Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI, are you working on a rollback version firmware?
12Next >
4766 71 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Agent7837
lvl.1
Canada

DJI, Since 2017-07-06 after we (almost all users) did the update to the new Firmware in each component as the Remote control, DJI Go app and our Phantom 3 Pro and for all other users using different type of drones, and after we received pretty much all those errors messages (i.e. ESC error, Battery low, not connected, no transmission signal...etc), many user can not even turn on there drone. Can you tell us now if your are expecting to release soon and update at least for a rollback firmware? The new firmware version locked us and we can't do it anymore. As you know with thousand of messages on the DJI Forum, we are many users who kept our drone off since over a month now and this has to stop. We can not wait until april 2018 for the next update because this situation is presently unacceptable. We are looking forward to hear and see an upcoming positive solution from your business. We are in 2017 and there are good engeneers and programmers to fix this.
2017-8-25
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157083 ft
France

Hello from France,

i am also a P3P user, so far happy, but since this update, also an unhappy user.
So please soon fix this firmware for the best of all users !

Thank,

Fabrice
2017-8-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Agent78,

Did DJI say there is a problem with your firmware or are you assuming that there is a problem?  My P3P works just fine and is up-to-date.  Unless DJI has stated that there is a problem with the firmware and that they are working on it, you are going to have to solve your problem.  No one else will be able to solve your problem because the problem is with your system.

Unless DJI has stated that they are working on a solution, you will be waiting forever for a fix.  You may as well as sell your Phantom.  If DJI has not said they are working on a fix, your problem is something you can fix on your own.  Just ask questions so you can fix your problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-25
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.1
France

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-25 22:17
Aloha Agent78,

Did DJI say there is a problem with your firmware or are you assuming that there is a problem?  My P3P works just fine and is up-to-date.  Unless DJI has stated that there is a problem with the firmware and that they are working on it, you are going to have to solve your problem.  No one else will be able to solve your problem because the problem is with your system.

yes good question, but experience issues since the day i made the update, no issues before, so question is, what change after update 1.11.20 ?

Have video lags, videos transmission issues, reset of the settings mode RC, some sporadics issues that absolutely not happen in the version before. So for me it is not a hardware defect of my P3P, but some problems inside the firmware and software combination.

We are to much users here with the same issues since the installation of the last firmware. So yes, for me it is that. The firmware and the software is certainly the problem. But i have no try a rollback, just read here that this no work anymore because of protection agains piracy.

If you give me a tip to go back to the previous version, i would be happy. Right now, my P3 can fly but i have still many issues during the usage.

Thank for any help,

Fabrice
2017-8-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Fabrice57 Posted at 2017-8-25 22:48
yes good question, but experience issues since the day i made the update, no issues before, so question is, what change after update 1.11.20 ?

Have video lags, videos transmission issues, reset of the settings mode RC, some sporadics issues that absolutely not happen in the version before. So for me it is not a hardware defect of my P3P, but some problems inside the firmware and software combination.

Aloha Fabrice,

Good, you want to solve your problem.  This is the right approach.  When people have problems with a firmware update they often refer to the "fact" that the system worked before, so it is not a hardware problem with the Phantom or the Remote Controller.  Therefore it must be the firmware.  But, that is not all the facts.  There can be problems with the delivery of the firmware.  The firmware is fine, it is how the firmware is put in the computer that is creating problems.

The normal DJI drone system is usually a flying network of three computers, the bird, the remote controller and the Android or iOS device that hosts the app, DJI GO or DJI GO 4.  DJI can control how the bird and the remote controller handle or manage the firmware, but the installation of the firmware can also cause problems.  The firmware is still in great form, it is the installation that can create problems.  On rare occasion, the error correction of the download process has a fault.  Obvious problem, but easily solved by downloading again with a different method.

One problem I have here in Hawai'i is my Internet access.  It is terrible.  In the beginning my downloads had problems with Internet strength.  Once I had a fan running close by on a hot day and that stopped a download.  I had to download in steps and fortunately for me the error correction worked well enough to eventually resolve my issues.  You just keep downloading, refreshing and reinstalling the same firmware so the error correction can fix the problems.

In fact this approach is the basic approach to solving a firmware problem.  The repeated refreshing of the firmware improves the installation.  Often the error correction in the firmware requires steps to repair a problem with the installation.  If there are three parts to the installation problem, then the firmware requires three refreshes or re-installations to solve each problem in steps.  DJI installation methods always allow you to refresh the existing firmware, even when a roll-back is no longer an option.  Use it.

Finally, new firmware almost always is more demanding of the three computers.  The Android or iOS device is real critical here.  If your device is older than two years and has less than 2 GB of RAM and a single processor, rather than a multi-processor, the device will be a source of problems.  The firmware and installation can be perfect, but the device is now working too hard, maybe it overheats, or has too many apps running and downloading so it stresses the processor and RAM to the extent that there are problems.  You can disable apps running in the background and downloading to reduce the burden on the processor and RAM.  You can also try airplane mode, to cut out background downloading, as a test.

In summary, the firmware can be brilliant and solid, but other problems within the control of the DJI customer can lead to problems.  Solving those problems are also within the abilities of the DJI customer.  But, if you do not have the patience, or the time, to do the job, you can pay DJI to fix the problem for you.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-26
Use props
monstermash
Flight distance : 26240 ft
Canada

No expert here but the above comment seems like one good solid piece of info, thank you for taking the time to write this up.
2017-8-26
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.1
Canada

Cetacean, don't tell me that all users are now have to turn off there fans or other devices off when they download a firmware. Tell us why the firmware are not working good as the previous version and why we can not anymore rollback to the old firmware. You shouldn't respond to this thread if you do not have any issue because you don't have a clu about what we as a user are encoutered since the last firmware. Are you working for DJI ? If your answer is NO, let those professional answering the questions!
2017-8-26
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.1
Australia

Sent you a PM
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I do not think the issue is caused by firmware update as we didn't get many similar feedback recently. I would recommend you to describe your main problem and troubleshooting detailedly, so that we can check the exact status.
2017-8-26
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-26 19:48
I do not think the issue is caused by firmware update as we didn't get many similar feedback recently. I would recommend you to describe your main problem and troubleshooting detailedly, so that we can check the exact status.

Susan, if it's not a firmware problem then why is it after I rolled back to version 602 (without DJI's help) on my P4 that it flies perfectly again? Also, there are many with this problem and you say "not many?" I don't understand. We would like to have our Phantoms flying properly again and no one from DJI is giving us any help. Why is that?
2017-8-26
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.1
France

Dear Susan, dji Team,

to try to give you better informations what happen, please found some details.

My actual configuration :

Phantom P3 Pro,
3 flight batteries,
Smartphone Google Nexus 5 (2GB RAM, 3.5GB storage free), Android version 6.0.1,
This Smartphone is dedicated only to flight, no many apps on it.

Version App dji Go : 3.1.10
P3Pro : 1.11.20
RC : 1.9.2
Serial Flight Controller starting with 03Z0249...

I flight with this configuration since the beginning of the purchasing here in France
(purchased in September 2015).

Basicaly i done most of the updates few days after publishing, without taking care on comments or feedbacks on forum
as long the firmware is still available on the dji website, in fact i checked since when is online.

So i do the same for this last version. I no use to much the advanced flight mode, i just flight with the RC controller
and take pictures and videos directly.

Experience just after the update issues like :

- need to rebind after update the rc and the P3Pro, done from the Go App in Remote Controller Settings - Linking RC,
( i not used the button combination from the rc to rebind).
- few settings was needed after the update, at this time the Go App was not the 3.1.10 but 3.1.8 if i remember correctly.
- Go App version 3.1.10 was published later after my update,
- made no IMU calibration, just the compass calibration if i change my flight place,

During flights :

- receive warnings about image quality,
- image freeze for few short time on the go app,
- remote control not always linked with P3Pro on power on, need to power off both and repower,
- lost settings from Mode 1 to Mode 2, the rc was not anymore in my right flight setting mode,
- long time response by changing settings for picture (for example in flight, changing Style from None to D-Log take time),

I just charging the batterie and try new flights here (if meteo is ok), to check if possible to give your another details.

Hope this help,

Fabrice

2017-8-26
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.1
France

I will give you also the log file from the hidden folder, and the root folder.

Fabrice

LOG.zip

3.65 KB, Down times: 5

2017-8-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Agent7837 Posted at 2017-8-26 02:39
Cetacean, don't tell me that all users are now have to turn off there fans or other devices off when they download a firmware. Tell us why the firmware are not working good as the previous version and why we can not anymore rollback to the old firmware. You shouldn't respond to this thread if you do not have any issue because you don't have a clu about what we as a user are encoutered since the last firmware. Are you working for DJI ? If your answer is NO, let those professional answering the questions!

Aloha Agent78,

As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink.  Hopefully, Susan can help you with your problem.  You may not want to discard my comments though as you may eventually benefit from them as many others have.  You just need to make sense of them regarding your own situation.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Fabrice57 Posted at 2017-8-26 22:21
I will give you also the log file from the hidden folder, and the root folder.

Fabrice

Aloha Fabrice,

This is an interesting case.  Your device appears to have way more than enough power to handle the DJI GO app.  But as an experiment, see if you can borrow a newer and powerful Android device and load DJI GO on it for testing (it can be deleted afterward).  My reasoning here is that your device came out in 2013, so it is 4 years old.  It is running Android 6.0.1 though, so that may balance out the age factor.  If it can be done and the performance improves, then there may be something to it.  If it does not, that would still be valuable information.

Keep working on this.  The need to rebind is normal after an update.  It happened to me to with this one and earlier ones.  It is always good practice to check settings like Mode 1 and Mode 2, also RTH altitude and all the rest after a firmware update.  So those are normal results of an update and are even mentioned in the DJI update guidelines.

The delay in changing photo settings can happen after updating.  Sometimes they get faster and sometimes they get slower.  You need to adjust so you can plan for it.  These types of problems are fixed in future updates if you bring them to the attention of DJI engineers.  

Now the linking problem is real interesting.  I have seen the DJI recommended sequence for start-up (improved binding) change three times with my P3P.  In my own case, I just bought Litchi and now have a whole new bunch of sequences and problems to deal with.  Be flexible and figure out what sequence works best for your set-up.  Today, I had to do the old reliable take out the USB cable and plug it back in again!  Eventually, my Litchi system will smooth out as I learn how to adapt it for improved performance.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-26
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.1
France

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-26 23:20
Aloha Fabrice,

This is an interesting case.  Your device appears to have way more than enough power to handle the DJI GO app.  But as an experiment, see if you can borrow a newer and powerful Android device and load DJI GO on it for testing (it can be deleted afterward).  My reasoning here is that your device came out in 2013, so it is 4 years old.  It is running Android 6.0.1 though, so that may balance out the age factor.  If it can be done and the performance improves, then there may be something to it.  If it does not, that would still be valuable information.

The point for testing with another device is possible, i have a new one, also with the app already installed on it (Huewai P9), so the test will be possible. As soon the meteo is better here, i will test.
Even to be honest, i no want to change the device for the flights, i expect that the Nexus 5 is powerfull enough. I am also a user of Litchi, but as far my issues are not solved with dji environnement, i no wanted to try more.

Fabrice
2017-8-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Fabrice57 Posted at 2017-8-27 00:18
The point for testing with another device is possible, i have a new one, also with the app already installed on it (Huewai P9), so the test will be possible. As soon the meteo is better here, i will test.
Even to be honest, i no want to change the device for the flights, i expect that the Nexus 5 is powerfull enough. I am also a user of Litchi, but as far my issues are not solved with dji environnement, i no wanted to try more.

Aloha Fabrice,

Your point is well taken.  The only reason is just to test the question.  I have two tablets for different Phantom models but my P3P tablet is too weak for the P4P.  Good luck with your test!

Meteo is the weather, like meteorology?  I was curious in your earlier post about meteo.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-27
Use props
TxRider
New
Flight distance : 5118 ft

United States

I've been having the same problem on all style of tablets...poor video signal and have never had this problem in the past....when going through my googles from remote HDMI to Goggles HDMI the picture is perfect !!

Hopefully another upgrade will be coming out soon to fix this problem.

Ken
2017-8-27
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.1
France

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-27 01:09
Aloha Fabrice,

Your point is well taken.  The only reason is just to test the question.  I have two tablets for different Phantom models but my P3P tablet is too weak for the P4P.  Good luck with your test!

Yes sorry, it's my french nice translation mistake, we say meteo for the weather outside
2017-8-27
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.1
France

So now few reports,

I made 2 tests flights. The first one was with the device Huewai P9 and the second with the Google Nexus 5.

Had some difficulties to link the Go App with the P9 and the systems, but after activating USB debugging on the smartphone,
the link between the RC and the smartphone was ok. So i made the first flight.

No issues in 2 minutes, image was fine, no message, nothing. So i land the P3P, keep the P3P and the RC on, and
replace the device with the Nexus5.

No issues for connecting the device with the RC. He ask for the application that should be use (Litchi or dji GO app).
So i choose the GO app. Take off and i flight the same. Few seconds later i saw the first red message on the smartphone.
And again, and image fine, and again few of this red messages : image transition signal weak.

So i landed immediately the P3P and write this report. I will later make some other tests again, but i need now to leave.
Just few minutes testing and issues happen. I can't test longer range flights because i am in the town, but will test
long ranges as soon as possible.

Fabrice
2017-8-27
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Fabrice57 Posted at 2017-8-27 02:40
So now few reports,

I made 2 tests flights. The first one was with the device Huewai P9 and the second with the Google Nexus 5.

If Litchi is running in background on Nexus5 this is normal.
You have to force stop Litchi if you use Go app and same goes for Go app if you use Litchi.
These Apps don't work well if both are running.
2017-8-27
Use props
fans2dc3f7d5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 306060 ft
United States

Amen!!!!! Get your act together DJI.
2017-8-27
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.1
France

G_Sig Posted at 2017-8-27 03:21
If Litchi is running in background on Nexus5 this is normal.
You have to force stop Litchi if you use Go app and same goes for Go app if you use Litchi.
These Apps don't work well if both are running.

No worry, Litchi was not running in the background. But thank for the tipp.

Fabrice
2017-8-27
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.1
France

Just back at home, and retest with the Nexus 5. Before the flight, i desinstall 5 apps no needed to give more power to the Nexus 5.

But not better, still the message image transmition signal weak. So i decide to try with Litchi.
I have on the Nexus 5 the version 4.1.2 of Litchi app.

Flight few minutes on the same place at this morning, without issues at all with Litchi !

Next steps, trying long range...

Fabrice
2017-8-27
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.1
Canada

When i just try to start the motors, i can't because error showing ESC error... even if i try to shut off, turn on everything, there is nothing but this ESC message. Impossible to fly. Few weeks ago, sometimes i was able to start the drone and fly but was getting all error messages spoken before. If we can just get a rollback firmware... One topic said something like '' P3P repaired and back home''. I read this thread and found out that DJI DIDN'T install the new firmware 1.11.20 but the version 1.10.09 FW. And also there is a quote from the Repair Docket says ''FW update fails all the time. It happens really often with P3 Pro. We apologise for this''. So DJI Susan, can you confirm what does this note left in the Repair Docket mean because I am lost when you say in few past message here, that problems are not cause by the new firmware.  It's intersting to read when he states, ''Got it home... all spick and span. ''Flew fine''. WHy DJI didn't install the last version in Solentlife drone? Why Solentlife can run with a rollback firmware but not us?
2017-8-27
Use props
fansdf21b5d5
New
United States

I have updated the firmware on my Phantom 4 Advanced and now when flying, after about 2-3 mins in it los all GPS signal and returns compass errors.  I have recalibrate the imu and compass, all see no improvement.  The drone flys very erratically and the camera will tilt.  I don't know what in the world happened with this new firmware but how can I go back to the old version.  I had zero problems until the update.  I've emailed DJI but haven't heard back yet.  Any suggestions?
2017-8-27
Use props
fansdf21b5d5
New
United States

Oh and I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus running DJI GO 4 app
2017-8-27
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.1
Canada

The big mistake to do was what you had done by updated with the new firmware. Now your are welcome with us with many many and many users who will have to keep there drone home. I am trying hard to get a rollback firmware with DJI (susan is involved in this thread here).  The firmware don't just affect us but the Phantom 4 as well. We hope DJI will do something soon.
2017-8-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TxRider Posted at 2017-8-27 01:09
I've been having the same problem on all style of tablets...poor video signal and have never had this problem in the past....when going through my googles from remote HDMI to Goggles HDMI the picture is perfect !!

Hopefully another upgrade will be coming out soon to fix this problem.

Aloha Ken,

Your comment is an indication of a stressed device.  Try this and see if it gets better.  Go into HD and select Custom.  Pick the lowest bar for the 2.4 GHZ band or if you have a P4 Pro, pick the 5.8 GHz and lowest bar in the band selection.  Then go to the bitrate and move the slider at least one setting to the left (lower bitrate).  See if the live feed video improves.

If there is improvement, there are two things you can do; get a newer and more powerful device, or go into the device settings and delete any apps you do not need to fly with DJI GO 4.  Also stop programs from operating and downloading in the background.  An easy test for this is put the device in Airplane Mode before flying.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Fabrice57 Posted at 2017-8-27 02:39
Yes sorry, it's my french nice translation mistake, we say meteo for the weather outside

Aloha Fabrice,

Quick question, have you signed into the DJI servers since you updated your firmware?  DJI has a one time registration update requirement with one of the last updates.  Maybe just in case it might help if you synced your flight records or otherwise logged out and then logged in to the DJI servers.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-27
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Since the last update I had nothing but problems with my android device, situation was a little bit better with my Ipad Air 2. As I write down my daily experiences with my bird I can pinpoint exactly what happened and when. Suddenly I saw new cracks and all 4 motors and decided to try the unsurpassed DJI service again. The repair was free, aside from some gimbal parts, because they noticed it wasn't straight. I politely asked if they could not roll back to the previous firmware since they were opening up the bird. No, that was impossible, the policy is they all leave with the latest version.
Got the bird back, looked very new, the fan on the gimbal was now black and before it was white.
Flew wonderful with my Ipad Air2, and flew even more wonderful with my Nexus. What happened ?????  
They've  put the 1.10.90 on my P3P !!!!!
I got an official downgrade !!!
No video garble, no lag, all apps open, no more upgrade for me.
Thank you DJI.

2017-8-27
Use props
SkyCamera
lvl.1
United States

My case is even worse.

after upgrading my P3P to 01.11.0020. my RC link is down.
RC has 1.9.2 firmware and App is 3.1.15

tried but no way to downgrade the firmware.
I can't fly now.  
2017-8-27
Use props
SkyCamera
lvl.1
United States

here is the upgrade log:

[00012768]========== remo-con disconnect. boot(15) ============
[00012838]Packet [C:\P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin] detected, card sn [0x88994322].
[00012909]Packet upgrade start...

[00012981]Packet checking...
[00013054]Packet vlink 01.11.0020 <-> 01.11.0020.
[00013125]Record vlink 01.10.0090 <-> 01.10.0090 (flow = 0).
[00013197]Done.

[00013268]Version checking[1]...
[00013402][03 06][00] v2.4.20.28 -> v2.4.20.50 need upgrade.
[00013518][03 05][00] v34.2.0.9 -> v34.2.0.9
[00013605][04 00][00] v1.48.0.0 -> v1.48.0.0
[00013758][11 00][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v1.8.0.0
[00013918][11 01][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v2.0.0.33, firmware v1.8.0.0 not support.
[00013990][11 01][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v2.0.0.33
[00014111][12 00][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0 need upgrade.
[00014258][12 01][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0 need upgrade.
[00014417][12 02][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0 need upgrade.
[00014550][12 03][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0 need upgrade.
[00014725][15 00][00] v1.1.2.0 -> v1.1.2.0
[00014846][17 00][00] v1.1.1.7 -> v1.1.1.7
[00015006][17 01][00] v1.0.2.7 -> v1.0.2.7
[00015097][19 00][00] v1.0.8.96 -> v1.0.8.96
[00015170][01 00][00] v1.32.5432 -> v1.32.5432
[00015242][01 01][00] v1.32.5432 -> v1.32.5432
[00015323][08 00][00] v0.13.0.7 -> v0.13.0.7
[00015437][09 00][00] v3.0.0.10 -> v4.1.0.0 need upgrade.
[00015508]Done.

[00017580]Waiting for user confirm...
[00027648]Timeout, start upgrade automatically.

[00027902]Firmware upgrading[1]...
[00027987][12 00] Firmware upgrade start...
[00085336][12 00] Firmware upgrade finished successfully.
[00085424][12 01] Firmware upgrade start...
[00144554][12 01] Firmware upgrade finished successfully.
[00144637][12 02] Firmware upgrade start...
[00205235][12 02] Firmware upgrade finished successfully.
[00205316][12 03] Firmware upgrade start...
[00261546][12 03] Firmware upgrade finished successfully.
[00261935][03 06] Firmware upgrade start...
[00653260][03 06] Firmware upgrade finished successfully.
[00653357][09 00] Firmware upgrade start...
[00705568][09 00] Firmware upgrade finished successfully.
[00705641]Done.

[00705716]Version checking[2]...
[00705841][03 06][05] v2.4.20.50 -> v2.4.20.50
[00705960][03 05][00] v34.2.0.9 -> v34.2.0.9
[00706042][04 00][00] v1.48.0.0 -> v1.48.0.0
[00706201][11 00][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v1.8.0.0
[00706359][11 01][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v2.0.0.33, firmware v1.8.0.0 not support.
[00706435][11 01][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v2.0.0.33
[00706549][12 00][05] v1.12.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0
[00706669][12 01][05] v1.12.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0
[00706800][12 02][05] v1.12.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0
[00706930][12 03][05] v1.12.0.0 -> v1.12.0.0
[00707096][15 00][00] v1.1.2.0 -> v1.1.2.0
[00707229][17 00][00] v1.1.1.7 -> v1.1.1.7
[00707384][17 01][00] v1.0.2.7 -> v1.0.2.7
[00707479][19 00][00] v1.0.8.96 -> v1.0.8.96
[00707555][01 00][00] v1.32.5432 -> v1.32.5432
[00707631][01 01][00] v1.32.5432 -> v1.32.5432
[00707723][08 00][00] v0.13.0.7 -> v0.13.0.7
[00707820][09 00][05] v4.1.0.0 -> v4.1.0.0
[00707894]Packet upgrade finish successfully.
2017-8-27
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.1
Canada

After reading up message #30 and #24 on this thread, this is confirming the version Firmware 01.10.0090 works lots better than the last. DJI create a patch something to make use able to rollback the firmware! We start to see more users who confirmed it. What do you need more?
2017-8-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Agent7837 Posted at 2017-8-27 14:46
After reading up message #30 and #24 on this thread, this is confirming the version Firmware 01.10.0090 works lots better than the last. DJI create a patch something to make use able to rollback the firmware! We start to see more users who confirmed it. What do you need more?

Before I start, don't shoot the messenger. DJI will not enable a rollback, you will find this mentioned many times in past threads. In previous versions, hackers found a way around the safety restrictions, and as a result, DJI had to change the software to prevent it happening in the future. All pleas since then have been met with stony silence.
2017-8-27
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.1
Canada

I agree Geebax and understand why DJI put something in the new FW version to prevent hackers but with this action, lots of users are now affected and it shouln't happen. Why engeneer at DJI don't create a rollback firmware with the same patch against hackers for the ones who encouter lots of problem with the last FW? SImple is that? We need help, this is a serious situation. Hope someone will find something, I am just lost with all this... I can't even start my drone.
2017-8-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Agent7837 Posted at 2017-8-27 15:59
I agree Geebax and understand why DJI put something in the new FW version to prevent hackers but with this action, lots of users are now affected and it shouln't happen. Why engeneer at DJI don't create a rollback firmware with the same patch against hackers for the ones who encouter lots of problem with the last FW? SImple is that? We need help, this is a serious situation. Hope someone will find something, I am just lost with all this... I can't even start my drone.

I think the simple answer is that DJI will more like go forward, fixing the issues that people are having.
2017-8-27
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.1
Canada

Will see. I will try to reach them somehow..
2017-8-27
Use props
fans0b95593d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53573 ft
United States

How can I reinstall the latest update again. The first attempt was successful  but with issues ( 3 Standard)
2017-8-27
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.1
France

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-27 12:36
Aloha Fabrice,

Quick question, have you signed into the DJI servers since you updated your firmware?  DJI has a one time registration update requirement with one of the last updates.  Maybe just in case it might help if you synced your flight records or otherwise logged out and then logged in to the DJI servers.

Yes, normaly i am signed in (in both Smartphone devices). My flights data are also sync with dji server. Including the flights yesterday.
2017-8-27
Use props
gimmeabreak
New
Flight distance : 15971 ft
United States

Took a 600 mile trip last week to film a rafting event. 2 separate Phantom3Pros, 2 separate tablets. Loaded the latest firmware before the trip (August 2017). Got there and BOTH birds would not fly beyond "Beginner Mode" range. WTFdji, I've been flying your birds since Phantom 1 in 2013 and 8 birds since. Too late for that trip, but I'm sure you have a solution?
2017-8-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules