Error message dji go not enforced
17706 31 2017-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2950994 ft
Brazil

Today, after about 2 months of flying,  i received this notification when taking off:

error:Your flight altitude and distance have been limited to 30 m and 50 m, respectively. Please try again after restarting. Do not fly beyond this range.

Tried loggin in and out several times with different devices, batteries. Airplane mode on or off. After several tries i decided to test the limits and to my surprise i could go higher and further up to my limits set in the app. Of all the logs i got only one had this notification. Only difference today was dji go 4.17 instead of 4.16. Using firmware 0.400 from the box.
The images show this situation. Anyone else? I could also fly with autopilot without these restrctions.

IMG_3693.PNG
IMG_3694.PNG
2017-8-26
Use props
jeonsi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1109491 ft
South Korea

I saw the same error message, and I can fly beyond that. I'm using 4.1.7 and 0700 firmware. I can also use hangar 360 without any limitation.
2017-8-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

firmware and app enforcement..    sadly..  ;(    only thing i hope forced updates provide will be activation lock updates so stolen aircraft are unable to fly unless owner logs in and unlocks them..

but from what i heard in rumor mill is it is forced upgrade scheme so they can control more NFZs and ground aircrafts and all that as well as enforce other flight restrictions...so stupid if true.. i rather them make stealing drones worthless waste of time with activation locks.. not controlling where we fly..
2017-8-26
Use props
Ribeiro
lvl.2
Brazil

Hoping it is just a bug then. Wish there was an easy way to downgrade dji go. I don't want to fly in nfz or modify parameters, I just don't trust the firmware update process and where I live there is no easy way to send it in for repair if bricked by the process.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The app is on the latest version, this message might pop up since your aircraft's firmware is a very previous version and the login info doesn't write into the main controller correctly, but it might not really restrict the drone because of that old firmware reason.
We always suggest that users update both the firmware of the drone and app to the latest update because that will be the optimization for the previous version. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-8-28
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

The same error just popped up for me today also.  Restarting the mavic or app doesn't make it go away.  Neither does signing out and signing back in.  Dji any word on a fix?
2017-8-29
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-28 02:28
The app is on the latest version, this message might pop up since your aircraft's firmware is a very previous version and the login info doesn't write into the main controller correctly, but it might not really restrict the drone because of that old firmware reason.
We always suggest that users update both the firmware of the drone and app to the latest update because that will be the optimization for the previous version. Thanks for your kind understanding.

I have the same thing happening to mine and the AC is really restricted and all my app, RC and AC are all up to date.
2017-8-29
Use props
pixelperspective
Second Officer
Flight distance : 417844 ft
Philippines

Had the same issue but it solved mine by updating aircraft and rc firmware.
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-8-29 18:38
I have the same thing happening to mine and the AC is really restricted and all my app, RC and AC are all up to date.

So your app, AC, and RC had all upgraded to the latest version, right? If it really restricts your distance, please help to confirm that whether you had shut down Beginner Mode, or try to relaunch the app after connecting the drone and DJI GO 4 app. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-8-31
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-31 23:15
So your app, AC, and RC had all upgraded to the latest version, right? If it really restricts your distance, please help to confirm that whether you had shut down Beginner Mode, or try to relaunch the app after connecting the drone and DJI GO 4 app. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.

Not on beginner mode.  What I do is land it shut everything off/on then it will fly fine, by that time I am 80% on my battery which is annoying.
2017-9-1
Use props
Andicot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1137044 ft
Italy

This error is solved with last DJI GO app version 4.1.9?
2017-9-1
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

I got this error with latest dji 4 go ios app. Im running the last good firmware on my p4 and remote but it didn't stop me. Ran normal
2017-9-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Any fix for this yet DJI?
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-1 06:05
Not on beginner mode.  What I do is land it shut everything off/on then it will fly fine, by that time I am 80% on my battery which is annoying.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll transfer this case to our engineers. Could you please help to list out the drone you are flying with this limitation, the app's  and drone's version info, the mobile device you are using, the screenshot of this message and the operation before you got the message? Thank you so much. At present, you can also relaunch the app once you receive the limitation message.  
2017-9-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-3 03:08
Thanks for the feedback, I'll transfer this case to our engineers. Could you please help to list out the drone you are flying with this limitation, the app's  and drone's version info, the mobile device you are using, the screenshot of this message and the operation before you got the message? Thank you so much. At present, you can also relaunch the app once you receive the limitation message.

I am having this problem on my spark using IOS ipad.
2017-9-3
Use props
Inkkari
New
Finland

I have this problem after updating new frimware version for Inspire 1. I update this version WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50 for aircraft and rc.

Error message is:

"Error! Your flight altitude an distance have been limited to 30 m and 50 m, respectively.

Please try again after restarting. Do not fly beyond this range."

About:

App: Version 3.1.15
Aircraft: Version 1.9.1.30
Remote Controller: Version 1.7.80
Camera: Version 1.8.1.00

How can I fix it? Could you plz help me.
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Inkkari Posted at 2017-9-3 09:07
I have this problem after updating new frimware version for Inspire 1. I update this version WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50 for aircraft and rc.

Error message is:

Thanks for your feedback, you can try to restart the app once you got the message at the moment.
2017-9-3
Use props
Bodgerator
New
Flight distance : 17943 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-3 17:55
Thanks for your feedback, you can try to restart the app once you got the message at the moment.

Restarting the app brings up the same error message{Mavc Pro FW 700, DJI GO 4 Latest App IOs)

2017-9-9
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... try sign out and sign in while at home and you have internet connection...
2017-9-9
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Won't make a difference, nor will uninstalling and reinstalling Go4, the pop up box will still come up, just ignore and fly anyway without restriction. Simply a newer app mismatch with older firmware.
2017-9-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-9-9 14:37
Won't make a difference, nor will uninstalling and reinstalling Go4, the pop up box will still come up, just ignore and fly anyway without restriction. Simply a newer app mismatch with older firmware.

I have the same error message but not enforced, im sure its because im on older firmware. Just a warning to all, if you like your old firmware then don't update the go app anymore because one of these updates,dji is going to enforce this warning message if your on older firmware. They are trying to patch the ability to change flight parameters....im willing to bet on it.....
2017-9-9
Use props
Ribeiro
lvl.2
Brazil

I'm back at dji go 4.1.0 for several flights and no more messages. Just use a dji go that is concurrent to your firmware.
2017-9-10
Use props
xffa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210912 ft
Brazil

DJI firmware and app are more buggy than Mikrotik. Not all of us avoid updating because we want to change parameters, but we want stable sw. I'm sticking w/ .600 and rolling back my Go 4 app until things get better.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bodgerator Posted at 2017-9-9 09:20
Restarting the app brings up the same error message{Mavc Pro FW 700, DJI GO 4 Latest App IOs)

If you are running old firmware with the drone, please refer to my reply at 5#. Thank you.
2017-9-11
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477851 ft
Spain

Went back to DJI GO 4.1.0 with my downgraded FW: 01.02.0602 Now there are methods to do both things. Message me if you need them. Shame on you DJI. My last time buying your products.
2017-9-16
Use props
keeponrollin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 250367 ft

Bulgaria

same here...my ipad apparently auto updated the dji go (I had no problem flying with my ipad air, but I have it for like a month and probably forgotten to disable auto updates) and received this error 30/50m the last couple of flights...it doesn't actually limit it, but I'm not comfortable flying like this. Ive read post #5 and this is exactly my case-newest DJI go app, and an old FW on the drone...and since I don't want to change my FW (after all those complaints of people having properly working drones to having troubles after upgrading) and since I cant downgrade the DJI go app, what should I do? Please fix this in next DJI GO app.

You are making great drones but you are ruining so many people's experience with your software/support.
2017-9-16
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Spain

After a while a new version popped up! DJI Go 4.1.11. Has anyone tried it yet with a Phamtom 4? Do you know if it solves the login limitation problems with "old stable firmware 1.02.0602"?? I'm still holding my breath on to that firmware and DJI GO 4.1.0 on iOS 11.
2017-9-23
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Spain

Ok I’ll answer myself. I tested DJI GO 4.1.0 on iOS 11 with the last stable FW and it works and flies like a dream. Then tested vs 4.1.11 on my ipad and on iOS 11 and the 30-50m message warninf appears (bypassed) but that’s clearly because of the FW 1.02.0602 on my aircraft. Sorry DJI, not upgrading for a while until you make a good and solid FW for Phantom 4.
2017-9-23
Use props
bailmeout
New
Flight distance : 37802 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, also getting error message the same pop up in left top corner in brown ,saying restricted flight to 30m 50m. This error message only pops up when pulling sticks down to take off or pre set take off is activated. However hit the 'X' and it disapears, still able to fly the mavic on the go 4 app, distance and intelligent flights not affected. Maybr its because i havent updated firmware for the last two updates as so happy with the original set up when bought new back in july. Is it safe to fly and carry on not having the latest firmware???? why change things or fix things if happy with the product as it is???.  So is anyone else staying put without updating just deleting the error code but still having safe flights time after time?? Thanks for your response, or a fix to the error without updating firmware?  Thanks G
2017-9-23
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.2
Spain

bailmeout Posted at 2017-9-23 10:54
Hi, also getting error message the same pop up in left top corner in brown ,saying restricted flight to 30m 50m. This error message only pops up when pulling sticks down to take off or pre set take off is activated. However hit the 'X' and it disapears, still able to fly the mavic on the go 4 app, distance and intelligent flights not affected. Maybr its because i havent updated firmware for the last two updates as so happy with the original set up when bought new back in july. Is it safe to fly and carry on not having the latest firmware???? why change things or fix things if happy with the product as it is???.  So is anyone else staying put without updating just deleting the error code but still having safe flights time after time?? Thanks for your response, or a fix to the error without updating firmware?  Thanks G

I know you still can bypass that little pop up message, but still. I downgraded my iOS app to 4.1.0 and under iOS 11 and did a test today. The app's vs and the firmware are just PERFECT. I will not upgrade until the FW is buttery smooth and then of course I'll update the app to the latest version. Don't know what the heck is going on with these DJI guys...really.
2017-9-23
Use props
fans72232c78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40741 ft
United States

I updated the firmware on my p4 and I actually do have a limit on the distance and height.. very awkward in front of a client  is there a concise solution?
2017-9-26
Use props
CamFly Films
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074564 ft
United Kingdom

As said bt Thor It is discrepancy between updatesif Aircraft FW and version off the app. I am sure because I recently downloaded the Go app to my Iphone and got the message straight away. I don't get it on the Iphone that is on an older version. I am not a fan of updates, so I click the cross make the error dissapear and carry on. No big deal. flies OK . Hope it is safe though.
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules