Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware update issues
1644 19 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi everyone, Me again!
I finally managed to activate my Spark. So I turn Spark and the RC on to run the firmware update. But it's now stuck at 99%.My Spark has flashing yellow lights. Tried to look it up in the manual but can't see a section for what the coloured lights mean. Would have thought that was kinda important info!!

Now when I try to reconnect to my Spark WiFi it won't accept the password.

Tried turning everything off and on again but no change. Still have rapidly flashing yellow lights.

So hacked off this is taking up so much time.

thanks,
Kat

PS Is firmware software or hardware?

2017-8-25
Use props
Dave-r
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1214 ft
United Kingdom

try connecting to dji assistent 2
2017-8-25
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Kat, I'm not an expert in upgrades, other than I've managed to succeed in applying every pushed firmware to date.  When you say "stuck"...  How long stuck?  3-5 minutes?  Until spark battery runs low?

I know one other user in the forum interpreted the spark shutting off as a sign that the update failed (he was at 97%), and it was the spark just rebooting as part of the update process.  This user interrupted that process, and it needed to complete.  Also, the DJI Assistant 2 is another way of applying firmware updates (I've no experience with this, though I've seen the option in the application).

During my updates, there were moments when it felt like the process was stalled, but I just waited it out and everything did eventually complete.
2017-8-25
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.4
Canada

Firmware is software for the specific hardware. Also, be patient with the update. Even on a PC with DJI Assistant, the final steps (near 97%) can take several minutes.
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi and thanks for chipping in. When I say stuck, I mean for half an hour. I found what the fast flashing yellow lights mean - Spark has lost contact with the RC. It gave me a message about reconnecting to WiFi and that's when it all went haywire.
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dave-r Posted at 2017-8-25 11:36

thanks, will do
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dave-r Posted at 2017-8-25 11:36

Sorry, where do I find that? Battery nearly flat now this is taking so long :-(
2017-8-25
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 11:42
Sorry, where do I find that? Battery nearly flat now this is taking so long :-(

Turn the spark off. Turn it back on and hold the power button till it beeps 3 times to reset the wifi. Connect to the spark with your phone and open the DJI Go app. (Ignore the rc for now) See if it retires the update.
2017-8-25
Use props
Andre_in_SanDie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150325 ft
United States

http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Andre_in_SanDie Posted at 2017-8-25 11:54
http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Thanks! So it's software for your PC.
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-25 11:46
Turn the spark off. Turn it back on and hold the power button till it beeps 3 times to reset the wifi. Connect to the spark with your phone and open the DJI Go app. (Ignore the rc for now) See if it retires the update.

Thanks. Will try that once it is charged. But possibly not until tomorrow. I need a G&T!
2017-8-25
Use props
Andre_in_SanDie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150325 ft
United States

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 11:56
Thanks! So it's software for your PC.

That is correct
2017-8-25
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-25 11:58
Thanks. Will try that once it is charged. But possibly not until tomorrow. I need a G&T!

This worked a trick, thank you. As soon as the WiFi reconnected it finished the update within seconds.
2017-8-26
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Feel a real dingbat for asking about the software or hardware - it had been a long day!
2017-8-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Travel With Kat Posted at 2017-8-26 00:18
Feel a real dingbat for asking about the software or hardware - it had been a long day!

I must say some things seem rather complicated indeed!
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nice to hear that you have figured it out with the help of warmhearted members. Happy flying!
2017-8-26
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-26 20:19
Nice to hear that you have figured it out with the help of warmhearted members. Happy flying!

Thank you, Susan. Such a lovely community with so many offering help to us newbies.
2017-8-27
Use props
Spaners
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

Don't forget that you will need to update the firmware for each battery too.
when I did this connected with wifi from phone to spark,on my second battery it did not prompt an update.(no matter what I did) and yes I had latest app update installed.
only when I connected the spark with the second battery and connected to DJI assistant 2 did it do the update.
another poster said order of updates should be spark then batteries then RC then NFZ's. I did spark to RC to Phone (wifi) on my first update of the new firmware, that's when it would not update second battery
2017-8-27
Use props
Travel With Kat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Spaners Posted at 2017-8-27 03:47
Don't forget that you will need to update the firmware for each battery too.
when I did this connected with wifi from phone to spark,on my second battery it did not prompt an update.(no matter what I did) and yes I had latest app update installed.
only when I connected the spark with the second battery and connected to DJI assistant 2 did it do the update.

Thanks, Spaner. The NFZ wanted to update first. Then I did both batteries and then RC and all seems ok.
2017-8-28
Use props
JoeCec
First Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules