Shoot cost
778 4 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

What do some of you charge for drone video/pic?  I want to get in to using my drone for make some money once i get my UAV license.

2017-8-27
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

It depends a lot on the market in your local area, Google photographers in your region and see what they are charging. Another factor is how good your service/work is, again, look on local photographers websites, are you as good as them? Base you prices around your local market. If you are charging top rates, you need to be offering top quality products/service, if not, you won't be in business long. Start off lower than you think you're worth and you can always raise the rate.

Good luck

Mark G.
2017-8-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Good friend is a pro and he's taken jobs where he tells them, "Pay me what you think it's worth" after he has delivered some prints or images.  Odd part is they often pay him much more than he would have asked for.  He thinks they don't want to pay too low as it might be an insult, so they pay him more.  If he would have quoted too high a price to begin with, he'd never get the job and maybe get black-balled in the process.  He'll ask to "Try the job as a test" just to get his foot in the door.

I work in the fashion area and deal with hiring models who ask insane prices (>$100-$200/hr).  What I find works is to hire one model I've worked with many times as a stylist, and then out of her pay I have her hire the model.  Odd part of doing this is that women (stylist) will always try to underbid another woman (model) so she will pocket more of the initial money.  I've hired the high-priced ones for a quarter or a third of their asking price that they normally ask for if I had approached them rather than the female model/stylist.

A lot of this is some sort of sales trickery at times to just get through the front door, and then the money comes out the back door.  Asking another local pro for their rates is cutting into their turf and they don't like it.  Local camera shop had pros who couldn't stand to see each other in the store at the same time.  Been there.

Good luck, but it is a very tough market too and competition will always try and undercut you.
2017-8-28
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-8-28 03:57
It depends a lot on the market in your local area, Google photographers in your region and see what they are charging. Another factor is how good your service/work is, again, look on local photographers websites, are you as good as them? Base you prices around your local market. If you are charging top rates, you need to be offering top quality products/service, if not, you won't be in business long. Start off lower than you think you're worth and you can always raise the rate.

Good luck

I have been looking, i just thought i put the question out there and see what people are getting.
2017-8-29
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

I'm also interested in the responses since I'm planning on going into freelance drone photography as a side job.
2017-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules