2 controllers, 1 Mavic
5569 17 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

So somebody is telling me that you can use 2 controllers with the Mavic, one for flight controls and one for camera controls. I know that this is possible with the Inspires but i was unaware that this was possible with a Mavic. In fact im pretty sure its not possible but I may be wrong. I dont see what the point would be. The Inspires have a 360 degree camera and also have the option to use an optical zoom camera which makes a second camera controller make since but it makes no sence on a Mavic. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

2017-8-27
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-27 15:22
No it is NOT true. The second controller is JUST a SLAVE controller you can use to teach someone how to fly while you keep control of drone with the MASTER controller!

im still wondering more about this also.  i would like to have my GF be a co-pilot and help out with the camera or something..
2017-8-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

No it is NOT true. The second controller is JUST a SLAVE controller you can use to teach someone how to fly while you keep control of drone with the MASTER controller!
2017-8-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-27 15:22
im still wondering more about this also.  i would like to have my GF be a co-pilot and help out with the camera or something..

Again, ONLY one controller at a time, you or your GF, NOT both! the minute the MASTER controller do something the slave is off.
2017-8-27
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-27 15:25
Again, ONLY one controller at a time, you or your GF, NOT both! the minute the MASTER controller do something the slave is off.

can there be dual anything?
2017-8-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-27 15:31
can there be dual anything?

Dude.. NOPE, NUTTA, NOTHING, ZERO POSSIBILITY, no matter how MUCH you pray, help old lady cross the street, do 50 push up...

Otherwise get an Inspire!

2017-8-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-27 15:39
Dude.. NOPE, NUTTA, NOTHING, ZERO POSSIBILITY, no matter how MUCH you pray, help old lady cross the street, do 50 push up...

I explained all that and dude swears it controls the camera separate from the aircraft but I dont see a point to it. If you could yaw the camera independent of the ac its only gonna move a few degrees in either direction. To move the camera you move the ac. I dont see a point in having a separate controller for the camera even if you could do it. You would have a very limited range of movement and you would have little or no camera stability when you pan in either direction. The guy thinks he's right and I cant convince him any different. The problem is hes trying to sell his Mavic with 2 controllers under the pretence that you can control the camera independent of the ac. If somebody buys it with that capability in mind there gonna be highly pi$$ed, I would.
2017-8-27
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-27 15:39

i actually dont like the inspire drones nor the phantom drones.. they are too big and cumbersome and they are designed all weird..  i respect them for their tech, but their design is really i think terrible and uninspired.. function over form..
2017-8-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Portugal

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-27 15:54
I explained all that and dude swears it controls the camera separate from the aircraft but I dont see a point to it. If you could yaw the camera independent of the ac its only gonna move a few degrees in either direction. To move the camera you move the ac. I dont see a point in having a separate controller for the camera even if you could do it. You would have a very limited range of movement and you would have little or no camera stability when you pan in either direction. The guy thinks he's right and I cant convince him any different. The problem is hes trying to sell his Mavic with 2 controllers under the pretence that you can control the camera independent of the ac. If somebody buys it with that capability in mind there gonna be highly pi$$ed, I would.

I would be too unless they read DJI notes and or google it  or search youtube.

Buyer Beware... comes to mind!

2017-8-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-27 16:02
i actually dont like the inspire drones nor the phantom drones.. they are too big and cumbersome and they are designed all weird..  i respect them for their tech, but their design is really i think terrible and uninspired.. function over form..

You can't compare apple to orange. They are 2 different beasts!

2017-8-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Dude says were all dumb asses in the dji forum and he links this video https://www.wetalkuav.com/dji-mavic-with-2-remote-controllers/ to prove that he is right but it clearly shows it working exactly like Dronist said it did. There is a section at the end of the artical that says one controller is for the camera and the other controls the aircraft but its clearly incorrect if you watch the video.
2017-8-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-27 16:16
You can't compare apple to orange. They are 2 different beasts!

Where can I find these notes? I would really like to prove my point here especially since the article he linked is wrong.
2017-8-27
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

well i'm happy that is some options..
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mavic supports dual controller mode, for the logic of the controlling and the differences between the RCs, please refer to our user's manual at page 37: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.6.pdf
Thank you.
2017-8-28
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-27 16:32
Dude says were all dumb asses in the dji forum and he links this video https://www.wetalkuav.com/dji-mavic-with-2-remote-controllers/ to prove that he is right but it clearly shows it working exactly like Dronist said it did. There is a section at the end of the artical that says one controller is for the camera and the other controls the aircraft but its clearly incorrect if you watch the video.

He is clearly the dumb one!

The 2nd controller can only control the gimbal and camera when the MASTER IS NOT in control and doesn't mean you can use them both at the same time.

2017-8-28
Use props
Rod Amyot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19180 ft
Canada

It would actually be possible to do full yaw mouvement with a second remote without interfering with the direction of the piloting of the first one. Just think of the headless mode of some quad. In headless mode you can yaw anyway you want and control the position of the quad in grid mode just with the front and side joystick.  Or just take the untwist (or what ever they call it) of the Inspire 2 where it  just yaw by itself to prevent pan of the camera to reach the end of the motion.
2018-8-23
Use props
djiuser_BBcJii97pltx
New

Australia

The second controller would be used to get a live video feed without the requirement of any extra splitters or transmitters
2019-7-29
Use props
neilw_uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4814482 ft
  • >>>

The best way for DJI to implement gimbal yaw control would be with intelligent orientation control so the camera operator controls the yaw of the AC while it keeps flying in the direction the pilot is controlling it in. Like in the old Wookong days; This enabled you to fly as if the rear was pointing at you regardless of which way the noise was pointing.

This would be a great way to get full camera control but i guess there's a reason they didn't do this - UPGRADE :-)
2019-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules