Best ND filters?
2774 14 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roryd123
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Guys,

I've got a Phantom 3 Standard and love it! Before having it i've never really been into creating films but now I'm kind of addicted I want to make them look as awesome as possible and am interested in getting ND filters. Can anyone recommend any good ones? As I said im pretty new to this whole thing so I've got no idea!

Thanks guys

2017-8-25
Use props
epicdoom0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

Im using these and they are fantastic https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
they fit with friction and are fairly light weight they have made my pics and video look amazing
2017-8-25
Use props
Oeromilk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60554 ft
United States

I just ordered those from amazon the other day and will let you know how they do. My first set of ND filters too. I will show a comparison video of with-out and with if you would like.
2017-8-25
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

What filters are used for what?.cant wait to see your comparison
2017-8-26
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

filters are the only way to control the amount of light into the camera sensor since the aperture is fixed wide open. I mostly use the Polarizing filter as it suits my needs well for most of the situations I film and take pics for.
I'm not photographer by and stretch. This article should help shed some light on what the filters do for your photography
https://www.theschoolofphotograp ... guide-for-beginners
2017-8-27
Use props
roof55NO
lvl.1

Norway

Well, what issue to use filters? Photos? No filter are needed. Video clips? yehh. especially when you use CAM without mechanic shooter, as all P3 series behavior. Look at P4 Pro.  The spec are best you can obtain, bigger sensor-1", and mechanic shutter, vs P3 electronic shutter. What I'm talking about, the mechanical shutter; it only records light while the shutter is open and bleeds off charge when it is closed. Brilliant!

And P3 shutter; as light continuously hits the sensor, when the exposure is started, additional circuitry has to accumulate the number of photons captured (there is no light /dark of the mechanical shutter here) The amount of light in each photodetector is a counted during the exposure window. This circuitry is built into the photodetector, and this takes up space, reducing the overall area that can be used to capture photons; this in turn reduces sensitivity and requires more amplification, and it's means higher noise.

In other words, mechanic shooter "are you ND filter",  and to avoid the effect "Rolling shutter eg. Jello effect", you need ND filter for electronics shutter, and versus P4 pro, no needed. An what are best ND filter? It becomes to your wallet, see at amazon/eBay approx 10 box, it's cheep, but it's destroyed your good frames quality. In my mention, got for SRP filter, Polar Pro. Not cheep, but it works!

2017-8-27
Use props
Epicdoom 1
lvl.4
United States

the filters help control light getting to the sensor since the aperture on these drones are fixed and not adjustable on the P3 units.  filters on my cam help all my pictures from being washed out especially over water I take a lot of pictures and comparing the photos before and after with filters there is a noticeable difference in whats washed out and not. before I get the filters I wasn't impressed with the photo quality compared to my gopro units read some info on using the filters on these cams and bought a set night and day difference for me and the pictures I take.  
2017-8-27
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Do you need to remove the stock lens cover on the P3 S before putting ND filter on ?
2017-8-29
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

stuka75 Posted at 2017-8-29 06:33
Do you need to remove the stock lens cover on the P3 S before putting ND filter on ?

You can't remove it.
2017-8-29
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

stuka75 Posted at 2017-8-29 06:33

cant be removed on the standard the filters I posted friction fit over the end and hold very well I like to push them on with a twisting motion to insure they seat all the way on and are aligned perfectly.
the P34K uses a screw off type but I found the lenses also friction fit that camera as well so no need to remove that lens cover and allow dirt into it
2017-8-29
Use props
Oeromilk
lvl.1
United States

Here is a comparison of the filter on then off.

First thing we noticed right away is more true color being picked up and items moving through the frame more smoothly instead of choppy.

This is just a small sample that I flew real quick. would be even better with more time and better location.

2017-9-1
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

looks good Brother,  you like them ? I'm pretty happy with the set I bought. I switched the camera settings to vivid and with the filters I get much nicer colors way less washout with more detail. The best thing I like is my video while moving in flight became crystal clear on my tablet, it was like looking through water when Id approach buildings with a noticeable blurriness before I put filters on my cam. I showed that to my nephew and then installed a filter and it vanished instantly he immediately got on his phone and ordered a set lol
2017-9-2
Use props
Oeromilk
lvl.1
United States

So far this kit has been worth every penny! Seriously makes the 2.7k sensor even better. It definitely makes the image more clear and the "jitters" and "stutters" go away. If you fly this drone you NEED these, IMHO.
2017-9-2
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

Oeromilk Posted at 2017-9-2 13:32
So far this kit has been worth every penny! Seriously makes the 2.7k sensor even better. It definitely makes the image more clear and the "jitters" and "stutters" go away. If you fly this drone you NEED these, IMHO.

Agree 100% Brother Glad they are working out for you They are nice and light weight too so that's also a plus.
2017-9-2
Use props
djiuser_YmW7E9B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386086 ft
United States

I just ordered a set of 6 ND filters from wish.com for $18.00. Can't wait to use them.
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules