Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Focus problems.
1262 8 2017-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhb112
lvl.1
United States

I've only had my mavic for around a week now, and I haven't taken a really close look at photo/video quality until the last 2 days or so.

Today I noticed my camera was out of focus.  I am using the current fw, have recatlibrated the gimbal/imu/compass quite a few times.  No matter what I did it would not focus.

I did notice after restarting my mavic the focus would work for a short time.  Before taking off I put a piece of paper about a foot in front of the camera and could see the writing crystal clear.  After flying around for maybe 10 minutes, I landed and tried the same thing, the words were extremely blurry.  Using af/mf did nothing at all.  Restarting my mavic made the words crystal clear again.  But after flying again, I noticed the focus stopped working again.

I'm not sure if this problem started happening after the recent fw update, but it's deffinately noticeable.  On a side note, I also notice the compass on the bottom left corner of the dji go4 app (ios) doesn't seem to always be accurate either, and this did change with the current fw update.  Sometimes it shows my mavic pointing one direction, and I can clearly see it's actually pointing another.

Anyhow, not sure what to do about  the focus problem.  I guess i'll be calling dji on monday.
2017-8-26
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

You have to use the C1 button or tap the spot of interest on the phone's screen to focus.
2017-8-26
Use props
mhb112
lvl.1
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-26 03:44
You have to use the C1 button or tap the spot of interest on the phone's screen to focus.

Sorry I wasn't quite clear.  I am using tap to focus, and c1, neither seem to work.  Again when my mavic was on the ground with a piece of paper in front of it, nothing I did (af/mf) would bring the words even close to clear enough to read.   While on mf adjusting the slider for focus did nothing.  After restarting my mavic the slider for mf was working again, but after flying the problem was back after a few minutes.
2017-8-26
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

mhb112 Posted at 2017-8-26 03:52
Sorry I wasn't quite clear.  I am using tap to focus, and c1, neither seem to work.  Again when my mavic was on the ground with a piece of paper in front of it, nothing I did (af/mf) would bring the words even close to clear enough to read.   While on mf adjusting the slider for focus did nothing.  After restarting my mavic the slider for mf was working again, but after flying the problem was back after a few minutes.

The only thing that I can suggest is to do a FW update again using "DJI Assistant 2" and to delete the DJI GO 4 app.
Once the FW is updated also re-install the DJI GO 4 app, and then try to make the Mavic's camera focus correctly.
Does the gimbal work correctly otherwise?
If the camera still doesn't focus, I think it's time for DJI support to look at your Mavic.
2017-8-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

mhb112 Posted at 2017-8-26 03:52

Try resetting your camera yet?
2017-8-26
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Also not sure how close it will focus i think things have to be atleast 2 to 5 ft away try to reset camera settings. If not reflash current fw seems to fix things up sometimes all the modules dont make it thru. It happened to my P4 I updated I did not have image transmission signal so I reflashed and I was good to go maybe try that
2017-8-26
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-8-26 10:09
Also not sure how close it will focus i think things have to be atleast 2 to 5 ft away try to reset camera settings. If not reflash current fw seems to fix things up sometimes all the modules dont make it thru. It happened to my P4 I updated I did not have image transmission signal so I reflashed and I was good to go maybe try that

Mavic's camera can focus from 50 cm to infinity, according to its specs.
2017-8-26
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

As for the "compass" red orientation arrow I noticed that too recently on Android. Not sure if it's issue with the latest app update or .1000 firmware itself which is very noticeable especially on the ground or while hovering. If you need to rely on orientation indicators switch it to the radar display. It's more accurate compared to the ones on the map.
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you upload some original videos of the SD card for further analysis?
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules