Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft Disconnected - No reconnect but flies fine
1964 14 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spookymike
First Officer
Germany

I experienced a strange behaviour today why i was flying the Spark on 5.8ghz with controller and via OTG connected Samsung G S7.
At around 316 meters (Minute 6.27 in the following Video) i got the message "No Signal" & "Aircraft Disconnected". After around 3 seconds
the App poped up a Message "No Image Available - Return-To-Home?" that i approved, because i wasn´t able to find the Spark by sight!
Then there was another message popinig up "Return-to-Home Operation Timeout"
After some seconds i regained the video link again and the Spark was fully responsive, but the message "Aircraft Disconnected" stayed
on in the display until i landed it!

I recorded the issue with my screen record app and uploaded it on Youtube

Here you can find the logfile of this flight
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... ENERALNotifications

2017-8-27
Use props
realstreetuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This same thing happened to me but lost signal at around 800m and still had control although stating it was disconected
2017-8-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Strange behavior!

Question: You have set the homepoint under a tree?
2017-8-27
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

This same thing happened to me with my nexus 7
2017-8-27
Use props
Indi91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103973 ft

That must be heart pounding!
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It is not recommended to use OTG cable. since it hasn't been fully tested. Have you tried the WiFi? If yes, how is it going?
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-8-27 12:03
This same thing happened to me but lost signal at around 800m and still had control although stating it was disconected

How about the surrounding there? Any interference or any message showed in your app? Did you use OTG? Please provide more information for us to check.
2017-8-29
Use props
Spookymike
First Officer
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-28 22:48
It is not recommended to use OTG cable. since it hasn't been fully tested. Have you tried the WiFi? If yes, how is it going?

Yeah, tried the WiFi several times. With phone in Airplane mode and all transmiting devices nearby turned of. WiFi would be my first choice as it is more easy to establish than OTG. But unfortunately video transmition is very bad. Lots of freezes in sometimes less than 50 meters, as well as connection problems. It´s no fun doing some nice shots when the video lags every few seconds and you always have to worry to get the AC back :-(
2017-8-29
Use props
djiuser_pIsrl6R
New
Flight distance : 6178 ft
United States

Spookymike Posted at 2017-8-29 13:49
Yeah, tried the WiFi several times. With phone in Airplane mode and all transmiting devices nearby turned of. WiFi would be my first choice as it is more easy to establish than OTG. But unfortunately video transmition is very bad. Lots of freezes in sometimes less than 50 meters, as well as connection problems. It´s no fun doing some nice shots when the video lags every few seconds and you always have to worry to get the AC back :-(

Why do you use airplane mode?
2017-8-29
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_pIsrl6R Posted at 2017-8-29 14:01
Why do you use airplane mode?

"Airplane" mode is recommended to prevent other interferences (e.g. cellular/text/voice call/notifications on your phone/tablet during flight, etc)  between RC, Tablet/Phone, and the AC
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Spookymike Posted at 2017-8-29 13:49

Got, we've forwarded it to our engineers to check it. will get back to you once we got a reply from them.
2017-8-31
Use props
mzak
First Officer
Flight distance : 12270 ft
Singapore

Same thing has happened to me multiple times, both on OTG and on WIFI. I get an aircraft disconnected warning, but I can still control the Spark and bring it back to me. Usually within 100-200m distance and less than 100m altitude. I've also had issues with frequent lags and weak signals/ image transmission within this range, though they seem to be slightly better after the latest update.
2017-9-1
Use props
JasonMY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182562 ft
Malaysia

This happen to me at 30-40metres on both OTG and Wifi. Happens at random and sometimes the app immediately regain signal after a signal loss. Within 1-3seconds.
2017-9-1
Use props
mrfx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1109 ft
Poland

I have this issue too. I use WIFI only. About minute after start, at 30m distance and 30m altitude when Spark was over trees , I lost the picture and message "aircraft disconnected" appeared at top of the smartphone's screen, but there was green light at controller, so I returned drone manually and video started working again after few seconds, but message "aircraft disconnected" never dissapear although there was picture from the drone. I landed for safety reason. Finally after restarting DJI GO 4 app message dissapear.
2017-9-2
Use props
DJI GO Android
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

We have improved the state check mechanism in 4.1.10! Please check the latest update. Thanks for your support!
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules