short and very glitchy video after latest firmware
920 7 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willoneal
lvl.1
United States

I updated the firmware late last week and now I've got two problems.

1) the video stops recording after just a few seconds. It can be restarted, if I notice it, but it will not record more than 15 or 20 seconds.

2) the video is very glitchy.

2017-8-27
Use props
fb5b
New
Australia

I just ran the new firmware on my spark (which had been flawless on the original firmware) and it was diabolical. Unusable almost, kept saying interference, video was effectively unviewable, jumbled pixels, I gave up and packed it before I binned the damn thing. Will be doing the logs tonight and maybe get an answer, but it's VERY disappointing.  Never had this trouble with my Yuneec.  Using an Iphone 7 with Wifi connection to controller, no outside interference that I am aware of, never had an issue flying here before now suddenly after I stupidly did the firmware update, a great drone has turned into an unusable pig.
2017-8-27
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

look like the vid is taken from your phone or phone SD card.. Try taking it from the Drone SD card.. you get the actual quality files there
2017-8-27
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

If the raw file from the SD card is also not good, maybe try to restore factory default, and re-apply the latest firmware. So far on my side, no issues with the new firmware.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Try to reset the camera settings, then format the SD card, then try to shot a video again, if it is the same, please upload an original video from the SD card to the Dropbox, then provide me with the link to download it.
2017-8-28
Use props
willoneal
lvl.1
United States

eylneb Posted at 2017-8-27 18:40
look like the vid is taken from your phone or phone SD card.. Try taking it from the Drone SD card.. you get the actual quality files there

That video is from the SD card.
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Something wrong with your Spark for sure.
No interference as far as I can tell, Spark is really having trouble saving the video stream.
Not sure why, but based on your story it might be something with your SD card (not likely), or with the new FW / app .
2017-8-30
Use props
willoneal
lvl.1
United States

I think I found the problem. Even though I was using a Sandisk Ultra Class 10 card, the spark was complaining that the card was too slow. It was in very small letters next to where it shows how much space is left for recording. Even formatting the card didn't help. But other cards did not complain, even though they were the same manufacturer and speed.
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules