Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nothing but issues with spark
1740 29 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61699a75
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Everytime now suddenly after many many flights after new update , everytime i change new battery i am getting maximum flight distance reached.
Land the aircraft again , switch rc and aircraft on and off and than its ok.

Everthing was updated, each battery aswell and als the nfz.

Is this new that everytime with changing the battery , i have to reboot everything?
Please let me know if there is a bypass

I am really geting fed up with this dpark, everytime there is a new issue
Hope hearing what is going on
2017-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is it with all the batteries?
Are all the batteries on the same version?
I don't see any other posts on this, so there is probably a cause that can be fixed.
2017-8-27
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

Every time a change a batterie i switch off my RC...
I do like this;

- AC OFF
                  - RC OFF
                  - Change battery
                  - RC ON
                  - AC ON
2017-8-27
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes all the batteries have to new version, i have done already 40 or something flight without any issues, it just started now a few times. I wonder if dji is aware of this and if this is done on purpose or if ,  it is a bug ? Or somekind of failsafe?
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

If you have the "Maximum distance" warning, please try the following solutions:
1.Try to reboot your app when your drone hover in a safe place
2.Let the drone return to home, reboot the aircraft and app.
Please keep us updated if it doesn't work.

2017-8-27
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh .... that is the wierdest procedure. You'd better stop doing that. Put Spark to the shelf, do something else and wait for next firmware or DJI Go 4
2017-8-27
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi electra
Thanks but i was doing this already.
Maybe you can ask and forward this to your engineers to arrange a new firmware bugfix update. Many , if not all sparkowners are or will be facing this issue, which really shouldn't happen.
2017-8-27
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

It feels like that after every new update , new issues appear, i am wondering that if you(dji) is saying that you put thousands of hours in testing , that this maximum issue wasn't noticed. Can't imaging this
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-8-27 22:11
Hi electra
Thanks but i was doing this already.
Maybe you can ask and forward this to your engineers to arrange a new firmware bugfix update. Many , if not all sparkowners are or will be facing this issue, which really shouldn't happen.

I would recommend you also restart the APP after you swapped the battery. We've reported it to our engineers, will optimize it in the next update.
2017-8-28
Use props
MaikR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-28 01:24
I would recommend you also restart the APP after you swapped the battery. We've reported it to our engineers, will optimize it in the next update.

Same issue..... is it safe to close the app while in flight ?!?
I like to be in control all the time. I think this has to be solved quickly.
2017-8-28
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

MaikR Posted at 2017-8-28 01:42

when my app crashes in mid flight i can still controll my ac with rc andno app running
2017-8-28
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

For the moment eachtime before you change battery , just reboot the app and disconnect otg cable. Than change bat, start drone , when light is green on rc , connect cable and start flying. This is the best way , then there is no need to let drone hover,while rebooting app. The chance here is that when you have rebooted the app , you will record home point but accidentely record homepoint where drone is hovering. Therefore just do it before on ground . Do this procedure untill a new update comes.
2017-8-28
Use props
Arnor
Captain
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-27 20:37
If you have the "Maximum distance" warning, please try the following solutions:
1.Try to reboot your app when your drone hover in a safe place
2.Let the drone return to home, reboot the aircraft and app.

Any release date for an update solving the max height/distance on the app/fw side?
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Arnor Posted at 2017-8-28 07:54
Any release date for an update solving the max height/distance on the app/fw side?

If you try all the solutions and failed, please give me the screenshot of your version. We will transfer the thread to our engineers and check the problems. Thanks.
2017-8-28
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

lafoto Posted at 2017-8-27 11:30
I do like this;

When I change batteries on mine, I just turn off the AC - change batt - restart AC.
I leave RC on and it reconnects to the AC in about 10-15 seconds after restarting the AC.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MaikR Posted at 2017-8-28 01:42

You can restart the APP when the drone is hovering in an open area.
2017-8-29
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Best to land first before closing the app or close and open the app before take off.
As you have to set homepoint again, and maybe you forget this, or if you set homepoint where drone is hovering , maybe you forget to check if this is suitable landing area.
2017-8-29
Use props
MaikR
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-29 00:57
You can restart the APP when the drone is hovering in an open area.

Indeed, when hovering, closing the app en reopen solves the problem. But anyhow, it is a bug that needs to be fixed in the next firmware
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MaikR Posted at 2017-8-30 00:31
Indeed, when hovering, closing the app en reopen solves the problem. But anyhow, it is a bug that needs to be fixed in the next firmware

We've reported it to our engineers, will optimize it in the next update.
2017-8-31
Use props
Arnor
Captain
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-28 18:14
If you try all the solutions and failed, please give me the screenshot of your version. We will transfer the thread to our engineers and check the problems. Thanks.

Problem seems solved since latest release.
2017-9-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Arnor Posted at 2017-9-11 10:30

Good to know. Thanks!
2017-9-11
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

lafoto Posted at 2017-8-27 11:30
I do like this;

I only turn off my AC, change the battery, reboot my AC and re-open app and ready to fly.  Once in a while I might have to close the App and restart it.  But usually works pretty good.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Arnor Posted at 2017-9-11 10:30

Great. If there are anything wrongs, please contact us. Thanks.
2017-9-11
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Captain
Flight distance : 182215 ft
Argentina

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-11 23:49
Great. If there are anything wrongs, please contact us. Thanks.

I just wish the video latency - WEAK IMAGE TRANSMISSION error problem was this easy to resolve. I just get ignored on this matter as many times as i've bored people with it. I have never had a flight over 50m that hasdn't had latency problems. Yes i am an android user (s8)
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

WilfredFireStee Posted at 2017-9-12 00:29
I just wish the video latency - WEAK IMAGE TRANSMISSION error problem was this easy to resolve. I just get ignored on this matter as many times as i've bored people with it. I have never had a flight over 50m that hasdn't had latency problems. Yes i am an android user (s8)

Wilfred, please check the info below:
1. Please change a place without interference and check the GPS signal. For example, your spark will be affected by factories, high voltage line and metal.
2.Please avoid wearing devices, such as, apple watch or turn off bluetooth.
3.You can try to change your channel to 2.4G.
2017-9-12
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Captain
Argentina

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-12 00:49
Wilfred, please check the info below:
1. Please change a place without interference and check the GPS signal. For example, your spark will be affected by factories, high voltage line and metal.
2.Please avoid wearing devices, such as, apple watch or turn off bluetooth.

Oh wow! My first proper reply. Thanks kindly DJI Elektra.
I have flown many many flights in a mix of areas, generally low or little interference. I have checked in areas with zero interference and always check gps as part of my pre-flight checks. I live in a rural area and don't fly near power lines at all generally. It's really confusing and frustrating.
I have no extra devices and no apple watch (i own a samsung galaxy S8) and my bluetooth is 100% always switched off.
I will try switching to 2.4G signal another time, last time i tried was a while ago and wasn't as good. I wish the OTG cable was the easy resolve but sadly no matter what i do i cannot get the OTG cable to work after trying every bit of advice and fix for that problem.
I mean aside from video latency and lack of OTG option i seem to be facing i absolutley love my spark, its bought me many hours of joy and i've captured some cracking photo's and some passable videos with my amature skill set!
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

WilfredFireStee Posted at 2017-9-12 05:51
Oh wow! My first proper reply. Thanks kindly DJI Elektra.
I have flown many many flights in a mix of areas, generally low or little interference. I have checked in areas with zero interference and always check gps as part of my pre-flight checks. I live in a rural area and don't fly near power lines at all generally. It's really confusing and frustrating.
I have no extra devices and no apple watch (i own a samsung galaxy S8) and my bluetooth is 100% always switched off.

Thanks for your support. If you encounter any new problem, please feel free to talk to us.
2017-9-13
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Captain
Argentina

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-13 00:10
Thanks for your support. If you encounter any new problem, please feel free to talk to us.

Thanks for yours I will try the 2.4G this evening hopefully and will report back> Hopefully I won't see the usual weak video transmission message and fly with a bit more faith huh.
2017-9-13
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-13
Use props
MaikR
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-13 00:26
I would advise that you print a screenshot of the OFFICIAL Dji answer in here as you will probably loose the connection with the drone and get a fly-away into a house killing hundreds of innocent kids and setting fire to the building... then good luck with Dji Refresh program...

I've tried it, and when closing the app you are still able to control the Spark with the controller.
So no issue here, and with the new firmware, everything is solved thankfully.
I really like the Spark because of it's size..... for the rest I'll go with my H
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules