P4 Pro battery (5870mAh) on P4 without updating latest (BUG) fw
1053 9 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8797519d
lvl.2
Italy

Hi all, I recently purchased a new battery for my P4 (5870mAh). I put it and I got the "[size=14.6667px]Aircraft firmware and firmware of peripheral devices do not match" message (as I supposed). [size=14.6667px]Now, I'm keeping away from updating to v02.00.0106 firmware, I'm very happy with 01.02.0602 firmware. So how can I refresh the new battery remaining with 01.02.0602 firmware? I think it's impossible by DJI Assistant. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We don't suggest to use the battery if the firmware is different from aircraft for the sake of safety. We suggest to update the firmware at your most convenience.
2017-8-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Catch 22!   Stick with the older firmware and fly happily (as I do), but your battery won't work.  OR - update your firmware and software ( with a risk that it will screw up your bird ) and chance being able to use your new battery.   You DO have a dilemma.  It's one which all of us will eventually have to face as our batteries reach their end-of-life cycles
2017-8-25
Use props
fans8797519d
lvl.2
Italy

It's incredible... the "old" 5350mAh battery are quite impossible to find. I think production has stopped.  To use new 5870mAh battery we need firmware updating, and new firmware does't work "so good".

DJI: "you cannot be serius!"

Please help us
2017-8-26
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fans8797519d Posted at 2017-8-26 02:48
It's incredible... the "old" 5350mAh battery are quite impossible to find. I think production has stopped.  To use new 5870mAh battery we need firmware updating, and new firmware does't work "so good".

DJI: "you cannot be serius!"

You can still find it on the net and in few DJI stores.
On EbayP4 5350 battery.
2017-8-26
Use props
Otto4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162812 ft
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-25 19:59
We don't suggest to use the battery if the firmware is different from aircraft for the sake of safety. We suggest to update the firmware at your most convenience.

"You guys are just unbelivable" so what you say is that is better to uppgrade to a faulty firmware JUST FOR SAFTY !  insted of using the battery on the drone.  
so it are better to get an flyaway to god knows who than to use the battery  :-/

You guys / girls, it's time to get your act togetter, and do what you are suposed to do and that's to serve your customer, insted or all this nonsense talk, fix the firmvare or give downgrades, you guys are fy far the worst company i have ever seen in my 47 years of life, and i talk to companys every day in my job" unbelivable just unbelivable"

2017-8-26
Use props
Otto4
lvl.2
Norway

if the battery dont work with the software you are using you can use the 3 party app d dor to fix it without uppgrade but ((do it at your ovn risk)) i have and it works great and i use both the old and the new battery.
2017-8-26
Use props
Otto4
lvl.2
Norway

and im sorry for not posting the entire name on the 3 party app it is banned and it gets cut out from my post
2017-8-26
Use props
fans8797519d
lvl.2
Italy

Finally i did the firmware update as DJI Mindy suggested!

Obviously I got same problems as you: unstable flight, App reboot recording Video in 4k 30fps, and quicker response (quite similar to sport mode).  In windy condition I think it can be dangerous!
Unfortunatly many users are reporting crash but DJI still says to update firmware!

I finally decided to use du---dore to downgrade. I did it twice to got the new and old battery aligned. It seems all ok. Tomorrow I'll go to check.

Thank you Otto4 for suggestion! I'm 46 and I agree with you: DJI is near to got Pole position for the worst company support!
2017-8-27
Use props
Otto4
lvl.2
Norway

yes i had the same problems, the new firmware is usless, and some has lost their drone du to firmware issue. i downgraded a while ago first to an older version firmware, it had some obstical avoidens issue, then
i uppgraded to the firmware before the faulty firmware and it works great .
yes dji copied apple all the way, even the customer service is the same :-)
on some aspect i like the lack of service, this wil give other drone companys more customers and more incom, maybe the gap will close a little.
I think the reason dji is in front with tecnology is due to money access. the lack of competition is not good, and this is what we see now, they has no respect for the customers that made their success.

2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules