6551 42 2017-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

Hey pilots,

Have any of you managed to access Flight Data since updating to Firmaware v01.03.1000?  

I had no problems before updating.  Now can't see the drive after opening the data viewer.  

I'm hoping it's the Firmware; seems too coincidental to be anything else.

Thanks if you can help and put my mind at rest.
2017-8-26
Use props
d.a.v.i.d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi Fingers,

Besides other issue I had I'm also unable to enter flight data mode. Also some other person reported the same in FW1000 thread. So I think this is caused by the new firmware. By the way when you connect now Mavic to DJI Assistant 2 are you also able to see 3 times firmware version 01.03.1000? One with date 8-22 and two times with 8-25?

David
2017-8-26
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

d.a.v.i.d Posted at 2017-8-26 11:06
Hi Fingers,

Besides other issue I had I'm also unable to enter flight data mode. Also some other person reported the same in FW1000 thread. So I think this is caused by the new firmware. By the way when you connect now Mavic to DJI Assistant 2 are you also able to see 3 times firmware version 01.03.1000? One with date 8-22 and two times with 8-25?

d.a.v.i.d,

Thanks for responding. It gives me comfort and confirms that my Mavic is ok and it's not user  error (unless it's an obscure user error)

Yes, exactly that.  Caused me some confusion today as I tried 'refreshing' on each of the three firmware versions (with no change).  

I flew my Mavic this morning (three batteries worth) and performance was fine with the new firmware, so I'm not too worried (I think).  I wanted to look at the Flight Data to check out performace of a new battery.

Hopefully DJI will sort this soon.

Not having the option to roll back to previous firmware is very frustrating.

2017-8-26
Use props
d.a.v.i.d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Fingers Posted at 2017-8-26 11:16
d.a.v.i.d,

Thanks for responding. It gives me comfort and confirms that my Mavic is ok and it's not user  error (unless it's an obscure user error)

I had nearly accident suppose due to new firmware when aircraft suddenly disconnected in the middle of the flight so wanted to do refresh as well. I noticed one difference between 8-22 and 8-25 versions when I look to firmware cache of DJI assistant this one file is difference:
8-22 - wm220_2801_v01.03.00.16_20170816.pro.fw.sig - 70,373 KB
8-25 - wm220_2801_v01.03.00.21_20170825.pro.fw.sig - 70,679 KB
So there must be some minor changes.

@Someone from DJI Team could you please clarify this?

David
2017-8-26
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Same problem here - no flight data in DJI Assistant 2
Has DJI forgotten to release a new version of the Assistant?
2017-8-27
Use props
fans4edb6b57
New
Flight distance : 2680 ft
Finland

Hi guys,

I don't if this is off topic but never the less regarding the latest FW. After update, DJI Go app offered NFZ update and after that I haven't been able to connect to my device. RC connects to ATTI mode but nothing else works... Any thoughts on this one? I've contacted DJI support, we'll see if they can sort this out.
2017-8-27
Use props
vilspa
New
Finland

fans4edb6b57 Posted at 2017-8-27 11:11
Hi guys,

I don't if this is off topic but never the less regarding the latest FW. After update, DJI Go app offered NFZ update and after that I haven't been able to connect to my device. RC connects to ATTI mode but nothing else works... Any thoughts on this one? I've contacted DJI support, we'll see if they can sort this out.

Edit for this.

Haven't got answer from DJI yet but I managed to reset mavic to factory default and then updated the 22-08-17 firmware (same number though) with DJI assistant and somehow it did work. Now the whole setup is working just fine. Didn't update the NFZ though so I have to make a test flight to see if it changes something.
2017-8-27
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

vilspa Posted at 2017-8-27 21:07
Edit for this.

Haven't got answer from DJI yet but I managed to reset mavic to factory default and then updated the 22-08-17 firmware (same number though) with DJI assistant and somehow it did work. Now the whole setup is working just fine. Didn't update the NFZ though so I have to make a test flight to see if it changes something.

Yeah.  Pretty much what I did.  Mavic appears to fly perfectly, and NFZ work ok (I unlocked a restricted one in Suffolk UK).  My only gripe is not being able to access he Flight Data.  

It isn't filling me with confidence.  I'm hoping DJI acknowledge that something has gone wrong here, else I'm not looking forward to subsequent updates.  The three version confusion isn't great.  
2017-8-27
Use props
vilspa
New
Finland

Fingers Posted at 2017-8-27 21:37
Yeah.  Pretty much what I did.  Mavic appears to fly perfectly, and NFZ work ok (I unlocked a restricted one in Suffolk UK).  My only gripe is not being able to access he Flight Data.  

It isn't filling me with confidence.  I'm hoping DJI acknowledge that something has gone wrong here, else I'm not looking forward to subsequent updates.  The three version confusion isn't great.

Thanks for response.

I'm trying to held myself not tearing this thing into pieces after updating pretty much everything, all seemed to be working well. But suddenly RC and mavic disconnected. RC says says OPTI mode but no feed to app...
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of this case so I can help to check more about this? Thanks in advance.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

vilspa Posted at 2017-8-27 21:54
Thanks for response.

I'm trying to held myself not tearing this thing into pieces  after updating pretty much everything, all seemed to be working well. But suddenly RC and mavic disconnected. RC says says OPTI mode but no feed to app...

Please try to relink the drone and RC again to see will it work.
2017-8-28
Use props
Dronion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44334 ft
Italy

Hi guys,
I updated firmware on my Mavic from .900 to .1000 and I have the same issue. I see the drive but when I double click the icon, a message appears telling me to "insert a disk", just like an empty sd reader.
This did not happen with previous firmware where I could be able to access flight data .DAT files without any problem.
2017-8-28
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've not heard anyone say they can access Flight Data, I think everyone is in the same boat.   

I'm thinking this is deliberate by DJI.  
2017-8-28
Use props
Kalle2017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 987310 ft
Germany

Fingers Posted at 2017-8-28 12:23
I've not heard anyone say they can access Flight Data, I think everyone is in the same boat.   

I have the same problem. There is no access to the Flight Data.
2017-8-29
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Thanks for your post, guys
I tried yesterday Assistant 2 for the first time, and I spent some time trying to understand were are gone these fly data

In the Mavic FW list, I have only 2 versions of the .1000 FW, not 3 as some of you

I've also  to say that I've no problem to connect the Mavic to the PC, but I cannot connect the RC thru USB. So actually I don't know how to upgrade the RC thru DJI assistant 2.
... But since it works with the 'simple' way (WiFi), I don't care too much
2017-8-30
Use props
AlexE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55696 ft
Germany

I have the same issue. In my case there are 2 versions. have tried both, second drive with flight data is inaccessible.
2017-8-30
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue here.  I cant access flight data (no SD card icon to click).  Was fine on .900 firmware.
2017-8-30
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

One additional point.
I tried with a Macbook air, same issue.
Looks like an USB driver missing or something...
2017-8-31
Use props
AlexE
lvl.1
Germany

It looks like the issue with multiple 1000 verstions is fixed.
Now i can see in DJI Assistant only one version 01.93.1000 with date 01/09/2017

Flight data access still does not works.
2017-9-3
Use props
Gregbella
First Officer
Australia

Hope it gets sorted quickly l just updated the firmware today. Wished I didn't now
2017-9-3
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been emailing with DJI support about this issue. I won't go into how frustrating this can be. The last email I got had this.

Regarding with your concern, the reason why you're having a problem is because of the firmware upgrade. After the latest Mavic Pro firmware v01.03.1000, the flight controller data will not be saved on the SD card. The next version of DJI Assistant 2 needs to be used for exporting the flight controller data. As DJI Assistant 2 is used with many DJI products, the new version is not released on the DJI official website yet. We are testing it and new DJI Assistant 2 will be released soon.

Although somewhat informative it seems inherently ambiguos. I've asked for some clarification.
2017-9-3
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for posting BudWalker.  That reads pretty clear.  There is an incompatability issue between the DJI Assistant 2 software and the new Firmware.  Symptoms certainly point to this too.  

I wish they had communicated this via an official release prior to the upgrade or as soon as they new there was an issue.  Especially as a lot of users are unaware of the issue; until they needed to look at Flight Data.  I like DJI and I've mostly been impressed with their after sales care and support; they could have better here though.  Hopefully a one off!  I'll forgive them as I still love the Mavic
2017-9-3
Use props
Yoan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93806 ft
France

Hello,

I have the same issue: no flight data accessible with the 1.03.1000 firmware.
I hope that the flight data is stored on the Mavic memory but just not accessible for now, because I had few disconnect this morning while the drone was very close to me (15m approximately) and I would like to investigate what happened.
By the way, I also noticed that flight record that are stored on the smartphone can't be read anymore by tools like CsvView. I wonder if it is related.

Yoan
2017-9-3
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RE: Firmware v01.03.1000 Flight Data

That's a good question. I was unaware that CsvView/DatCon was being used to look at the .DAT files produced by the Go App. In fact, I was telling people that CsvView/DatCon couldn't read those .DAT files. :-). The next version should be at least better at accepting those .DATs.
2017-9-3
Use props
Yoan
lvl.2
France

BudWalker Posted at 2017-9-3 11:45
That's a good question. I was unaware that CsvView/DatCon was being used to look at the .DAT files produced by the Go App. In fact, I was telling people that CsvView/DatCon couldn't read those .DAT files. :-). The next version should be at least better at accepting those .DATs.

Just to clarify, for the files produced by DJI Go, I was talking about the *.txt files in the "FlightRecord" directory.
2017-9-4
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Well, I guess I will stay on .900 for a while.
2017-9-4
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yoan Posted at 2017-9-4 02:32
Just to clarify, for the files produced by DJI Go, I was talking about the *.txt files in the "FlightRecord" directory.

That being the case could you please provide one of those .txt files that can't be processed by CsvView. And, I'm always interested to know if there is a problem with CsvView and/or DatCon. I won't always see a bug report submitted here in this forum. You can also email to bug@flylog.info
2017-9-4
Use props
Yoan
lvl.2
France

Hi BudWalker,

here are two files:
- the one from 2017-08-26 was produced with DJI Go v4.1.3
- the one from 2017-09-03 was produced with DJI Go v4.1.5

The first file is correctly opened by CsvView and I can visualize the various graphics. When opening the second file, everything is empty except the dateTime field.

Yoan

FlightRecord_example.zip

462.28 KB, Down times: 2

Flight Record example

2017-9-4
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yoan Posted at 2017-9-4 10:32
Hi BudWalker,

here are two files:

Works for me. What version of CsvView are you using?

There is a file

<HomeDirectory>.csvViewLog

could you either post that here or send it to bug@flylog.info.
yoan.jpg
2017-9-4
Use props
Yoan
lvl.2
France

Thank you for your answer.

I am using version 1.3.2 of CsvView.
The content of the .csvViewLog file is the following:

Version 1.3.2
InstallDir C:\Program Files (x86)\CsvView\
WorkingDir C:\Users\Yoan\.CsvViewDir
TempDir C:\Users\Yoan\.CsvViewDir\temp
TXTlogToCSVtool Exists?: C:\Program Files (x86)\CsvView\executables\TXTlogToCSVtool
RunTxtTool:getCsvFileName: C:\Users\Yoan\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\DJIFlightRecord_2017-09-03_[09-06-02].txt
RunTxtTool:getCsvFileName:csvFileExists: C:\Users\Yoan\.CsvViewDir\temp/DJIFlightRecord_2017-09-03_[09-06-02].csv
populateError can't read Record
MSG: Signal BATTERY.temperature [C] is empty, not plotting
MSG: Signal SMART_BATTERY.volumeConsume is empty, not plotting

Here is a screenshot of CsvView after trying to display one of the possible graphics.

Yoan

CsvView screenshot

CsvView screenshot
2017-9-5
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

Fingers Posted at 2017-8-28 12:23

I doubt this is deliberate. Getting flight data is the first thing support was asking for.

Besides, the same problem applies to the SD card with video footage - you can no longer access it through the USB cable, but have to remove the SD card from Mavic and use a separate card reader.
2017-9-5
Use props
AlexE
lvl.1
Netherlands

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-9-5 11:28
I doubt this is deliberate. Getting flight data is the first thing support was asking for.

Besides, the same problem applies to the SD card with video footage - you can no longer access it through the USB cable, but have to remove the SD card from Mavic and use a separate card reader.

For me the SD card with video footages is still accessible via USB in Win10, but only if Assistant is not running

2017-9-7
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

AlexE Posted at 2017-9-7 00:37
For me the SD card with video footages is still accessible via USB in Win10, but only if Assistant is not running

I read on the MavicPilots forum a reposted email reply from DJI, stating they are working on an updated Assistant, which should fix this problem.
2017-9-7
Use props
Yoan
lvl.2
France

I see that a new version of DJI Assistant has been released (but no release notes yet). I'll try this week-end if it is possible to access the flight data with this new version.
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2017-9-8
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yoan Posted at 2017-9-5 10:09
Thank you for your answer.

I am using version 1.3.2 of CsvView.

Looks to me like the cache got messed up. Please delete everything in

C:\Users\Yoan\.CsvViewDir\temp

and try it again.
2017-9-8
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Nothing is recorded when it comes to flight data for me either FW 1000, reinstalled go4 accept terms and all that - still nothing - not overly impressed about this update right now tbh - adding the loss of video feed to this my Magic is a blind flying brick with no memory - feels safe...

Mavic Pro Grey Gandalf Edition...
2017-9-8
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Loss of video feed is worrying.  I'm confident that the Flight Data is in the Mavic; it's not much comfort though in case of a crash / failure.
2017-9-8
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yoan Posted at 2017-9-8 03:12
I see that a new version of DJI Assistant has been released (but no release notes yet). I'll try this week-end if it is possible to access the flight data with this new version.
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Yoan, I tried it and it didn't work. I got a quick response from DJ Support though, confirming they are aware of the issue and are working on solving it in a subsequesnt Assistant update.

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to inform Mavic Pro still not be able to exported the data from DJI Assistance 2.

Our engineer still keep rolling up to fix this issue.

We should shortly update the software again to enable again the data viewer.

Thank you for your patience and we deeply do apologize for any inconvenience may have caused.
Kind regards,

Calvin Chow
2017-9-8
Use props
Yoan
lvl.2
France

Well, I tried the new version of DJI Assistant 2 (1.1.6) today and I did reach to get the flight data. It is not under the "Flight Data" menu but under the "Data Upload" one.
I could get the .DAT file and convert it to CSV thanks to CsvView. Now, I have to understand why I experienced various disconnections during a particular flight (while the drone was very close to me), but that's another story.
2017-9-9
Use props
Yoan
lvl.2
France

BudWalker Posted at 2017-9-8 20:59
Looks to me like the cache got messed up. Please delete everything in

C:\Users\Yoan\.CsvViewDir\temp

Perfect ! Now it works !
Thank you very much for your help.
2017-9-9