Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can not take RAW photos
1929 16 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans17de2f92
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58806 ft
Indonesia

Since update the firmware my mavic can not take RAW photos, but on JPG works just fine so when i took photos on JPG+RAW only JPG i can see the photos but RAW Photos just black... anybody experience this issue?

2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you upload some original RAW pictures via Dropbox directly? We'd like to look into it.
2017-8-26
Use props
Tony911
lvl.2
Italy

Yes, it's true !
In Mac / MacbookPro, dng images, open with Preview are not displayed.
This has happened with update 900 and now with 1000 continues, the problem is reported in other forums by other Mac users.
2017-8-26
Use props
BeachDuc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29544 ft
Australia

This has been happening since .0800, which is why I'm still on .0700.  See this post for an ongoing sage: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid853228
2017-8-26
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Which software do you use to open the RAW file?
2017-8-27
Use props
Tony911
lvl.2
Italy

Up to Update 800, the DNG files in PREWIEV and PHOTO (Mac) opened up perfectly, when I was gone to 900, the problem started.
Now, if I use PREWIEV and PHOTO, the photos are most shown, while using Mac Aurora HDR and Intensify programs, instead DNG files are opened without any problems.
2017-8-27
Use props
DronePix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765469 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-26 22:00
Could you upload some original RAW pictures via Dropbox directly? We'd like to look into it.

Apparently it has been reported to DJI before.

I do not know about the latest 100 firmware, as DJI has not been able to give us the reassurance that the RAW DNG problem is fixed in this latest firmware.

As DJI not allow downgrade to ver 700 (which seems to be the last firmware with working DNG), I have not other option but to stay with ver 900, which has problem with wrong thumbnail and black preview (at least in MacOS).

I may refer to one of the other thread about this issue: http://forum.dji.com/thread-102439-1-1.html
MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 vs. DNG?
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DronePix Posted at 2017-8-27 03:29
Apparently it has been reported to DJI before.

I do not know about the latest 100 firmware, as DJI has not been able to give us the reassurance that the RAW DNG problem is fixed in this latest firmware.

Our engineers are looking into this issue and hopefully they will figure it out soon.
2017-8-28
Use props
DronePix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765469 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-28 03:11
Our engineers are looking into this issue and hopefully they will figure it out soon.

Thanks DJI Susan!! Thanks for following this up!!
2017-8-28
Use props
Todd68
New

Singapore

I've had the same issue. Can take RAW images but once I try to open them up using LR or PS, I get errors saying the file is corrupted. Strange how movie files work just fine. And this was after the last update so now updating to the latest firmware. Fingers crossed this actually works.
2017-8-28
Use props
Tony911
lvl.2
Italy

Thanks for the attention Susan!
2017-8-28
Use props
Andicot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1137044 ft
Italy

Hi dear DJI Susan, my opinion about this bug is:
Almost everyone buys the mavic to make videos and photographs.
If the pictures are not properly saved this drone fails for half the purpose of being purchased, I think this bug should have a very high priority but after the 0800 firmware has not been fixed yet.
I no longer updated my drone firmware after version 0700 to avoid this problem and can use my drone for the purpose I bought it.
But now you have upgraded this application DJI GO and I get an error on the flight limitation because probably the firmware is not properly supported by the application.
2017-8-29
Use props
bobby1003
lvl.1
Indonesia

wow.... so many mavic user having this problem as well.... hopefully dji fix this problem
2017-8-29
Use props
toddbeltz
New

Singapore

Why is it that DJI refuses to address this issue? I have been in touch with customer support multiple times over the last few days and all that they can tell me is that their is no issue with the firmware and that it's an user issue, that probably my software is out of date. Strange how multiple people are experiencing the same thing when  yet my software is completely up to date.
2017-8-31
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

toddbeltz Posted at 2017-8-31 03:25
Why is it that DJI refuses to address this issue? I have been in touch with customer support multiple times over the last few days and all that they can tell me is that their is no issue with the firmware and that it's an user issue, that probably my software is out of date. Strange how multiple people are experiencing the same thing when  yet my software is completely up to date.

I assume it's because their support team all use PCs and haven't a clue how Macs work.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Todd68 Posted at 2017-8-28 04:12
I've had the same issue. Can take RAW images but once I try to open them up using LR or PS, I get errors saying the file is corrupted. Strange how movie files work just fine. And this was after the last update so now updating to the latest firmware. Fingers crossed this actually works.

I would recommend you backup the RAW pictures, then try to open it. If the issue appears, please send us your backup files directly so that our engineers can review and find the root cause soon.
2017-8-31
Use props
bobby1003
lvl.1
Indonesia

The last thing i did was reseting the camera from the mavic it worked the preview in my mac black only, but when i open from photoshop or lightroom it worked....
but still annyoing though

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 10.01.22 PM.png
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules