Tilting camera up
2557 16 2017-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Austria

When looking at the gimbal position of the camera in the go4 app I have noticed that the position never goes all the way (to the top and bottom). There seems to be some "room left"
When you take a pano with the function on the spark, the camera actually tilts up further than this! It seems to use the full potential of the gimbal.
How is this done? Is there some sort of trick? It would be great to be able to tilt the camera up slightly for manual panoramas!

I have noticed there is an option in the menu somewhere where you can tilt the camera, but it is for calibration... is this what the spark does or is there another way?
2017-8-26
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can’t tilt the camera upwards. This is locked by software. The Mavic is capable of doing this.
2017-8-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is probably because it needs some room to stabilize motion.
When it will tilt up or down to it's final position, the gimbal cannot compensate any motion.

And I can also imagine DJI has limited the gimbal motion to make the extra $ for the Mavic / Phantom worth it.
2017-8-26
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Austria

That's what I thought too. But when you let spark make a pano, it tilts the camera up! You can see it on the dji app. The final tilts further up than when you do it manually.
That's why I'm wondering if it's somehow possible
2017-8-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Of course it is. But disabled for manual use to give the gimbal some room to compensate. (Which is just the same as tilting manually)
I guess the pano mode does not need that.
2017-8-26
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can add 10 degrees to the stop position. Go to gimbal settings and click on Adjust Gimbal Pitch. The touch the up arrow until it says 10.0
2017-8-26
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Austria

Exactly. I saw there was an option in the settings to adjust the tilt, but it seems that its a "hack". I was wondering if there is another, easier way to do this.
But thanks anyways
2017-8-27
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It probably needs the headroom for sport mode, when the Spark is at a greater angle flying forwards.
2017-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nikp Posted at 2017-8-27 00:43
Exactly. I saw there was an option in the settings to adjust the tilt, but it seems that its a "hack". I was wondering if there is another, easier way to do this.
But thanks anyways

This setting is remembered right?
So when you change it, you can just tilt further up and down.
2017-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-27 01:33
It probably needs the headroom for sport mode, when the Spark is at a greater angle flying forwards.

I don't think so, as I believe the gimbal won't work when in Sports mode.
2017-8-27
Use props
SparkPete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83852 ft
Germany

On mine it goes up but only in tripod mode.

Maybe it is indeed correlated with max speed which is much lower on tripod mode.
2017-8-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It tilts up when it takes Panoramic pix, hopefully in the upcoming FW updates it will be unlock.
2017-8-27
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nikp Posted at 2017-8-27 00:43
But thanks anyways

How is it a "hack" when it is a setting that can be changed without bypassing or modifying anything?
I did it on mine, and it is remembered. Even through FW update.
2017-8-27
Use props
djiuser_F2J2SExkMZXA
New

South Africa

Tripod mode allows you to tilt the camera up. It's slow and painful but it works.
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, unfortunately, you cannot really tilt the gimbal all the way because the controllable range of the gimbal pitch of it is: -85° to 0°
2018-7-28
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-28 04:30
Hi, unfortunately, you cannot really tilt the gimbal all the way because the controllable range of the gimbal pitch of it is: -85° to 0°

As much as I hate to comment on VERY old threads bringing it to the top...
That is incorrect DJI Tony
The controllable range of the gimbal is much more than +0° in Tripod mode despite what the published specs say.
2018-7-28
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

pmshop Posted at 7-28 04:44
As much as I hate to comment on VERY old threads bringing it to the top...
That is incorrect DJI Tony
The controllable range of the gimbal is much more than +0° in Tripod mode despite what the published specs say.

As a matter of fact , you are right SIR.
And i am all about to laught when all and all DJI moderators try to force that you can't .
I did find it today after a one year of scratching my head.

TRIPOD MODE can go up to something like +15°
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules