2954 18 2017-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KEDDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Hi

Can anyone explain how the flight statistic works?

As it shows to the right i have several flights both before and after 26/07 with altitudes higher than the 72,3m the stat to the left claim as the Top Altitude.
All items are the same on both my personal profile and when showing the AC.

What is the "Growth of Value" doing and telling btw?

Screenshot_2017-08-26-21-49-29.png
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It refers the top take-off altitude. The growth of value will lift your level. Remember to synchronize the flight records every time.
2017-8-30
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-30 02:39
It refers the top take-off altitude. The growth of value will lift your level. Remember to synchronize the flight records every time.

Thank you Susan

Then i can report that function to be defect also, on that day my max start altitude from sealevel would have been around 20 meters (three flights that day).

Another thing is that i can' figure out why to mark the takeoff point in the stats, max flying altitude makes more sense just like the max speed below. ;-)
2017-8-30
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

78 km/h it´s faster than in the specifications declared and 18 km/h faster than my P3S.

2017-8-30
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

I hit 47 mph (75 kph) with my P4... with a 15 mph tail wind
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Denmark
We stopped at Slagelse this year (totally off topic, but hey, it was a nice stop)
2017-8-30
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Peterx Posted at 2017-8-30 06:47
78 km/h it´s faster than in the specifications declared and 18 km/h faster than my P3S.

Yeah not sure any readings can be trusted with all the issues the things has at the moment.

Just played back the flight that speed is from, a 23 min flight with a total distance of 5,54km, mostly in P mode with lot of stop for still shooting, but in the last part flying in Atti mode and speed report to be around 77-79 for a while during a longer straight distance where the wind is comming in near rear.
But not much wind that day when looking at the flags.

Not sure if a short signal/GPS dropout can mess with the numbers but at take of i have 15 sattelites and during flight i noticed upto 21.
As often seen, when landing again on the very same little plasticbox i take off from something don't match, this time i land in a height of 1m and a distance of 2m ....
2017-8-30
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Spyder3534 Posted at 2017-8-30 07:16
I hit 47 mph (75 kph) with my P4... with a 15 mph tail wind

Not much wind for me that day, but a straight flight in Atti, see above.
2017-8-30
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-30 10:22
Denmark
We stopped at Slagelse this year (totally off topic, but hey, it was a nice stop)

Hope you were taken well about over here :-)
I would be able to confirm that that one would be lucky to hit a takeoff from 72 meters in denmark unless doing it from a roof somewhere,

Did you get some flying done while passing by?
2017-8-30
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

I must say... I really dislike "Growth of Value"   That really doesn't make ANY sense. And while I see that that number gets bigger every time I fly... it's purpose is very cryptic and then to have it SO VERY BIG AND YET UNEXPLAINED.... it's just very odd... I REALLY don't get it.   
2017-8-30
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-8-30 17:06
I must say... I really dislike "Growth of Value"   That really doesn't make ANY sense. And while I see that that number gets bigger every time I fly... it's purpose is very cryptic and then to have it SO VERY BIG AND YET UNEXPLAINED.... it's just very odd... I REALLY don't get it.

Is at the same opinion about "Growth of Value". That value makes no sense for enlightened and educated people.

The value in TOP ALTITUDE is not within DJI's competence to calculate. Unfortunately, the value may cause the pilot of non-skilled people to be accused of violating the local flight rules without ever having done it !!!

I've logged 74.6 km/h with my P4A in backwind one day it was in a good mood.   

Regards Leif.
2017-8-30
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2017-8-30 21:34
Is at the same opinion about "Growth of Value". That value makes no sense for enlightened and educated people.

The value in TOP ALTITUDE is not within DJI's competence to calculate. Unfortunately, the value may cause the pilot of non-skilled people to be accused of violating the local flight rules without ever having done it !!!

I also don't get the point of this, for sure is a feature DJI could take out and safe some space and resources for improvement of stability or new useful features.

I have been a DJI user for less than 4 months so i don't know if those features has been made in request from other users in the past, i just don't get point of it.
One thing i can wonder, why do they omit the "Top range", on the other hand i can guess why as often this is very low even the product is advertised to reach up to 7km / 2.5km.

At least we are lucky there has been no speed limits when airborne, and having around 80kph in Atti on a calm day i guess i have to test Sport a day with a decent wind up here to see what it claim to reach, even the speed has not the big value for my use of the thing.
2017-8-30
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Well a little more wind came in during the evening, but no hard wind at all, but had to see what it could do.

So went out to a location named "Map loading" ??? - And had a little flying back and forth. strange enough Atti was faster than sport, sport only slightly faster than GPS.
On the return path GPS and Sport would reach around 40Kph, in Atti up to 50Kph. Max speed reported as 100.2Kph/27.8M/s.
When flipping from Atti to Sport it seem to almost brake and speed dropped from 90 to 70 then slowly increasing to around 76, my guess is that going back to previous FW it would have even more speed as it really sound like it is humping, have noticed this before when flying stright ahead.

As almost always, landing location differ from takeoff even it is the same spot, this time the height seem to be correct.

Can other confirm that "Max altitude" to the left is not your max flying height?

Track path

Track path

Kph setting

Kph setting

m/s setting

m/s setting
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-30 04:22
Thank you Susan

Then i can report that function to be defect also, on that day my max start altitude from sealevel would have been around 20 meters (three flights that day).

The take-off altitude is relative altitude, instead of sea level. The max flying altitude can be found in the flight records.
2017-9-1
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-1 02:05
The take-off altitude is relative altitude, instead of sea level. The max flying altitude can be found in the flight records.

Sorry i don't understand relative to what then?

The takeoff's i did on the 26th of July was from max 20m, that would be two last of them, the first one from around 15m. so i don't get what the 72.3m would be.

Can i reset that one somehow just to see what it say after my next flight?
2017-9-1
Use props
CraigR
lvl.3
Australia

I still have a "growth value" of 1 and my max takeoff altitude is 1km. I don't understand the purpose of the growth value at all
2017-9-1
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Denmark

CraigR Posted at 2017-9-1 03:24
I still have a "growth value" of 1 and my max takeoff altitude is 1km. I don't understand the purpose of the growth value at all

Ohh it is easy, as Susan state, "The growth of value will lift your level." ...

Guess that's why we been restricted in range, now they can allow us to get more and more range as we grow in level - or something

I guess it wil only raise if flights get synced with DJI.

The Max Altitude, do you live or have flown somewhere it could match a takeoff height of 1km, or is it just some far out number?
2017-9-1
Use props
CraigR
lvl.3
Australia

KEDDK Posted at 2017-9-1 03:44
Ohh it is easy, as Susan state, "The growth of value will lift your level." ...

Guess that's why we been restricted in range, now they can allow us to get more and more range as we grow in level - or something

It's near where I live. (my house is at about 960m ASL)
2017-9-1
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Denmark

CraigR Posted at 2017-9-1 03:51
It's near where I live. (my house is at about 960m ASL)

Okay thanks, then it is just mine that has got a hickup somewhere.

And now knowing it show max takeoff alt. i can go wonder why it don't record min takeoff alt. (-1m) and min alt. from takeoff.
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules