Horrible Experience with Repair & Customer Service
752 9 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansae36a1a8
New
United Kingdom

I purchased a Mavic Pro and 8 weeks later, after installing the software update to the drone, the gimbal stopped working completely. A message popped up about incompatible features and motor overload. Uninstalled software and reverted back to the previous version and followed all the troubleshooting steps advised by online customer support but with no success. I was directed to open a case and send the device for repair which happened on 26 June. After assessment I was told it would be covered under gimbal warranty (which is 6 months) and would take 2-3 business days to fix, test and ship. This happened on 10 July and my expectation, based on the DJI Repair FAQ, was 7-10 business days before it was returned. At the end of July I started contacting support because the drone was purchased for an upcoming trip and I was worried it would be back in time. I was assured it was progressing, would be back in time for 25 August, and would have email confirmation in 48 hours.

Clearly this didn’t happen because I wouldn’t be wasting time with a thread if it had. The drone has now been in the possession of DJI for longer than I even owned it before it broke and customer support is not able to provide any information. I literally get no answer when inquiring about why it would take 11 times the stated turnaround time. I offered to pay for the repair instead of have it covered for free under warranty and was told that this was not even an option. I requested to have it expedited weeks ago and learned this Monday that the request was denied (no reason given, of course).

Finally yesterday I talk to customer support on chat and it sounded like things were going to turn around. He said his supervisor would be able to help, that he sent on all the information, and to call and speak with Mac. Fifteen minutes later I call to speak with him and I’m told that he’s out but they can help. We go through the whole case again, she says that they are working on the repair, and that I can try calling for him again tomorrow. Which brings us to today… I call this morning and I’m told again that Mac is not there but that even if he was he wouldn’t be able to help me because he’s located in Netherlands.

At this point, I don’t even want the drone back because it's been sitting under repair for more than half of the time it's been out of the box. The product warranty is running out and I’ve not even able to use it for the past 9 weeks. Plus, who knows how long before it’s even done and shipped. I can’t get in touch with anyone that will honestly address the issue or offer an attempt at remediation. I bought the Mavic for this very important trip and won't even have it for the intended purpose. This has been a dreadful experience and a huge disappointment because the 1600€ I paid for it has been a total waste. Customer support keeps giving me the same line of "it's under repair, you'll have an email in 48 hours" and I'm done with the horrible service and runaround.  Keep the lemon drone, I WANT MY MONEY BACK.
2017-8-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I feel for you. A mod will see this and help you.   
Should go ahead and post case number
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If I were in your position, I would feel just as you do, we deeply apologize for the unfortunate experience with our customer service and repair process.
Could you please provide the case number here? We will help to check what happened and try our best to get it addressed for you.
Sorry again for the trouble that has been caused to your trip.
2017-8-25
Use props
TANDATravels
New
Hungary

Thanks for the post Mindy. The case number is CAS-735506-S6T7M3.
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TANDATravels Posted at 2017-8-26 01:15
Thanks for the post Mindy. The case number is CAS-735506-S6T7M3.

Thanks, I have escalated the case to local team to follow up, sincerely apologize for the delay in repair and unpleasant experience with us.
We will have someone to contact you on weekdays after review and try our best to expedite the process, please wait patiently for the reply, thank you.
2017-8-26
Use props
TANDATravels
New
Hungary

Ok I will wait for them to contact me but please make sure they know I don't want the drone back anymore, only a refund. The trip for which it was purchased is already underway and I'm not satisfied with the quality of the product or the fact that they have had it for repair for longer than I even used it.
2017-8-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

uh oh......could be a problem there.
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TANDATravels Posted at 2017-8-26 03:58
Ok I will wait for them to contact me but please make sure they know I don't want the drone back anymore, only a refund. The trip for which it was purchased is already underway and I'm not satisfied with the quality of the product or the fact that they have had it for repair for longer than I even used it.

Well, it's hard to send you the refund, there will be someone communicating with you soon, sure I will transfer your request to them before that. Thanks for your patience.
2017-8-27
Use props
TANDATravels
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-27 20:13
Well, it's hard to send you the refund, there will be someone communicating with you soon, sure I will transfer your request to them before that. Thanks for your patience.

So they did respond rather quickly but they said literally the same thing as everyone else..."There is a problem with the technology" which of course we already knew because that's why it was sent in 9 weeks ago. The drone was only in flight for 6 hours before the technology issue and its been sitting in repair for more weeks than it was even in my possession.  If they aren't willing to give me my money back then they  could at least give me a new drone so the warranty period will be reset. If they do some ineffective repair, then by the time I get it back and realize the issue isn't fixed the warranty for gimbal is expired..  Just like the customer service line has done over the past month, instead of offering a timeline or other resolution, they gave me "it will be repaired and sent back."   
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TANDATravels Posted at 2017-8-28 02:08
So they did respond rather quickly but they said literally the same thing as everyone else..."There is a problem with the technology" which of course we already knew because that's why it was sent in 9 weeks ago. The drone was only in flight for 6 hours before the technology issue and its been sitting in repair for more weeks than it was even in my possession.  If they aren't willing to give me my money back then they  could at least give me a new drone so the warranty period will be reset. If they do some ineffective repair, then by the time I get it back and realize the issue isn't fixed the warranty for gimbal is expired..  Just like the customer service line has done over the past month, instead of offering a timeline or other resolution, they gave me "it will be repaired and sent back."

We are sorry to have kept you waiting for the drone, the aircraft and gimbal have been replaced and have been shipped out, hope you will receive it soon.
If there is any further question, please keep us updated.
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules