Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying close to NFZ getting warnings, lost signal, then what ?
1641 8 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans825c0532
Second Officer
Flight distance : 341355 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So what happens if my mavic enters into a red bubble area? I get a message that says RTH and flight will be restricted.
If I lose signal, the mavic will just hover until batter is low, and then it will attempt to land?
Has any one tried?
2017-8-25
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Your Mavic shouldn't let you enter an NFZ, but should it anyway, say, from a transient GPS error or due to a push from a strong wind, it will attempt to land. If you haven't lost signal, you can try to fly it back out of the NFZ. At least, that was my experience with the earlier firmware.

If you lose signal while it is hovering at the NFZ edge, it will execute whatever low-battery setting you have configured it for, landing or RTH.

2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

When you approaching the NFZ, the drone will slow down and hover; In case that you enter the NFZ when GPS signal is not good, the aircraft will land once it regained the GPS.
2017-8-26
Use props
fans825c0532
Second Officer
Flight distance : 341355 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thank you
2017-8-30
Use props
fans8aafe5c7
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-26 22:14
When you approaching the NFZ, the drone will slow down and hover; In case that you enter the NFZ when GPS signal is not good, the aircraft will land once it regained the GPS.

Had a near disaster yesterday because I guess the "unlocking" is not well explained.  I had gone through the unlock process and was in the middle of the three days.  Went to fly and hit the two buttons to confirm I was authorized and accoountable.  Hit confirm.   Well, it is not clear that once you have done that you should get an unlocked msg...  figured I had gotten the unlock the day before and that was it.

So the drone took off (why if I had not been confirmed) and I flew around for about 10 minutes, out OVER WATER when I get a message "will be landing in 18 seconds"  and it started a countdown!!  So I picture my Mavic going down in salt water and never to be seen again.  I was given an option (I think) to stop the landing but it didn't take.  I headed for home in a hurry and was very fortunate the tide was out...  and I was able to crash land on a bed of seaweed.  THIS IS NOT A NICE BEHAVIOR, DJI!!!

If you want to prevent people from flying in a NFZ is one thing, but to do a force landing without recourse is going to cause people to lose their drones.  Really PO'd at DJI.  And getting the UNLOCK is also too involved and time-consuming and there is little documentation on the process.

I think you need to revisit the process!!
2017-9-18
Use props
fans8aafe5c7
lvl.1
United States

fans8aafe5c7 Posted at 2017-9-18 08:56
Had a near disaster yesterday because I guess the "unlocking" is not well explained.  I had gone through the unlock process and was in the middle of the three days.  Went to fly and hit the two buttons to confirm I was authorized and accoountable.  Hit confirm.   Well, it is not clear that once you have done that you should get an unlocked msg...  figured I had gotten the unlock the day before and that was it.

So the drone took off (why if I had not been confirmed) and I flew around for about 10 minutes, out OVER WATER when I get a message "will be landing in 18 seconds"  and it started a countdown!!  So I picture my Mavic going down in salt water and never to be seen again.  I was given an option (I think) to stop the landing but it didn't take.  I headed for home in a hurry and was very fortunate the tide was out...  and I was able to crash land on a bed of seaweed.  THIS IS NOT A NICE BEHAVIOR, DJI!!!

How about providing a PIN code that is good for the 3 day period...   that wouldn't require an internet connection each time you fly?    Or some other method whereby people don't need a connection..  I think my problem above was due to a weak or non-existent internet connection.
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans8aafe5c7 Posted at 2017-9-18 08:56

I understand your concern completely. The aircraft will land when it received the GPS signal and know where it is. Please make sure there are enough GPS signal when you take-off.
2017-9-21
Use props
Bmarsh
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-21 03:32
I understand your concern completely. The aircraft will land when it received the GPS signal and know where it is. Please make sure there are enough GPS signal when you take-off.

There was plenty GPS signal...  that could not be the problem.  If I had to guess... i'd say  1)  I never got unlocked even though I clicked on the two items of being authorized and accountable...  and confirming... but I never got any message that those items had been accepted, or  2)  I was unlocked within the NFZ but then went slightly outside the zone and when I returned to the NFZ  it decided I wasn't authorized to be there.  In either case, I don't know what more I could have done and I am forever thankful that I didn't lose the drone.  But I am scared to death to ever deal with a NFZ again!!!

Thanks DJI for making your drones so much fun to fly and useful.....
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bmarsh Posted at 2017-9-21 16:16
There was plenty GPS signal...  that could not be the problem.  If I had to guess... i'd say  1)  I never got unlocked even though I clicked on the two items of being authorized and accountable...  and confirming... but I never got any message that those items had been accepted, or  2)  I was unlocked within the NFZ but then went slightly outside the zone and when I returned to the NFZ  it decided I wasn't authorized to be there.  In either case, I don't know what more I could have done and I am forever thankful that I didn't lose the drone.  But I am scared to death to ever deal with a NFZ again!!!

Thanks DJI for making your drones so much fun to fly and useful.....

Thanks for clarification! For unlock issue, please contact the Flysafe Team via flysafe@dji.com for further assistance.
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules