Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Charging Mavic & Inspire 2 Batteries Indoors
510 8 2017-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've gotten into a habit of charging my lipo batteries outdoors in a lipo bag. Is this necessary when charging my Mavic Pro and Inspire 2 batteries.  I guess the real question is what are the chances of a Mavic Pro Battery or Inspire 2 Battery exploding during charging?
2017-8-26
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I guess there are no risks in charging my DJI LIPO Batteries indoors?
2017-11-7
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I only charge them indoors. I know they indicate risks, but I never get any problem; and I do this since I charged my RC cars and heli!
Cheers.
2017-11-7
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-11-7 07:19
I only charge them indoors. I know they indicate risks, but I never get any problem; and I do this since I charged my RC cars and heli!
Cheers.

@DocAraxa ... sorry for the late response.  I really appreciate the feedback.  I have not had any problems but I hear these nightmare stories of people having problems with non DJI Batteries so I figured I put it out there to see if anyone or if DJI had any feedback.  

Once again, thanks!
2018-1-18
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2018-1-18 22:43
@DocAraxa ... sorry for the late response.  I really appreciate the feedback.  I have not had any problems but I hear these nightmare stories of people having problems with non DJI Batteries so I figured I put it out there to see if anyone or if DJI had any feedback.  

Once again, thanks!

You are welcome!
2018-1-19
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used several aftermarket Lipo batteries in the past and only charged them in an ammunition box, with the DJI batteries I have been charging them indoors on the kitchen counter with no problems at all plus these batteries have internal protection to where they shut off if any problems is about to occur.
2018-1-19
Use props
ny300z
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

i figured this was the whole point of having expensive "intelligent" batteries
2018-1-19
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-1-19 06:21
I used several aftermarket Lipo batteries in the past and only charged them in an ammunition box, with the DJI batteries I have been charging them indoors on the kitchen counter with no problems at all plus these batteries have internal protection to where they shut off if any problems is about to occur.

Yup ... thanks ... I just wanted to check with you all.  I appreciate your feedback.
2018-1-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Intelligent or not, things can always go wrong.  I do charge indoors all the time, but I never leave a charging battery until it is completely charged and back in my case.  I may not be in the same room, but I am very near and always charge with nothing flammable nearby (several feet).
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules