Inspire 2 video downlink / master-slave performance is getting w...
727 5 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

I don´t know why. Radio link in the Inspire 2 is getting worse and worse
First, communication between master and slave has been reduced to just a couple of meters. Beyond that, the signal just cuts. We are getting an average of two bars of signal strengt, reaching three if the controls are really close and four if they are just centimeters away. It has been getting worse and worse. We did not noticed this with the first FW/APP we installed.
Second. Video downlink has been getting worse and worse too. Last time we had cuts, stuttering and freezing signal even with the drone just 100m away. We could not fly more than 300m at all without having total loss of video signal. We were using 5.8. 2.4 was a little bit crowded and not working at all. 5.8 showed to be clear. All the channels showed "stable" but we had the comented video performance in every channel we checked. We did not upgraded to 4.1.7. We did not had the time to upgrade and test. We will try this. But we are very pesimistic.
Yesterday it was a nightmare and we are risking our job with the broadcaster. It was a live feed job. We are still dealing with the "vertical scan" artifact in the HDMI output and this makes all the technicians look at us like not having the right tool for the job. Everybody saying "the drone signal is not usefull at all".
I think we are not alone thinking that we are prisoners of a brand that is constantly saying just "wait for the improvement in the next FW" when the performance of the drone is just falling down and REALLY FAR from the specs they promised. The I2 had a good performance in the beggining. Why cannot be restored!!!!??? You are making us look very bad, getting a bad reputation as ops. and risking our jobs. The i2 operating make us sweat, curse and insult now.
I think we need an explanation and getting back the original performance ASAP. Why rolling back is not allowed???????!!!! Whats the secret??
Or this is just me (and my partner at the drone services company)? I know that not 100% of the i2 pilots is complaining... So what is going on with the people that is complaining? (not just isolated cases. I think we are several ops. affected).

2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry, I just replied in another thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=109378
2017-8-27
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-27 23:40
Sorry, I just replied in another thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=109378

I have seen that you replied there, but:

Sometimes you do not answer all my questions

Sometimes you just answer with another question, what take us to an endless conversation

Our main concern now is connectivity: master-slave, master-drone. This drop significantly since the original performance.
Can you please confirm if have been a reduction in power output or something through the newest FA/APP?
Why master-slave connectivity was affected? (at least in some cases. Everybody counts)
WHY there is not the possiblity of rolling back with many pilots (not hobbyst, bussiness affected) asking it?

Thanks
2017-8-30
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ale Reynoso Posted at 2017-8-30 04:56
I have seen that you replied there, but:

Sometimes you do not answer all my questions

DJI Mindy  and others won't answer you about the output wattage of the Transmitters and Receivers.

We need a RF test of the DJI system!!!!

Any Inspires 2 users out there with Test Equipment ?
Mostly Likley under 0.04 watts now!

WHY there is not the possiblity of rolling back with many pilots (not hobbyst, bussiness affected) Copied from the above post !!!

2017-8-30
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-8-30 14:53
DJI Mindy  and others won't answer you about the output wattage of the Transmitters and Receivers.

We need a RF test of the DJI system!!!!

That's a really good question. Supposedly in USA the FCC will allow a transmit power of I think 0.5W. I'd hope the latest firmware didn't limit that capability for some unknown reason.

Or maybe they realized that the standard 0.5W fries and destroys RC components and they needed to dial it back in an emergency fashion to avoid returns.

Who knows ... DJI engineers still have not addressed this with us, so all we can do is speculate.
2017-8-30
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-30 17:19
That's a really good question. Supposedly in USA the FCC will allow a transmit power of I think 0.5W. I'd hope the latest firmware didn't limit that capability for some unknown reason.

Or maybe they realized that the standard 0.5W fries and destroys RC components and they needed to dial it back in an emergency fashion to avoid returns.

Thank you for replying Paraviz , everyday I Check the DJI forum for answers in why my $10,000.00 investment is still AOG , why DJI won't answer us .

DJI WHAT ARE YOU HIDING
2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules