Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bug Initiated Unexpected Landing
771 8 2017-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

As weird as this sounds, this happened this afternoon. The rescue squad I'm a member of just got a new P3S this week. I did the FW update and took it out in the backyard for a quick test flight. We haven't recieved the tablet holder yet so I laid the iPad Mini 4 on a chair beside me, took off and was buzzing around the yard when all of a sudden it started to land by itself, scared the crap out of me! Once I managed to streer clear of the tree top it was headed for and got it safely on the ground, glanced over at the IPad and a big fat bug had parked itself on the screen on the Land icon.
Since I usually fly a Mavic, it didn't occur to me to flip the S1 switch to cancel auto land until after I had landed it.
2017-8-26
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Actually, that was the new DJI micro Drone called the "Bug"
It was there testing their ability to intervene in any unsafe flying operations they deem inappropriate, and then they can simply takeover control as necessary...no seriously, that's what it is

2017-8-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha FatherXmas,

You made my day!  So many contributors (including myself) refer to bugs that are or are not here or there.   I think this is the first real bug has been a part of this Forum!  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-26
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-26 21:01
Actually, that was the new DJI micro Drone called the "Bug"
It was there testing their ability to intervene in any unsafe flying operations they deem inappropriate, and then they can simply takeover control as necessary...no seriously, that's what it is

May be this micro drone was sent from the FAA,that forced the Phantom to land.
2017-8-27
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-8-27 00:01
May be this micro drone was sent from the FAA,that forced the Phantom to land.

Ya never know do ya...maybe it was the CIA...keep an eye out...there could be a "bug" coming your way too!
2017-8-27
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Not needed,the BND is standing rifle by foot.
2017-8-27
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

At least you found one "bug" that could be fixed lol
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Switch the S1, you will exit the RTH. No worries.
2017-8-29
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

... as the fly aways in F-Follow me.... The s1 switch can make all modes stop. I needed it some times to hold my "beast" near by me.
2017-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules