Conecting to DJI goggles
4942 16 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb4deb821
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello all,
I am hoping someone can help me out on here. I have a Phantom 4 Pro and recently bought a pair of DJI goggles. The instructions tell me to connect to the controllers HDMI port, but my controller does not have one. Can anyone suggest a solution?
2017-8-27
Use props
Airwolfe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

you need to purchase a new module from DJI which has the HDMI port.  It is easy to change it over.  ps the output requires an adapter that is not provided in order to attach goggles cable to HDMI.
2017-8-27
Use props
fansb4deb821
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Airwolfe Posted at 2017-8-27 09:27
you need to purchase a new module from DJI which has the HDMI port.  It is easy to change it over.  ps the output requires an adapter that is not provided in order to attach goggles cable to HDMI.

Thank you. I still find it strange because the spec on the DJI site says it should have a HDMI port?? I only want to use the goggles for viewing and not for any aircraft controlling. Would it be possible to gain the camera footage via the micro USB port on the controller?
2017-8-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb4deb821 Posted at 2017-8-27 09:32
Thank you. I still find it strange because the spec on the DJI site says it should have a HDMI port?? I only want to use the goggles for viewing and not for any aircraft controlling. Would it be possible to gain the camera footage via the micro USB port on the controller?

The P4 Pro Plus using the GL300E controller has an HDMI port as standard, the P4 Pro controller using the GL300F controller only has USB connection.

From the Spec':-

Video Output Port
GL300E: HDMI
GL300F: USB

Mobile Device Holder
GL300E: Built-in display device (5.5 inch screen, 1920×1080, 1000 cd/m2, Android system, 4 GB RAM+16 GB ROM)
GL300F: Tablets and smart phones  
2017-8-27
Use props
PeteBourne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-27 09:44
The P4 Pro Plus using the GL300E controller has an HDMI port as standard, the P4 Pro controller using the GL300F controller only has USB connection.

From the Spec':-

Thank you. I wish I had done my homework.
2017-8-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeteBourne Posted at 2017-8-27 09:47
Thank you. I wish I had done my homework.

If you have Goggles try connecting them to full sized USB on controller, I suspect the manual is referring to 'video' only. For live feed and functional control my P4 (Standard) connects to goggles via USB port. I have to start motors then swap display cable to goggles.

You may also need latest firmware on aircraft, RC & Goggles (updated to 1.3.1000 just a few days ago).

Remember the RC has full control of aircraft with or without display.

I cannot guarantee this will work on P4Pro, but a basic test of goggles is easy to do.
2017-8-27
Use props
Airwolfe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

fansb4deb821 Posted at 2017-8-27 09:32

I have the P3P which did not have the HDMI connection so I had to update the module.  The cable that came with the goggles requires an adaptor in order to attach it to the controller.  BTW the goggles work great as FPV viewer!
2017-8-27
Use props
LASD2017
New
United States

yes you just need an adapter , i bought one from my retailer .... my goggles are 100% in Chinese how the heck do i get English  
2017-8-27
Use props
PeteBourne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-27 09:56
If you have Goggles try connecting them to full sized USB on controller, I suspect the manual is referring to 'video' only. For live feed and functional control my P4 (Standard) connects to goggles via USB port. I have to start motors then swap display cable to goggles.

You may also need latest firmware on aircraft, RC & Goggles (updated to 1.3.1000 just a few days ago).

Thank you for your advise Aardvark, much appreciated. Just to clarify What I want to do with the goggles..I want to fly the phantom under my own control using an Ipad as a visual aid (which uses the only full sized USB port on the controller. In addition to this I would want to show a third party live video streaming from the aircraft to the Goggles. That person could then direct me to where they would like to fly. I do not want that person to be able to control any functions of the aircraft.
Regards
Pete
2017-8-27
Use props
fans4464d68b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138501 ft
United States

Hello.  I have a related question.
I have the P4P with and I upgraded to the hdmi board so that I can use the DJI Goggles as a hdmi viewer.  However, when I connect the goggles, my everything says my aircraft is disconnected.  It connects again once I disconnect the goggles.  I am using the provided cable with an adapter downsize to the mini-hdmi.
Has anyone had or seen this issue?
I apologize if I am hijacking the thread. I wasn't sure where to post it and I am kind of new at this.
Thanks for any help.
Kurt

2017-8-27
Use props
PeteBourne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Airwolfe Posted at 2017-8-27 10:07
I have the P3P which did not have the HDMI connection so I had to update the module.  The cable that came with the goggles requires an adaptor in order to attach it to the controller.  BTW the goggles work great as FPV viewer!

I now have an adaptor, but still have issues. I have followed the instructions on youtube. It says to switch on HDMI in the DJi app. It says click on HD then move the sliders to switch on HDMI, but when I click on HD there are no sliders at all on the screen!
2017-8-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeteBourne Posted at 2017-8-30 03:00
I now have an adaptor, but still have issues. I have followed the instructions on youtube. It says to switch on HDMI in the DJi app. It says click on HD then move the sliders to switch on HDMI, but when I click on HD there are no sliders at all on the screen!

I think you may have to re-install firmware for RC if not already done. I believe there are file/s associated with the module that are part of the RC update.
2017-8-30
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

Here's an earlier post on the topic
2017-8-30
Use props
hdpscorp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

SAVE your money on the module.........will not work, I just got the module and when you plug the HDMI it cancels the USB on your tablet or cell phone, many other issues...

THIS IS THE POST I AM TRYING TO PUT ON A NEW THERAD BUT FOR SOME REASON IT IS BEING  HELD.....

I purchased the module from DJI Direct, received today and installed the HDMI module on my Phantom 4 PRO transmitter (Box of the module I got says Phantom 3 !?!...purchased direct from DJI) and this is what I am getting.....

-Once I plug the mini HDMI on transmitter, the USB connected to my Ipad Mini 4 stop working and says "disconnected". I only get the OSD on my separated monitor via HDMI and it is on and off, no picture. If I plug the DJI goggles via HDMI...it cancels  the USB which is plugged to my iPad running DJI GO4 and says "disconnect" and at same time the goggles also says "disconnected" and nothing is displayed.

-- Yes, I selected to simultaneous image output to app and HDMI and selected HDMI on DJI Goggles as well. DJI Goggles will only work on USB (transmitter) to micro USB (Goggles)

-- Yes, I did update the transmitter firmware after installing the module

I wonder if I got a bad HDMI module ??

2017-8-30
Use props
engelo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12311667 ft
  • >>>
Greece

hdpscorp Posted at 2017-8-30 13:05
SAVE your money on the module.........will not work, I just got the module and when you plug the HDMI it cancels the USB on your tablet or cell phone, many other issues...

Same here !
2018-5-24
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't use HDMI I thought.
2018-5-24
Use props
fansc2486b63
New
United States

Hello there, and yes I need some help! I have a brand new obsidian phantom for pro and I have the DJI goggles. After eight hours I figured out how to pair the goggles. Now when I open up the tools on the goggles and I’m trying to highlight HDMI because that’s where the cord from the  goggles goes into on the RC. And when I go to say read or exit or yellow error message that says HDMI disconnected. Disconnected? No I’ve tried everything I could think of and I have seen so far and nothing seems to be working. I figured out that in order to link the goggles I had to go through the charging port on the goggles in order for it to be recognized. I’m about ready to return everything and invest some money in the competition, thanks but this type of technology should be a little bit easier for the common folk. Can anyone help me please thank you
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules