Drone can't be activated with DJI Go App
4976 12 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m98
New
Germany

Hi,

just bought a DJI Phantom 3 Standard. I launched the DJI GO app and logged in with my DJI account while still connected to my home wifi. I then turned the remote on, then the aircraft and connected the tablet to its wifi. The app recognized the drone and started the activation process. So it prompted to accept terms and conditions, enter a name for the drone, choose the control mode and whether I want to use the beginner's mode. Then came the last screen: "Confirm your activated account". I then disconnected the drone's wifi and again connected to my home's wifi and tapped on "Activate". This message shows up: "Check your internet connection. The activation process requires internet access to link your aircraft to your account.".
Tried it for several times since yesterday, no success. The connection is perfectly fine, even logging in and out of the app does work.

Thanks for your help.

m98
2017-8-27
Use props
Saskebaby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1017989 ft
Philippines

2017-8-27
Use props
m98
New
Germany

Thanks for the video, but I've already seen that a couple times. Still, no clue what I could do differently. Connecting the controller via USB isn't required for the phantom 3 standard. They don't even supply an OTG cable.
2017-8-27
Use props
sSunSetter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

huh..... turn the remote on first then craft
......   there's more missing info....,  
2017-8-28
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Start the RC->AC->mobile device ->connect first with the Phantoms WIFI and then Start app.... The App reads data from the copter system and prompt "connect to internet" If the mobile device connected to the WWW the data will be sent to the DJI server and the copter receives a key. Then switch back to Phantoms WIFI and the activation goes further as in the video.
2017-8-29
Use props
Lucs
New
Flight distance : 206529 ft
Poland

I have the same problem. I was try on 2 devices "samsung galaxy tab 3 lite" and "huawei ascent mate 7"
2017-8-29
Use props
m98
New
Germany

So as it turned out as I chatted with a DJI employee, they recently updated their app so the activation won't work on devices without a cellular module because it now needs access to the internet and the drone simultaneously... That's just totally stupid, seriously, who thought that THAT change was a good idea?
2017-8-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Seems nothing is as simple as it was at one time.
2017-8-30
Use props
m98
New
Germany

Just thought of a joke fitting my profile picture: What's the similarity between penguins and DJI drones? Both could only fly by the mercy of their creator.

On a more serious remark, I was finally successful using an older version of the DJI GO app (2.9.1). Installed it on my NOX emulator, but it should also work well for those who experience this issue on a (non-cellular) Android device.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Activation is related with variable factors. I'm glad to hear that you have figured it out. Enjoy it!
2017-9-3
Use props
Perrymoon
lvl.1
France

m98 Posted at 2017-8-30 16:39
Just thought of a joke fitting my profile picture: What's the similarity between penguins and DJI drones? Both could only fly by the mercy of their creator.

On a more serious remark, I was finally successful using an older version of the DJI GO app (2.9.1). Installed it on my NOX emulator, but it should also work well for those who experience this issue on a (non-cellular) Android device.

Hi m98!

I have got the "no internet" issue when trying to activate a Mavic Pro.
This is the first time I hear about the need of connecting both phone data and aircraft wifi (non of the assistants in the chat told me about this GO 4 update!!). Did you actually clicked "Activate" being connected at both the phone data and the aircraft wifi?
2017-9-4
Use props
Capt'n Joe
New
United States

I'm having the same issue. Managed to find an older version of the control software like m98 did, but it went right to updating the app. And I still can't register my spark.
I went to the online support staff and still no help. They tell me that I can't register my drone on my PC, that it has to be done on my mobile device. I've used three phones, same thing.
"check your internet connection. The activation process requires internet access to link your aircraft to your account."
My phones all have access to the internet, both via cellular and WiFi.

I'm basically stuck with a $500 paperweight! ;(
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Capt'n Joe Posted at 2017-9-20 17:22
I'm having the same issue. Managed to find an older version of the control software like m98 did, but it went right to updating the app. And I still can't register my spark.
I went to the online support staff and still no help. They tell me that I can't register my drone on my PC, that it has to be done on my mobile device. I've used three phones, same thing.
"check your internet connection. The activation process requires internet access to link your aircraft to your account."

Have you switched the Spark WiFi to your home WiFi when you are trying to activate it? Here is a video below for your reference. Besides, what mobile device have you tried? Please try to activate it via an iOS device if it is possible.  
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules