1194 1 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans996cca3e
New
Flight distance : 135 ft
United States

Hello all,

I received my Goggles last week, charged them, and updated them using DJI assistant 1.1.1 to the latest firmware. They worked flawlessly. The third time I tried to charge them, they would not charge, I tried multiple USB cords and chargers, but nothing worked. (I found a work-around - see below).
While I was troubleshooting, I was asked what FW was installed on my goggles. I could not find a way to check the current FW from the DJI GO-4 app, so I plugged the goggles into my Win10 computer. The USB drivers started to install for the goggles, and windows went to a blue screen crash in about 5 seconds and my speakers emitted a horrible 60 cycle buzzer sound. Windows automatically rebooted.

I tried multiple USB cords, all of my USB ports (4) on the Win10 computer, but each time I got a system crash. I uninstalled DJI2 assistant, same results on all ports. I found the new DJI assistant version (1.1.2) and installed it. Same result on all USB ports/ multiple cables. It crashes to a blue screen and reboots every time.

Trying to isolate the problem, (bent USB pin on goggles port or problem with my home Win 10 computer?), I tried it on one of my computers at my business. Boom, worked perfectly!!
I have since tried it on 2 other computers and it works just dandy!

So..... WTF? lol

Do I have an old, incompatible driver hanging out on my home Win10 computer? Anyone have an idea?

CHARGING PROBLEM - If I disconnect the goggles from the headband, it allows full charging of the unit!!!
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It may be the problem of your computer, please update the firmware of Goggles with another computer in the future.
2017-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules