
koko_
lvl.1
Norway

Another workaround is to kill/restart the Go App after every battery change and/or restart of copter. Just right before take-off. This avoids killing the app during flight.
2017-8-30
Use props
Enri
Second Officer
Italy

That's probably...absolutely... true!!!!...koko
When I double power up the drone (usually first flight of the day) which I do due to the wifi password problem it flies without limit.
If I fly later after battery charge or with another battery I am glad it gets wifi at first shot...but i'm limited in max height.
I suppose Ios put the app in background but don't really close it.

That's the perfect picture.
and I still think it is an app bug

2017-8-30
Use props
koko_
lvl.1
Norway

It is definitely a bug. Either there is a reason for a limitation (which btw should be reported by the app) or there is no reason. If by killing / restarting this limitation can be overcome, it is definitely not a straight behavior and thus surely not intended by DJI.
2017-8-30
Use props
koko_
lvl.1
Norway

And, Enri, yes - just closing the app does not kill the app in iOS, it is just running in background. This bug requires a complete restart of the go app - so only killing does the job.
2017-8-30
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like Phantom guys are having the same problem.
2017-8-30
Use props
MaikR
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-8-30 14:57
Looks like Phantom guys are having the same problem.

And also with the inspire
2017-8-30
Use props
koko_
lvl.1
Germany

Maybe DJI Go 4.1.9 (iOS) fixed the bug? (just released)
2017-8-30
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

koko_ Posted at 2017-8-30 23:51
Maybe DJI Go 4.1.9 (iOS) fixed the bug? (just released)

Thanks for sharing this, I'm updating my app right now, will report if this fixes the bug. I speculated just yesterday that a new App or firmware were right around the corner, because I always experience annoying problems that just happen to pop-up right before a new software release.
2017-8-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules