Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pinch to Zoom support
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NewZed
lvl.1

New Zealand

I borrowed a P4 with a Samsung Android 10" tablet and used pinch to zoom OK. A P4A has just been purchased but using my Android nexus 7 tablet pinch to zoom doesn't work. Yes resolution set to 1080P video in both cases.

Is this because Pinch to zoom is only supported on the P4 and not the P4A or is it only supported on specific devices or devices sizes running the Go 4 App? Any thoughts would be appreciated because this ability was why the drone was purchased in the first place.
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The camera of Phantom 4 Advanced doesn't support zoom in or out.
2017-8-28
Use props
fans52cfa4bf
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I shoot in 4K then use "pan & zoom" in "Woundershare ( Filmora)
2017-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-28 19:00
The camera of Phantom 4 Advanced doesn't support zoom in or out.

The pinch to zoom is a function of DJI Go 4 and not the cameras. It works on the P4 and perhaps others, up to 2.7k video.

2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-29 13:44
The pinch to zoom is a function of DJI Go 4 and not the cameras. It works on the P4 and perhaps others, up to 2.7k video.

Aardvark, only P4 support zoom in, P4A and P4P do not have such a function.
2017-9-3
Use props
NewZed
lvl.1

New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-3 19:16

Thank you for confirming what I suspected. This was unexpected because I think it was reasonable to assume because the P4Adv & P4Pro claimed to be improved versions of the P4. The lack of that feature that is very important for a project I'm working on.

Officially the dji Store have now confirmed the pinch to zoom is not currently available for P4Adv & P4Pro. Interestingly this feature was made available with a firmware upgrade on the Inspire 1 back in March 2016: "Added Digital Zoom Control when recording video at 720p, 1080p and 2.7K. Put two fingers on the screen and pinch to zoom out, open your fingers to zoom in (up to 200%)."

So why wasn't it included in the Phantom series? Extremely random IMO :-(.
2017-9-7
Use props
NewZed
lvl.1

New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-3 19:16

Thank you for confirming what I suspected. This was unexpected because I think it was reasonable to assume it would be available because the P4Adv & P4Pro claimed to be improved versions of the P4 and it is available on the std P4. That feature is very important for a project I'm working on and probably rules the P4Adv out even though it's camera and streaming resolutions are significantly better than the std P4.

Officially the dji Store have now confirmed to me that pinch to zoom is not currently available for P4Adv & P4Pro. Interestingly this feature was made available with a firmware upgrade on the Inspire 1 as far back as March 2016:

"Added Digital Zoom Control when recording video at 720p, 1080p and 2.7K. Put two fingers on the screen and pinch to zoom out, open your fingers to zoom in (up to 200%)."

So why wasn't it included in Phantom series upgrades? Extremely random IMO :-(.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

NewZed Posted at 2017-9-7 03:43
Thank you for confirming what I suspected. This was unexpected because I think it was reasonable to assume because the P4Adv & P4Pro claimed to be improved versions of the P4. The lack of that feature that is very important for a project I'm working on.

Officially the dji Store have now confirmed the pinch to zoom is not currently available for P4Adv & P4Pro. Interestingly this feature was made available with a firmware upgrade on the Inspire 1 back in March 2016: "Added Digital Zoom Control when recording video at 720p, 1080p and 2.7K. Put two fingers on the screen and pinch to zoom out, open your fingers to zoom in (up to 200%)."

I understand your situation and will forward to our engineers for further review.
2017-9-9
Use props
NewZed
lvl.1

New Zealand

I very much appreciate your help with this. I am a member of a team that's new to drone hardware and we're working on a commercial application that relies on using the attached camera in a way that it was not necessarily designed for. Pinch to zoom, or any ability to zoom digitally to 2x zoom, actually made our project viable using the std P4. We had expected that we would get an even better result from the P4Adv. It appears to have a superior camera & live streaming capabilities but the lack of 2x zoom was surprising and disappointing for an advanced drone in the same series.

We very much need that option to be available with the P4Adv or we will have to find another solution. A good response re this requirement will be very encouraging for us :-)
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

NewZed Posted at 2017-9-9 18:56
I very much appreciate your help with this. I am a member of a team that's new to drone hardware and we're working on a commercial application that relies on using the attached camera in a way that it was not necessarily designed for. Pinch to zoom, or any ability to zoom digitally to 2x zoom, actually made our project viable using the std P4. We had expected that we would get an even better result from the P4Adv. It appears to have a superior camera & live streaming capabilities but the lack of 2x zoom was surprising and disappointing for an advanced drone in the same series.

We very much need that option to be available with the P4Adv or we will have to find another solution. A good response re this requirement will be very encouraging for us :-)

thank you for your response. We appreciate the feedback on this point
2017-9-14
Use props
MrRobert5823
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

I am not sure but I think the zoom is artifical... the P4 camera's do NOT zoom.  Whatever app you did it on, you are merely looking at the same image, closer up... If you want a true zoom... You are gonna have to pay for the Inspire series... (OUCH!$$)
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules