2174 12 2015-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dlew21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

As much as I like DJI products I am truly at a loss for what happened today.
DJI has NO replacement parts for the INSPIRE1, in my case the camera.  
As an industry professional (my entire career has been devoted to film), I can't understand how
a company that is trying to claim the Inspire to be a quasi professional drone as NO pro-support.
Buying an Inspire 1 right now is a gamble at best.  First off I love this drone. However if you are in the field and something goes
wrong with your camera, it's not like with the Ronin or Phantom series.  You LITERALLY can not get a spare part ANYWHERE (but they sure as will next day ship any of their products NEXT DAY).  Instead, you have to wait 6 weeks, YES , 6 weeks for a replacement and check of the drone (eventhough it's just a faulty camera).
I am not trying to trash DJI, I obviously love their products and they have some amazing cutting edge technology , however I feel as if DJI has a responsibility to offer faster service for their professional products or at least offer PARTS if they can't keep up with repairs.  They should devote more people for repairs and support (I waited 20 minutes for someone and that was low volume).
As a filmmaker I would not allow my crews to use this drone on a professional shoot and will not.  
If something happens, even if you wanted to pay for a replacement part, you are just out of luck (BH does not have parts either).
As an employee of DJI told me, "just buy another one and return it"....

Now that's service!

2015-3-30
Use props
johann
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34259 ft
United States

LOL.... When I read your post, I thought I wrote it - but it don't remember writing it like this.   (and I don't do "film", I'm more on the photography side) ... it was confusing.  So much like my story.  The last line was exactly what I wrote, I was told "I could buy another DJI Inspire..."
Yup, just buy another Drone for your parts.  You can get another Drone in a day or two...
2015-3-31
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

http://www.allerc.com/dji-inspir ... part-40-p-9808.html

Should be available shortly.

This guys looks like he might have stock already.

http://www.rchover.com/DJI-INSP- ... -p/dji-insp-p40.htm
2015-3-31
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Incorrect It is NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE
2015-3-31
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

johann Posted at 2015-4-1 02:04
LOL.... When I read your post, I thought I wrote it - but it don't remember writing it like this.    ...

I know I thought the same thing after I read your post.  
There is someone on here that said most people are very satisfied with their drone.   Yes of course, however when a part breaks on your car,  you obviously need that part..   So I would warn the people saying that they have a wonderful drone experience (like I did), that your experience could change on a dime.   In this case,  if your camera malfunctions or is broken, YOU CAN NOT GET ANOTHER ONE.... PERIOD!!!!!
2015-3-31
Use props
Omegadave
New

United States

STAY AWAY FROM THE INSPIRE 1 !!!

A:  ONE full day to even get this thing ready to fly, endless firm ware updates, cryptic setup, watching video, support chat etc, just to get it working!

B: NO PARTS!  Sure, simple plastic cover, but what happens when you crash and snap the flimsy GLUED in carbon fiber tube?  Nothin - that's what!

C: SIX weeks to send it in to fix it, that is insane for a semi-pro tool, this is really just an over priced toy...

Stay away - build your own that has all the part you really need when you mess up like I did.
2015-5-7
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INSPIRE- ... ksid=p2054897.l4275

they have some in stock just buy it now it it will cost you 550.00
now you can replace your camera, and be a happy camper.
2015-5-7
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

American efficiency and parts and customer service is missing from a product selling well in USA! Shame
2015-5-7
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-4-1 02:58
Incorrect It is NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE

have camera gumbil shipped to door $600... I returned it because DJI wanted me return whole unit for repairs.. so YES there are camera out there.. Just have call around and look.  Not saying was easy.  Because wasn't.
2015-5-7
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

Omegadave Posted at 2015-5-8 08:24
STAY AWAY FROM THE INSPIRE 1 !!!

A:  ONE full day to even get this thing ready to fly, endless firm ...

Hmm.. 5 to 6 weeks from checked in date.. so add another 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to totally..

So 7 to 8 weeks turn around time currently.. (as mine in shop right now)
2015-5-7
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-5-8 11:15
Hmm.. 5 to 6 weeks from checked in date.. so add another 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to totally..

So 7 to 8  ...

The funniest thing (looking back at it) is that when I got the Inspire 1 at first, and pushed the go home button, unlike EVERY other DJI craft ever, I watched it descend straight down to 20 meters and then tear its way back to me.  Literally chopping down bushes and everything in its path,  ultimately landing in a tree.  I really can't believe the default setting for returning home was 20 meters (36 feet).   
I didn't even check, so maybe that makes me the idiot however that is quit the departure rom DjI's previous altitudes..  Wow, what a site, like the Predator screaming through the woods.
I haven't heard anything about my camera in about two months.   So........what now?
2015-5-8
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-9 00:16
The funniest thing (looking back at it) is that when I got the Inspire 1 at first, and pushed the g ...

So can you get this replacement and put it on?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Insp ... hash=item3aa955c734
2015-5-8
Use props
jeff_yeager
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459072 ft
  • >>>
United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-5-8 11:15

So 7 to 8  ...

Seriously, same boat here.  They quote you 5-6 weeks but don't tell you it takes their lazy butts 2 weeks just to check it in!?!?  So just say 7-8 weeks.  How is that even right?  How can they get away with that?  2 months with out my $3K investment is just bs.  Especially since mine was just a bricked TX that their firmware update caused.  I had to send everything in instead of them just swapping out my TX like a good company would.  I agree, stay away from DJI products till they decide to offer a improved level of support.  Just a sales machine right now.
2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules