Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Update Order Issue
1145 12 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cliff1858
lvl.1
United States

I recently sent my I1 into Drone Nerds to have a motor repiared. It was over the new FW update time period. I did not send the x5 camrea in with the drone and belive they updated the aircraft to the newest FW. So the x5 is still on the older FW and I havent been able to get a scuessful update since. I keep getting the red light and long buzz. The DJI-GO App says the camera is on the newest FW now but I get no video feed and never got the update confirmation buzzes. It says no transmission signal on the app and I cant see anything.
Any ideas? I'm searching for my old x3 to see if that works. I've been browsing the forums for hours and havent found a solution. I've tried most of the typical FW update fixes.

2017-8-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Have you re-linked the RC to the drone?  I believe your RC will need a new update to complete the latest firmware update they did to the drone.  Maybe the batteries too.  (This was the way it happened for me with an I2, don't know if it is the same for the i1.).
2017-8-25
Use props
Cliff1858
lvl.1
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-8-25 06:48
Have you re-linked the RC to the drone?  I believe your RC will need a new update to complete the latest firmware update they did to the drone.  Maybe the batteries too.  (This was the way it happened for me with an I2, don't know if it is the same for the i1.).

The RC seems to talk to the AC. I can move the gimbal around and get all the battery readouts. The RC doesn't say it needs an update but maybe I should try updating the app. Thanks for the input.
2017-8-25
Use props
fansb649cb09
Banned
Flight distance : 2201 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-25
Use props
Cliff1858
lvl.1
United States

fansb649cb09 Posted at 2017-8-25 10:46
I will never buy DJI product again. They have the worst service and firmware causes too many issues. The won't even own up to their issues. DJI is garbage and wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

Unfortunately I do have to agree although they really corner the drone market which makes hard to go elsewhere. For Ronin / stabilizer type  products I will have to go with Movi in the future. I spent an hour talking to DJI last night trying to fix this problem and it got me no where. They even recommended using the DJI assistant 2 software which isn't even compatible with the I1 which was a total waste of time.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Cliff, what does the long buzz sound like? Is it coming from ESC? Is it possible to post a short video here for better assistance?
2017-8-25
Use props
Cliff1858
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-25 23:21
Hi, Cliff, what does the long buzz sound like? Is it coming from ESC? Is it possible to post a short video here for better assistance?

When I put the update bin file on the SD card and start the i1 the camera light flashes green / red and I hear the two buzzes that start the update. Then it goes into a long constant buzz and the light turns solid red. I believe this means the update has failed. The .txt file on the SD card says this as well. I can get a video and screen shots later. Thank you!
2017-8-26
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Cliff1858 Posted at 2017-8-26 05:02
When I put the update bin file on the SD card and start the i1 the camera light flashes green / red and I hear the two buzzes that start the update. Then it goes into a long constant buzz and the light turns solid red. I believe this means the update has failed. The .txt file on the SD card says this as well. I can get a video and screen shots later. Thank you!

Ok sounds like the update is NOT working ,

Start over , format the Sd card  and then go to the downloads page and  BE SURE TO "SELECT PRODUCT " FIRST , SINCE YOU SAY YOU OWN THE X5 THEN YOU MUST CHOOSE THAT IN THE 'PRODUCT SECLECT ' BOX.  then download that FW to the AC ,make sure the RC transmitter is OFF !!!

I assume you have the pro and only have the X5 camera is that correct ?
*****Make sure the Update bin file is the nly thing on the SD card when updating !!! Very important , use a PC over a mac if you can and format the SD card on the Aircraft if you can.  Here is a tips page that may help .  
Tips for Load NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO
donnie

2017-8-26
Use props
Cliff1858
lvl.1
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-26 10:16
Ok sounds like the update is NOT working ,

Start over , format the Sd card  and then go to the downloads page and  BE SURE TO "SELECT PRODUCT " FIRST , SINCE YOU SAY YOU OWN THE X5 THEN YOU MUST CHOOSE THAT IN THE 'PRODUCT SECLECT ' BOX.  then download that FW to the AC ,make sure the RC transmitter is OFF !!!

Thanks Donnie. I have tried multiple times but I will try from a windows computer this week. Maybe that will help. Correct I bought the oringal inspire 1 with x3 then upgraded to the x5 a few months later.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cliff1858 Posted at 2017-8-28 07:55
Thanks Donnie. I have tried multiple times but I will try from a windows computer this week. Maybe that will help. Correct I bought the oringal inspire 1 with x3 then upgraded to the x5 a few months later.

If the firmware failed to be updated, please provide the log file to us for analysis, which can be found in hidden folder MISC/LOG. Thanks.
2017-8-29
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Cliff1858 Posted at 2017-8-28 07:55

Make sure if using the X3 that you load that FW first and then if you want to update the X5 then you will wan to go to the same downloads page and go to the " Product Select " box, jere choose the X5 and then load that Fw as well.

If you can , like I said format the SD card on the AC , that way you are sure the format will be compatible , from there make sure ONLY the Bin file get's  loaded and Not ANYTHING ELSE .

Let me know

donnie
2017-8-29
Use props
Cliff1858
lvl.1
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-29 06:34
Make sure if using the X3 that you load that FW first and then if you want to update the X5 then you will wan to go to the same downloads page and go to the " Product Select " box, jere choose the X5 and then load that Fw as well.

If you can , like I said format the SD card on the AC , that way you are sure the format will be compatible , from there make sure ONLY the Bin file get's  loaded and Not ANYTHING ELSE .

I've done everything for a proper firmware upgrade. Format on AC, proper firmware, RC not on, etc. Very frustrationg as I need it for a shoot this week and feel I will need to send it in.
Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 6.26.06 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 6.26.17 PM.jpg
2017-8-30
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Cliff1858 Posted at 2017-8-30 14:28
I've done everything for a proper firmware upgrade. Format on AC, proper firmware, RC not on, etc. Very frustrationg as I need it for a shoot this week and feel I will need to send it in.

Just to confirm , you are uing the X5 camera to load the FW is that correct ?
If you have not done so , format the SD card on the Aircraft and then load the BIN file to computer and then load ONLY the BIN file . ( just  re read that you are doing that , sorry )

I have seen many times where a MAC did not format the SD card correctly causing  issue OR it does not just load the BIN file and there is other data there as well.
*** Try another SD card as well .  

try the PC if all else fails .

***According to the log , you are using the X5 firmware .  So in that case you MUST use the X5 camera to load the FW

This is strange  becaue you obviously know how to load the Fw as you have done it in the past with success .

Let me/Us  know

donnie

2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules