Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Interference red warning question
1239 13 2017-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all
I've been out with the mavic lately and flying about a mile away over my town, and a red flashing interference warning pops up. Can ignore this? What's the worst that can happen? I usually panic when I see this and turn back!! Kinda mucks up my mission! If there is complete loss will the mavic RTH? Thanks
2017-8-26
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

What's the specific message? Yes, if interference causes the connection between your Mavic and its controller to be lost then it will RTH, at least if you have it configured to do so when the connection is lost. That's the default behavior / setting, so unless you've changed it then it will return.
2017-8-26
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-26 12:11
What's the specific message? Yes, if interference causes the connection between your Mavic and its controller to be lost then it will RTH, at least if you have it configured to do so when the connection is lost. That's the default behavior / setting, so unless you've changed it then it will return.

Its says strong interference in red at the top left. Thanks, reassuring knowing it will return home. I was afraid of it falling out of the sky!
2017-8-26
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-26 12:25
Its says strong interference in red at the top left. Thanks, reassuring knowing it will return home. I was afraid of it falling out of the sky!

The Mavic would fall out of the sky, if you accidentally do a CSC in mid-flight.
2017-8-26
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-26 12:56
The Mavic would fall out of the sky, if you accidentally do a CSC in mid-flight.

Thanks is there anyway to disable that setting? seems a bit risky.
2017-8-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-26 13:38

nope.. its emergency thing...  not sure the logic about it since seems dangerous to people on the ground and dangerous to the aircraft.  

as for red interference warnings occur when something is causing a sudden signal break, could be anything from trees in the wind, to the fact you forgot to compensate for curve of the earth and changing terrain.

i remember other day flying 3 miles out and it clicked with my that ground level changed means my AGL ceiling lifted higher as well.. +300 feet means i could raise up another 300 feet to match my AGL clearance of 400 feet.. also the earth curves and occusync frequencies dont curve nearly as much as the earth nor its terrain..
2017-8-26
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-26 14:08
nope.. its emergency thing...  not sure the logic about it since seems dangerous to people on the ground and dangerous to the aircraft.  

as for red interference warnings occur when something is causing a sudden signal break, could be anything from trees in the wind, to the fact you forgot to compensate for curve of the earth and changing terrain.

So you have a mavic now? I thought you told me last week you don't have one yet? In the who's crashed their mavic thread
2017-8-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-26 14:52
So you have a mavic now? I thought you told me last week you don't have one yet? In the who's crashed their mavic thread

just got it the other day!  haven't crashed it yet.   somehow..
2017-8-26
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-26 13:38

Using CSC in mid-flight is considered to be an emergency stop, basically sacrificing the Mavic - if it is flying too low - to avoid a larger disaster.
I wonder whether hitting the Pause button wouldn't be more efficient?
2017-8-26
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-26 23:58
Using CSC in mid-flight is considered to be an emergency stop, basically sacrificing the Mavic - if it is flying too low - to avoid a larger disaster.
I wonder whether hitting the Pause button wouldn't be more efficient?

Yah because the better im getting at flying im doing more kinda radical backward flying with yaw in sportmode. The csc could be triggered by mistake. Ill have watch out for that!
2017-8-27
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-27 06:45
Yah because the better im getting at flying im doing more kinda radical backward flying with yaw in sportmode. The csc could be triggered by mistake. Ill have watch out for that!

It would be an extreme coincidence should someone do a CSC in mid-flight accidentally.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We don't suggest ignoring this prompt, please fly the drone with caution and keep the drone in the visible range if possible. If the image transmission totally loses, the app might ask you whether you would like a No Image Transmission RTH, you can choose yes or no. But if it loses the RC's connection, the drone will automatically return to the home point if GPS signal is available and compass works correctly.
2017-8-28
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-28 03:04
We don't suggest ignoring this prompt, please fly the drone with caution and keep the drone in the visible range if possible. If the image transmission totally loses, the app might ask you whether you would like a No Image Transmission RTH, you can choose yes or no. But if it loses the RC's connection, the drone will automatically return to the home point if GPS signal is available and compass works correctly.

OK thanks as long as it comes back even with strong interference warnings I feel more confident. I have not had any GPS drop outs in over 70 odd flights so far using a xiaomi mi pad 3. The has exceeded my expectations to say the least! Thanks DJI
2017-8-28
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-28 04:40
OK thanks as long as it comes back even with strong interference warnings I feel more confident. I have not had any GPS drop outs in over 70 odd flights so far using a xiaomi mi pad 3. The has exceeded my expectations to say the least! Thanks DJI

I mentioned to say the MAVIC has exceeded my expectations
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules