6290 15 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0f54eaf6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5440 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi .guy iam having this problem when i fly my mavic the lens keeps fogging up ,it started the first time a few months back i thought it was the filter needed cleaning  ,clean it and it never happened again ,but its do it every flight this weekend. i think it got something to do with warm weather we had this weekend in the uk  ,it must be inside the lens ,i,ve never flow it the rain,any body know of  a fix, cheers
2017-8-27
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Just a guess, but are you taking it from a cold environment (inside) to a nice humid environment (outside)? My glasses fog every time I do this, so I suspect the Mavic will do the same. Try letting the Mavic acclimate to the outside for a while before flying.
2017-8-27
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

is it fogging on the outside or the inside of the camera glass?   if it is on the outside then its to be expected just leave the mavic out so it matches air temp..  

if it is on the inside then its moisture managed to get into the camera housing..  if that occurred nothing you can really do, other then let it dry it a few day in warm dry air..  

2017-8-27
Use props
fans0f54eaf6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5440 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-27 13:16
is it fogging on the outside or the inside of the camera glass?   if it is on the outside then its to be expected just leave the mavic out so it matches air temp..  

if it is on the inside then its moisture managed to get into the camera housing..  if that occurred nothing you can really do, other then let it dry it a few day in warm dry air..

yes, it.s inside the lens , its ok to start off, after a few mins it fogs up
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If the temperature varies greatly between the camera inside and the ambient environment, the lens might get foggy. Please leave the drone for a moment after powering on at the place where you are going to fly.
If the fog generates in the lens frequently and will not disappear, I suggest sending the drone in for repair. Thanks for the understanding.
2017-8-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sounds like big temperature (cold drone > warm environment) change combined with high moisture % in the air.
Not so nice to experience since it will affect footage.
Does it go away after some time in the 'warm'  environment?
2017-8-28
Use props
djiuser_SxdygAC
New
Flight distance : 485735 ft
Malaysia

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-9jA_Szq_2MYm9ETV9hcEl3bms/view

same here in Malaysia.
2017-9-5
Use props
fans39773d14
New
Dominican Republic

I have the same problem misting up the camera's glass, but after 5-8 minutes of flight, the fog disappears. How can I get rid of this unpleasant effect?
2018-1-23
Use props
Zonuna
New
Flight distance : 10272 ft
India

I Fix this issue by warping tape around the side of camera, i hope it works with you too
2018-4-18
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-4-18
Use props
particledream
New
Panama

I'm in Panama and it is very humid here. Try keeping your camera protector on. This creates warm dry air from the heat of the Mavic. A lot of people remove the cam protector for better quality footage, but keeping it on while flying will keep the lens from fogging up. Then you can remove the protector once you are satisfied that the humidity is gone from inside the cam.
2018-12-6
Use props
djiuser_suhvXYdTgauG
lvl.1
France

So I had this problem and managed to solve it. First I put my drone in a ziplock plastic bag containing rice on the radiator. After just half an hour the bag was  misted up so I could tell the drone must have had a lot of moisture in it.

I found I could get a temporary solution - first thing in the morning I would put it outside to cool down before taking it out. Having the equipment cold to start stopped it fogging up (take the battery off as you want that warm!)

The permenent solution was to dry it. That took five days sitting on a warm radiator. Yes, five days!!! There obviously isn't much ventilation inside the lense so it needs time.

Now I keep it inside a ziplock bag when I'm out with it, and store it in the open air (non lense guard) on top of a warm radiator. Haven't had the problem since.
2018-12-25
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

try setting it up and calibrating it outside so it acclimatizes
2019-1-1
Use props
djiuser_rOoLOeF0jcdW
New

United Kingdom

Ive been watching this thread as I have condensation bang in the middle of my camera, which I thought was due to me not using a uv filter, but having bought and fitted one realise this is not the case. Did you get this issue solved or should I be looking out to buy another camera for my Mavic 1 ? Regards . . .
2019-10-27
Use props
Terry7526
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82723 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-28 01:31
If the temperature varies greatly between the camera inside and the ambient environment, the lens might get foggy. Please leave the drone for a moment after powering on at the place where you are going to fly.
If the fog generates in the lens frequently and will not disappear, I suggest sending the drone in for repair. Thanks for the understanding.

I highly recommend that you do not send your product in to DJI for repair unless you have exhausted all other options and you have no choice.
I had this same issue with the internal part of the lens getting fogged up and I call the service number for assistance and was informed that the camera parts were still under warranty and that I should send my mavic in for repaired, I did just that and was shortly sent an estimate for repairs that I as unaware of. The repairs included external parts replacement that were not damaged when I sent my drone in but the camera was not even on the list of repairs (the only reason i sent it in) after many calls I was told that the drone had been crashed, which was true but there was no damage to any of the parts and I had flown it up until the day I sent it in for camera repairs. At this point even if i declined the repairs I was still obligated to pay for there evaluation so my drone would be held until I paid. I paid for the repairs and received my drone only to find that I still had the same problem with the camera and because there was no visible damage to the drone and it flew just fine  when I sent it in I had no way of knowing if any repairs were done at all.

I call DJI back a few times about this and never received a return call or message so I posted my experience here and someone from DJI reached out for for my info but again I never heard from anyone.

I am happy with the product and I do expect that things can go wrong no matter how well a product is built but as I mentioned I would do everything possible to not sent my drone in for service even if it means that I will have a very cool looking paper weight.  I wish that I had a better experience with DJI as I would love to try out there new FPV products, but I am now too afraid that I will end up with another similar issue......."fool me once....."

I wish you luck with your drone.
2019-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Terry7526 Posted at 12-15 16:18
I highly recommend that you do not send your product in to DJI for repair unless you have exhausted all other options and you have no choice.
I had this same issue with the internal part of the lens getting fogged up and I call the service number for assistance and was informed that the camera parts were still under warranty and that I should send my mavic in for repaired, I did just that and was shortly sent an estimate for repairs that I as unaware of. The repairs included external parts replacement that were not damaged when I sent my drone in but the camera was not even on the list of repairs (the only reason i sent it in) after many calls I was told that the drone had been crashed, which was true but there was no damage to any of the parts and I had flown it up until the day I sent it in for camera repairs. At this point even if i declined the repairs I was still obligated to pay for there evaluation so my drone would be held until I paid. I paid for the repairs and received my drone only to find that I still had the same problem with the camera and because there was no visible damage to the drone and it flew just fine  when I sent it in I had no way of knowing if any repairs were done at all.

Terry, I am terribly sorry for the late reply and the unpleasant experience you had. As per checking, I noticed that you had a repair case in March last year. May I confirm if this is the case number in this case?
Could you please tell me when you found that the camera issue existed again?
Please also help to confirm if the phone number on the last repair case can be used to contact you, I will try my best to help.
2019-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules