update firmware stops at 99%
3137 14 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264308 ft
Sweden

I updated my new dji phatom 4 pro. It stays at 99% I have tried to restart it a few times does not help. When I start it, the controller starts blinking red and yellow. What should I do?

Perhaps the remotcontroler has not been updated

2017-8-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It could just be that the Application is not reporting the completion correctly. Have a look at 'About' which is at bottom of 'General Settings' menu. With all connected and powered up that will list the firmware in use on each device.
2017-8-27
Use props
Markwooding
New
Canada

I have the exact same problem the RC connects to the plane intermittently and the signal just drops flashing light on the RC tried reconnecting and upgrading the firmware again no success still flashing lights
2017-8-27
Use props
ande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264308 ft
Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-27 12:59
It could just be that the Application is not reporting the completion correctly. Have a look at 'About' which is at bottom of 'General Settings' menu. With all connected and powered up that will list the firmware in use on each device.

drone is uppdated.  Cant check if the remote is uppdated. Have no singnal
2017-8-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Markwooding Posted at 2017-8-27 13:11
I have the exact same problem the RC connects to the plane intermittently and the signal just drops flashing light on the RC tried reconnecting and upgrading the firmware again no success still flashing lights

That sounds like the RC still needs its firmware update ( both aircraft and RC need to be done for all to work). Connect display device to RC, aircraft off. Power up display and RC, and make sure RC has good internet connection.  Then tap on top line of display where it says "disconnected", that should show the "aircraft status". Wait for a few moments, and if an RC update available it should show on the top line of the status list. If or when you see a red warning triangle on this line then tap on it and follow its instruction to update RC. When finished reboot all and that should be it.
2017-8-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ande Posted at 2017-8-27 23:13
drone is uppdated.  Cant check if the remote is uppdated. Have no singnal

Try what I've suggested in post #5. Note that a good internet connection needed on display device.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Agree with Aardvark. Please make sure the RC firmware update is successful and then link RC to check.
2017-8-29
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-29 03:19
Agree with Aardvark. Please make sure the RC firmware update is successful and then link RC to check.

Do you have a list of detailed instructions on how to upgrade firmware, including a way to back it out, or re-start it?  Thanks
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-8-29 05:07
Do you have a list of detailed instructions on how to upgrade firmware, including a way to back it out, or re-start it?  Thanks

Here is a tutorial video of aircraft update. As for the RC update, please turn on the RC only and make sure there is solid network and check whether the update message pop up.

2017-9-1
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-1 01:19
Here is a tutorial video of aircraft update. As for the RC update, please turn on the RC only and make sure there is solid network and check whether the update message pop up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVIcrDvh9BQ&feature=youtu.be

Exactly what I was looking for... Thanks!
2017-9-1
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen this a few times, I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in...usually when this happens the drone is updated or are you finding it doesn't take the new firmware?
2017-9-1
Use props
Nauticalman
lvl.2

United States

That's better than mine.  Mine stoppedat 50%.  Tech support told me to delete the app, reload it and start over.  that did the trick for me.
2017-9-1
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-1 01:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVIcrDvh9BQ&feature=youtu.be

Do I have to upgrade the firmware for every battery?  If so... why?  I took my drone out this weekend and on all my 4 batteries, I had to do the firmware upgrade.... "annoying...."
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-5 08:22
Do I have to upgrade the firmware for every battery?  If so... why?  I took my drone out this weekend and on all my 4 batteries, I had to do the firmware upgrade.... "annoying...."

Generally, a message will be popped up if inconsistent firmware between aircraft and battery are detected. Just slid the bar to update. Consistent firmware is required for flight safety.
2017-9-8
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-8 01:55
Generally, a message will be popped up if inconsistent firmware between aircraft and battery are detected. Just slid the bar to update. Consistent firmware is required for flight safety.

I "thought" that the firmware was between the app... the controller and the aircraft... I realize that the batteries are included too.  I knew they were smart, but is surprises me that they have firmware needing to be updated.  
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules