Yet another fly away and two-week waiting
1280 16 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KenobiMaster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 355308 ft
Russia

I want to tell my story about my new yellow DJI Spark fly away. I launched my Spark, home point was recorded correctly. When the drone was at ~100 meters following happened:

I've tried to go down as quick as I can (using Sport mode) but the connection was lost shortly as drone was blown by the wind.

Nothing new, just one more fly away. Unfortunally I didn't find my bird, so I can't share a video.
I was surprised to find out that clients from Russia can't contact DJI support directly (" Because we could not send back batteries to Russia if it were a warranty case and to the end customer in Russia. If it is dealer, we might be able to send back the battery to you if the case were warranty(we Need to find out first of course.)") but my dealer contacted DJI and openned a case for me (CAS-891028-R9W6V1).

The problem is - it was 2 weeks ago and i didn't hear from my dealer or DJI. If it is known issue - why does the check take 2 weeks of time? I have 2 more drones (Phantom 4 and Mavic Pro) and I'm really DJI's fan. But such a long time to wait (in case of well-known issue!) is definetely a factor which can decrease client's loyality.

Airdata log

Airdata log
2017-8-27
Use props
daniel1111
New

Switzerland

Hey there, I had a very similar issue and I have been waiting for a response from DJI for almost 4 weeks now... I really had a lot of fun flying the Spark and like DJI as a brand, but I really want this case solved ASAP. Hope someone from DJI would finally respond to your and my case.
2017-8-27
Use props
KenobiMaster
lvl.1
Russia

Hi. 4 weeks? OMG, looks like they have ton of logs from guys who lost their birds
I had a conversation with my dealer recently, he told me that usually (with Phantoms or Mavics) it doesn't take a lot of time. But in my case they've sent data to Data Analysis Team.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please provide your flight data to dropbox and post the link on this thread . Once you update the information, we will have someone contact you as soon as possible. Thanks.
2017-8-28
Use props
KenobiMaster
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-28 01:16
Please provide your flight data to dropbox and post the link on this thread . Once you update the information, we will have someone contact you as soon as possible. Thanks.

Hi @DJI Elektra. Thank you for your help, it is highly appreciated.
Here are logs I've sent to my dealer - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m8evo ... Ou3tTvs98XJ4sa?dl=0
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

KenobiMaster Posted at 2017-8-28 02:39
Hi @DJI Elektra. Thank you for your help, it is highly appreciated.
Here are logs I've sent to my dealer - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m8evo36o64592u7/AABtm9ddJavOu3tTvs98XJ4sa?dl=0

Kenobi, we are sorry to have kept you waiting. We still need the whole folder of flight records for further analysis instead of several records. Could you please upload the folder to Dropbox again? We appreciate your time very much.
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

daniel1111 Posted at 2017-8-27 12:54
Hey there, I had a very similar issue and I have been waiting for a response from DJI for almost 4 weeks now... I really had a lot of fun flying the Spark and like DJI as a brand, but I really want this case solved ASAP. Hope someone from DJI would finally respond to your and my case.

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience, could you happen to provide the case number to us? We will help to look into what happened and get you an update as soon as possible, thanks.
2017-8-29
Use props
KenobiMaster
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-29 00:13
Kenobi, we are sorry to have kept you waiting. We still need the whole folder of flight records for further analysis instead of several records. Could you please upload the folder to Dropbox again? We appreciate your time very much.

DJI Mindy, I've exported the whole folder - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0u49w ... EMoRHrZT6k6Xfa?dl=0

If you need more files or other information - I'm ready to provide it.
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KenobiMaster Posted at 2017-8-29 00:44
DJI Mindy, I've exported the whole folder - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0u49w2gc9hyxats/AAAhO2YS4L-EMoRHrZT6k6Xfa?dl=0

If you need more files or other information - I'm ready to provide it.

No problem, thank you for your time very much, our data analysis team will try their best to analyze the reason of the accident, we will have someone to contact your about the result once it's done. Your patience will be appreciated.
2017-8-29
Use props
KenobiMaster
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-29 01:45
No problem, thank you for your time very much, our data analysis team will try their best to analyze the reason of the accident, we will have someone to contact your about the result once it's done. Your patience will be appreciated.

DJ Mindy, thank you very much!
2017-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

KenobiMaster Posted at 2017-8-29 03:59
DJ Mindy, thank you very much!

Keep us posted how it goes!
2017-8-30
Use props
KenobiMaster
lvl.1
Russia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-30 01:48
Keep us posted how it goes!

Yes, I'll post any updates here of course. I hope this accident is covered by warranty. I've read dozens of threads about fly-aways here, errors from the logs (Compass error + IMU exceprion = ATTI Mode + fly away) are the same as I posted above.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KenobiMaster Posted at 2017-8-30 03:55
Yes, I'll post any updates here of course. I hope this accident is covered by warranty. I've read dozens of threads about fly-aways here, errors from the logs (Compass error + IMU exceprion = ATTI Mode + fly away) are the same as I posted above.

The data analysis has been completed, the result will be sent to you very soon, please note later, thanks.
2017-8-30
Use props
KenobiMaster
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-30 21:34
The data analysis has been completed, the result will be sent to you very soon, please note later, thanks.

DJI Mindy, thanks. Judging by the context - the result is negative? Or you don't have this information now?
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KenobiMaster Posted at 2017-8-31 01:56
DJI Mindy, thanks. Judging by the context - the result is negative? Or you don't have this information now?

It is positive, the result has been sent to your dealer, please contact them to forward you the email.
2017-8-31
Use props
KenobiMaster
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-31 02:49
It is positive, the result has been sent to your dealer, please contact them to forward you the email.

Good news, DJI Mindy, thank you very much for your help!
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KenobiMaster Posted at 2017-8-31 03:05
Good news, DJI Mindy, thank you very much for your help!

My pleasure, please keep us updated if you need any further assistance, thanks.
2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules